Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Fleet/ Routes Discussion Pt 2 (ALL possible routes included)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Does Emerald recruiting their own ground handling crew (advertising in last few days) suggest they no longer want EI handling their aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

Sky Handling Partner do their handling currently, not EI.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

In fairness I think EI still do their check in and boarding so it appears to the public that EI do it

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I would have assumed there were issues with the Sky Handling service if they're looking to insource the ground crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Early Summer Sky Handling had major staffing issues but recently they seem to have sufficient numbers but inexperience I’d imagine is still an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Three DUB-LHR-DUB returns and one BHD-LHR-BHD cancelled due to congestion caused by That Funeral on Monday.

I'm flying out of BHX that day and would be delighted with a much earlier flight - as there'll be nothing at all to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

It's beyond a joke really.

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Aer Lingus have updated their seat maps to display the A320neo and interestingly, the Qatar Airways configured A330s.

Does this suggest they'll remain in that configuration indefinitely?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Shamrockj

It’s interesting that the A330-200 seat map is still showing. Are they confirmed to be returning? well they fit much better in the fleet than those awful ex Qatar aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Just an update on the flight I had recently on one of the ex-Qatar aircraft in Business. Avoid if possible, especially on eastbound. The seats are far too narrow when flat to sleep comfortably. Also there is zero storage space for anything. Lack of WiFi is an annoyance too.

And an FYI for anyone traveling out of Chicago, Aer Lingus have moved to the newly opened gates at the very end of T5. It's a long walk and boarding was halted after it began for over 20 minutes because you pass through a glass tunnel that is used for arriving flights without preclearance, going infront of all of the other gates, so they had to secure the doors and let everyone off a 777-300 that arrived, before they could resume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

You'd wonder how Qatar ended up with such a substandard business class on these a/c in the first place...?

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

Qatar, like the other Middle East carriers, regularly herald the ‘next big thing’ in on board products and seating but it’s usually exclusive to brand new deliveries, specific to particular aircraft types and limited to certain markets so rarely becomes the fleet wide standard.

What was revolutionary in 2010, is now dated and inferior to most. Those Qatar A330s likely spent their final years on lower yielding markets; Africa, Central Europe, the sub-continent etc. while the glossy new seats we always see in advertising is reserved for the UK, western Europe, Australia and the US.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Gate M20-24 is only a 5-7 min walk from gate M9-10. (which is closest to the security exit)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭donkey balls

It looks like they can get bodies but the lack of experienced staff with a mixture of new staff,Seems to be the issue.

Aer Lingus website and app currently down, have been for much of the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Do u think the repainting will start back up in the winter for the new livery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

I would say maybe where an aircraft is due for a repaint anyway, which was the stated approach originally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

The gates now go up to M40. They opened a new annex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

Bad luck comes in threes usually what else will go wrong for EI

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Well EI-CVC appeared to go tech at LHR on Sunday, which caused a cancelled LHR-DUB service right bang in the middle of the website problems.

It only returned to Dublin yesterday as EI991.

So hopefully that was it!

• Advertisement

The Belfast City - London route seems to be heavily reduced in January with only 2 departures a day and the first flight being 13:10 on Wed, Thur, Fri and Sun. Also looks like on those days it originates from LHR. Is it true they are closing the base?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,196 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

EI107 operated by EI-FNH after suffering a bird strike on departure from Dublin. Micheal Martin on board on the way to New York.

Landed back safely in DUB.

EI-EIN expected to operate a replacement flight this evening

-EIN on it’s way to JFK currently #4 worldwide in terms of views on flightradar with over 1,200 tracking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Gary walsh 32

Looks like ei nsa will be delivered today

Suggested elsewhere that EI-NSB has been bogged down in some paperwork issues, it was officially 'delivered' four months ago this week. Hopefully EI-NSA doesn't suffer a similar fate.

Average seat pitch on the A320NEO is said to be 29" which is pretty standard these days, ahead of Ryanair's 28" on the MAX but noticeably tighter than the current A320 fleet. The cabin will really benefit from the addition of power outlets, in seat charging and wifi if those are still planned to go ahead.

Cleveland is to be officially announced next week according to local media.

Launches next May with a 4x weekly service backed by a $2m incentive package, $600k of which will be from the Cleveland City Council itself. I expect this will be another A321LR route.

Buffalo, Denver and a return to Hartford are also strongly rumoured for next summer which, if they all materialise, would require considerable reshuffling and expansion of the long haul fleet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Probably when we'll begin to see EI look towards the a330neo unless there happy sticking to the a330ceo.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭HTCOne

If IAD were to go back to a single daily A330 that would free up two LRs, then another 330 replacing the LR in MAN, or on DUB-EWR or DUB-YYZ accounts for the third potentially required. That still leaves DEN, unless one of the new routes other than CLE is only 3 x weekly.

Staff were talking about 2 second hand A333s being sought at the beginning of the summer in addition to the reactivated A332s.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭sherology

Has there been by feedback on the a321lr performance improvement using the Xtra length of the North runway for takeoff... There was talk if it being suboptimal on the shorter south runway when fully loaded.

Good news on potential expansion again.

• Advertisement

Has there been much opportunity for them to be used on the new runway yet? I believe most of the transatlantic A321LR departures happen after the current 1pm closing of the phased new runway ops.

Advertisement