Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice needed please

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

you mentioned you are doing hydro with the dog, does the hydro person also do physio? if not that may be another option

There are a few physios and physical therapist around now. I have one treating my eldest dog at the moment and it is really helping her

• Registered Users Posts: 21 terriers mum

you mentioned you are doing hydro with the dog, does the hydro person also do physio? if not that may be another option

There are a few physios and physical therapist around now. I have one treating my eldest dog at the moment and it is really helping her

Hi there
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes he does a bit of physio with him. Im thinking that maybe a dedicated physio should be next on my list. The swimming is helping & hes using the leg plus he loves it but hes still hopping which is slowly undoing all the good work. Its definitely physcological as you can manipulate his leg by doing the vets exercise programme & he will let you so its not painful. I really am at a loss as hes not enjoying life like he used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭itsusuallyjazz

I think a physio would really help him now, so sorry to hear he is not as happy as he was but you will get there with him

• Registered Users Posts: 21 terriers mum

I think a physio would really help him now, so sorry to hear he is not as happy as he was but you will get there with him

Well hes still having hydro which he loves & using the leg, the muscle is rebuilding but still recuses to put it fully down on the ground. Ive booked him in with the vets for a complete physical including leg xray & stability tests. Hes saying he feels pessimistic & that another surgery may be required. I cannot do that to him again it was horrific & with his epilepsy its such a strain for him. Im really at a loss as inever dreamed it would still be an issue 5 months post op. Thank you for your reply.

Advertisement