Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Casefile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any reason why Richard Ramirez could not be the original night stalker?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

They don't look alike. Our boy has light hair.
    Tyson Fury wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That was a long one.
    The different nightcrawlers confused me, anyone explain it for me?

Gutted there's none until July!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Pidae.m wrote: »
    They don't look alike. Our boy has light hair.

He wore wigs, nobody knows what his actual hair colour was.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Ramirez was arrested in 1985 and EAR/ONS's crimes continued on until 1986 and DNA ruled him out I believe.

It's incredible how many serious offenders were operating in California alone, there was a throwaway comment about one of the jurisdictions not being too concerned with EAR/ONS because they had their own serial rapist who had committed almost 50 attacks.

I'd be interested to eventually find out whether EAR/ONS is also the Visalia Ransacker because then he would have started his spree having already taken a life, when it appeared he was building up the nerve to murder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

FouxDuFaFa I was the same think he was called stinky and was just brushed over!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I downloaded a few older ones. So far, the best one I've come across is actually from this year, Sherri Rasmussen case 42. Well worth going through older ones if you came to this podcast late like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Cienciano wrote: »
    I downloaded a few older ones. So far, the best one I've come across is actually from this year, Sherri Rasmussen case 42. Well worth going through older ones if you came to this podcast late like me

If that had been in a movie you wouldn't have said B.S!! The family court podcast is one of my favourite ones but
    the Lisa Marie young case left me unsatisfied. Why did she die.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

It's back!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The Daniel Morcombe case - the most recent, I think? - was a fascinating, if very, very grim episode. Fantastic police work!

• Advertisement

Good episode
    I kinda guessed "Arnold" was police when they had the perfect recording and his questions were very police like! Excellent long con to get him to admit though!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I wasn't going to listen as about a kiddie but did, absolutely excellently done. On a side I hate the C word but it's made for the Aussie accent!

Did shed a tear at the dads words, so eloquently put. RIP Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Good episode
    I kinda guessed "Arnold" was police when they had the perfect recording and his questions were very police like! Excellent long con to get him to admit though!!

Yes I guessed the same
    At first, I thought there was a recording because Arnold had turned police informant but as he probed deeper with questions, they were just so like a police interview. I thought he might get suspicious with questions like the one about the watch and the shovel but I think it said earlier that he did badly in school so I presume he wasn't very intelligent. Fair play to the police, they really put in a lot of effort to get him

Yeah the watch questions were strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

I finished the 3 part on the Yorkshire Ripper last week and it is gripping stuff, I only subscribed about 3 weeks ago and have 19 episodes left, getting through about two a day!

Case 41 Mr. Cruel was also a really interesting story, scary guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Daniel Morcombe was probably the best single episode yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It was superb. Has the potential for a great film as well
    The way it changed focus from Daniel Morcambe to Cowan was really well done, I was fully certain that the gang he was with were going to execute him to cover their tracks, would never have thought it was an undercover operation (until they played the audio recording). Was surprised it took the jury 8 hours to reach their verdict, guess it was possible that they thought he was forced into the confession/burial location)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Sounds great! Gona start one this evening, i dunno which to start with..

Gal44 wrote: »

I started off on Case 8 Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, I remembered it on the news when it happened.

Gal44 wrote: »

Tina Watson and Jennifer Pan are excellent. If you want to be terrified the east area rapist one is fecking brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

pc7 wrote:
    Tina Watson and Jennifer Pan are excellent. If you want to be terrified the east area rapist one is fecking brilliant.

The east area rapist frightened the crap out of me.
    I was having a shower the other morning about 7am and listening to it and I looked out the window (you can see out not in) and I saw a woman just standing there. I was convinced it was him even though it was a different gender, different country and I screamed the house down. Never so certain that i was going to be next.

Don't listen to that one in the shower.

(The woman was my next door neighbor. She is a bit of an odd ball and never goes outside till that day).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I was staring at the lock on my window today thinking about the EAR episode. I think the episodes have made quite the impact.

Just seen on their Facebook page they've surpassed 106 million downloads! Amazing numbers and well deserved, best podcast out there imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭fluke

Given all the talk in this forum I said I'd give it a go. Good stuff so far and really just cherry picking right now. The Peter Falcioni case episode was something else - an epic podcast episode if there ever was one.

I'm familiar with the Tina Watson case somewhat but haven't listened to the Casefile episode. Worth listening to?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

fluke wrote: »
    Given all teh talk in this forum I sau I'd give it a go. Good stuff so far and really just cherry picking right now. The Peter Falcioni case episode was something else - an epic podcast episode if there ever was one.

I'm familiar with the Tina Watson case somewhat but haven't listened to the Casefile episode. Worth listening to?

Definitely, it's one of the best single episode podcasts they have done

siblers wrote: »
    Definitely, it's one of the best single episode podcasts they have done

Great. I'll check it out!

I still can visualise Tina Watson from his description of her, it's an excellent one to listen too.

Just finished all episodes, Nooooo!
    The EAR is definitely the creepiest episodes.

CiaranW wrote: »
    Just finished all episodes, Nooooo!
    The EAR is definitely the creepiest episodes.

I couldn't listen to that at night it terrified the sh1te out of me, those phone recordings

• Advertisement

I've been randomly picking episodes but think I will start at...well the start, so as not to lose my way. The Katherine Knight case (ep 12) ended up pretty chilling...

I'm a big fan of the titles of the episodes where people's names are concerned - I go in to these cases blind (I don't even read the quick description on my podcast feed), so it's a bit of a bonus in of itself to hear it unfold as I listen, and find out whether the person titled for the episode, is a victim or a perpetrator

Advertisement