Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mike tyson v roy jones jr sat 28th nov free to air

• 29-10-2020 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭

7.East so swing your dishes you have plenty of notice :D

12725 V 3980 8PSK 4:2:0

ID: COASTAL MEDIA PRI

mike tyson v roy jones jnr saturday november 28th FTA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭stockshares

Press conference last night
    https://youtu.be/6OyN0049LXM

4 fights on the bill.

Mike and Roy from 49mins in

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

More excited to see how Jake Paul looks on the undercard.No way Jones resembles much of the skill he had when he was younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭bassy

More excited to see how Jake Paul looks on the undercard.No way Jones resembles much of the skill he had when he was younger.

time for bed buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Is this really happening.

How did they get a licence.

Is is like an unsanctioned WWE bout ?

ebbsy wrote: »

Yep it's happening and it's really down as a exhibition match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,452 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ebbsy wrote: »

its under the WBC banner ad the WBc decided if will be 8x2 minute rounds for fighter safety , Which strangely Jones has objected to saying that 2 minutes rounds makes it more unsafe form him and Tyson power,
    Oh and bigger gloves than usual not sure what ounce

Also the WBC have said because its an exhibition they will be quicker to stop the fight,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jones: Let's fight, but don't hurt me

I guess his chin is glass, so you can't blame him really...added to severely reduced reflexes.

And it's not like Tyson can't throw a fast whopper...

walshb wrote: »
    Jones: Let's fight, but don't hurt me

I guess his chin is glass, so you can't blame him really...added to severely reduced reflexes.

And it's not like Tyson can't throw a fast whopper...

I actually think he will beat Tyson with ease

I actually think he will beat Tyson with ease

Providing he doesn’t get hit any way clean..

I expect an arranged farce... glorified spar. Like WWE..

Providing he doesn’t get hit any way clean..

I expect an arranged farce... glorified spar. Like WWE..

It'll be a farce alright but Mike hasn't and would never agree to a spar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

They are wearing headguards right so it will probably go the distance

No head guards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭gypsy79

2 minute rounds though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

If they go for it, surely a full on hook to the ribs/body from Tyson would be enough to crumple Jones up?
    I don't care who you are, if Tyson still has half his power a 50 year old body is not going to take that.

If they go for it, surely a full on hook to the ribs/body from Tyson would be enough to crumple Jones up?
    I don't care who you are, if Tyson still has half his power a 50 year old body is not going to take that.

You can look at it both ways for example 15 years ago Mike was getting beat up and stopped by the likes of Mc Bride
    So id image it won't take much to stop him 15 years later,

The whole fight is a horrific idea and something no one needs to see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Jones was fighting up to a few years back , tyson wasn't.

And I agree 100% with below

You can look at it both ways for example 15 years ago Mike was getting beat up and stopped by the likes of Mc Bride
    So id image it won't take much to stop him 15 years later,

The whole fight is a horrific idea and something no one needs to see

I agree it's a horrific idea but I'll be up watching it.
    I blame lockdown :pac:

There's a Docu series on the fight
    https://youtu.be/eIqcuJZ3NGc

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭davidglanza

I cant wait to see it..
    Tyson was getting beat 15 years ago because he was coked off his box and not training properly..
    Just looking at him training for this fight hes in unbeleavable shape.

I cant wait to see it..
    Tyson was getting beat 15 years ago because he was coked off his box and not training properly..
    Just looking at him training for this fight hes in unbeleavable shape.

I'd be suspicious of how he got in shape. Look at the doc above. There's a bodybuilder in his camp named Brad Rowe and he's a steroid user.

Tyson's putting his shape down to the electro theraphy that Rowe recommended.

I'd be suspicious of how he got in shape. Look at the doc above. There's a bodybuilder in his camp named Brad Rowe and he's a steroid user.

Tyson's putting his shape down to the electro theraphy that Rowe recommended.

Im not calling any one a cheat or user but id like to ask you two questions

Do you think a 54 yearold man can look lile that naturally?

Do you think in the hisory of man kind a man of any age has has changed ther body composition from a fat slob to that in less than a year naturally?

• Advertisement

Do you think in the hisory of man kind a man of any age has has changed ther body composition from a fat slob to that in less than a year naturally?

tyson fury did.

bassy wrote: »
    tyson fury did.

Fury lost weight over tw year period Mike lost weight and added about 40 lbs of muscle in less than a year

Go look at Wilder v Fury 2 weigh in Fury is still overweight and soft with love handles, Hes no where near the physical shape he was in when he fought Wlad and even in that fight pre him blowing up hes no where near the shape Mike is now

Mike looks like a bodybuilder

Just heard there is no judges and the ref has to make sure its sparring and they are not trying to knock each other out
    Im not even joking

So basically its a waste of everyones time

It would depend on how long he has been training in order to achieve it . He has the genes and the know how.

I don't know how long he's been training or when he started taking the weight off. He has been running a Podcast now for over a year and he didn't appear heavy or overweight during that time so I presume he's been training for at least a year.

I think it's been a few years since he ballooned altogether. The last time I seen him looking obese was about 3yrs sgo.

His wife put him on a vegan diet at that time and he lost a lot of weight and looked small but I dont think he was training seriously at that time.

If you look at the pics of Brad Rowe he's a juicer and seriously disturbed looking. Rumours online that he's a dealer also.

If you were serious about your sport/profession you wouldn't have that guy near you but this event is a bit of a freak show anyway.

If be worried of someone getting hurt, more likely Jones because he is not speaking clearly as it is.

Fury lost weight over tw year period Mike lost weight and added about 40 lbs of muscle in less than a year

Go look at Wilder v Fury 2 weigh in Fury is still overweight and soft with love handles, Hes no where near the physical shape he was in when he fought Wlad and even in that fight pre him blowing up hes no where near the shape Mike is now

Mike looks like a bodybuilder

Just heard there is no judges and the ref has to make sure its sparring and they are not trying to knock each other out
    Im not even joking

So basically its a waste of everyones time

Told ya. Glorified arranged spar!

bassy wrote: »
    tyson fury did.

Not sure how this is remotely similar to Mike’s body transform!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭ebbsy

"and the referee will be under specific instructions to stop the match if it goes beyond "the boundaries of a competitive boxing exhibition."

€30 ??

No thank you.

I wonder will the promoter open himself up to some Fraud law suits ,
    Its being sold an advertised as fight but it will have no judges and no winners no knockouts ,so in the state its happening that is not a fight under fight rules ,so that is Fraud no ?

I wonder will the promoter open himself up to some Fraud law suits ,
    Its being sold an advertised as fight but it will have no judges and no winners no knockouts ,so in the state its happening that is not a fight under fight rules ,so that is Fraud no ?

Yes, but does the word 'fight' have to mean that a decision/result needs to be given on who is the winner?

I don't think it does

A no winner-decision fight, can this not exist?

Yes, but does the word 'fight' have to mean that a decision/result needs to be given on who is the winner?

I don't think it does

A no winner-decision fight, can this not exist?

In real life yes it can but under the Californian State Athletic commission no a fight must have Judges and a scoring system , Technically not a winner as you can draw , In a Fight under the commission both parties under law have to try to win , Neither party can do so here ,

This fall under an exhibition of fighters skill not an actually fight,
    To promote it as a fight and people to buy on premises of a fight is Fraudulent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd go fair enough if this was on normal BT. Box office is a joke for it though.

Advertisement