Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Thanks, I managed to get into b&q yesterday but they had none, will check out JP Corry when I get the time.

if you are using them for wardrobes try the plumbing sections. You will shower rails that will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 caroline756

Would anyone know where I could borrow some clothes rails for an afternoon as I am having a fundraiser for a homeless charity and selling clothes??

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Does anybody know a carpenter or framemaker that would make a copy of a wooden frame I currently have? I had a guy lined up to do it, but we're not in the same place and it's kind of awkward. Would prefer someone in or near the city.

Edit: Googled immediately after posting and found 'The Framemaker' on Dominick Street. Does anyone have any experience using these, and do the make to spec, yes? It's for my mother and it's pretty sentimental..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Does anybody know a carpenter or framemaker that would make a copy of a wooden frame I currently have? I had a guy lined up to do it, but we're not in the same place and it's kind of awkward. Would prefer someone in or near the city.

Edit: Googled immediately after posting and found 'The Framemaker' on Dominick Street. Does anyone have any experience using these, and do the make to spec, yes? It's for my mother and it's pretty sentimental..

Cregal Art on Monivea Road do framing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭jkforde

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    DEdit: Googled immediately after posting and found 'The Framemaker' on Dominick Street. Does anyone have any experience using these, and do the make to spec, yes? It's for my mother and it's pretty sentimental..

Ray in The Framemaker is dead sound with top quality and taste and if he can't sort you out himself I'd say he'd point you to the right person.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️ | Smart Day/Night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭ Lilith Muscular Fudge

Modge podge glue? Seems impossible to find! Anyone know where stocks it? Thanks

yeh what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Eeden wrote: »
    yeh what now?

I had never heard of it either until last year! Awesome stuff apparently, its crafty glue..sticks a lot of things to a lot of things!

I have asked my friend where she got hers and hopefully she wont say cork! I do however know the art shop in ennis sells it and if you're reeeeaaaly stuck for it i just so happen to be there

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I had never heard of it either until last year! Awesome stuff apparently, its crafty glue..sticks a lot of things to a lot of things!

I have asked my friend where she got hers and hopefully she wont say cork! I do however know the art shop in ennis sells it and if you're reeeeaaaly stuck for it i just so happen to be there

What do you use it for? I'm really intrigued!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

looking for bandanas - any colour. they were all over the place last year but can't find them anywhere npw.

• Advertisement

holly8 wrote: »
    looking for bandanas - any colour. they were all over the place last year but can't find them anywhere npw.

Isn't there a place in the corridor downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre that used to do bandanas? I could be wrong, maybe it's gone...

My old housemate just used it as some sort of fabric glue...used it as an action instead of the word glueing.... "ill just mod podge it!!"
    http://www.plaidonline.com/mod-podge/brand/home.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

It's the answer to all life decorating and crafty needs if pinterest is to be believed.
    http://www.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=modge%20podge&rs=ac&len=5

sammyjo90 wrote: »

Aw thank you SO much!!! I'm actually passing Ennis on Friday so I will pop in to get some!!! Thank you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

And you could always try make some -just glue and water apparently!

http://myamericanconfessions.blogspot.ie/2013/04/tuesday-how-to-make-diy-mod-podge.html?m=1

arf91 wrote: »
    And you could always try make some -just glue and water apparently!

http://myamericanconfessions.blogspot.ie/2013/04/tuesday-how-to-make-diy-mod-podge.html?m=1

Just bought some in Cregal Art!!! Thought I would chance popping in and lo & behold they had it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭deisedude

Anyone know where I can get a lifesize cardboard cutout of Leo Messi or a company that can make one if I send a photo?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,255 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

deisedude wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a lifesize cardboard cutout of Leo Messi or a company that can make one if I send a photo?

Maybe some of the sports shop might have one from an advertising campaign. It's a long shot I know.

http://www.partydouble.ie/ these guys might be of some help..read a thread where someone recommended them the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Any idea if any of the music shops in town are open late on Thursday? Need to get a cheapish guitar quickly... Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Don't know, but you should be able to pick one up in Argos in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Don't know, but you should be able to pick one up in Argos in an emergency.
    Oh yeah, never even thought of that. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

Isn't there a place in the corridor downstairs in the Eyre Square Centre that used to do bandanas? I could be wrong, maybe it's gone...

thanks - i'll try there tomorrow

holly8 wrote: »
    thanks - i'll try there tomorrow

It's still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Also, Kembali on Upper Abbeygate Street for bandanas. That's where I've bought all mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone know anywhere in Galway City our country where you can rent kayaks for a couple of days?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

J o e wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in Galway City our country where you can rent kayaks for a couple of days?

Have you tried the kayak club in NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Bob_the_dog

Hi All,

I need to get some 6904rs bearings tomorrow. Any idea of where I'd get some in the city or county?

Tks
    Bob

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,553 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

They some sort of wheel bearing? I'd be looking at places like caulfields and toppart websites..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭duckman!!

CBS bearings ballybane industrial estate

http://www.cbsbearings.com/wp/

Advertisement