Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Just uploaded these to Youtube,figured i'd lob them in here in case anyone wants to hear them.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

They should start playing some load songs again :pac:

Wasting my hates a great song.
    Love the start :D

Am I Evil? wrote: »

Yeah,i have Ain't my Bitch live too and it's great live,much faster than the studio version.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Am I Evil? wrote: »

+1

This audio is excellent, please do upload more if you have it Lord Lucan

I think to have seen them at this gig, with Jason, would have been fantastic...I have seen Metallica about 7/8 times, and only once indoors, and the indoor gig ranks as the best

+1

This audio is excellent, please do upload more if you have it Lord Lucan

I think to have seen them at this gig, with Jason, would have been fantastic...I have seen Metallica about 7/8 times, and only once indoors, and the indoor gig ranks as the best

I have the whole show. It was a cassette bootleg i bought a week after the gig. Only got around to copying it to MP3 late last year and finally got around to splitting the tracks a few weeks ago. If a few people are interested i'll whack the whole show up on Youtube and you can rip it from there.

Double click on the vid and have a look at 'my channel',there's a couple of GN'R tunes from Slane on there too.

Despite seeing Metallica in various guises both indoors and outdoors over the years that show in '96 is still a special one. I have no idea why but it's one of my favourites despite seeing them in MSG amongst other places. And Jason was brilliant for working the crowd and on backing vocals.

• Advertisement

http://www.metalireland.com/gig-dates/

Metal Ireland have apparently listed a date for Metallica performing in Ireland this September, seems highly unlikely given their current tour schedule, I suppose since they like Dublin they could come here for possibly a one off gig or a little vacation type thing....but I can't really see it happening...still, it's listed here since this morning

Metal Ireland have apparently listed a date for Metallica performing in Ireland this September, seems highly unlikely given their current tour schedule, I suppose since they like Dublin they could come here for possibly a one off gig or a little vacation type thing....but I can't really see it happening...still, it's listed here since this morning

At the moment there's a 3 month gap in their schedule from the end of their European run at the end of this month until the end of September when they kick off in Japan. I'd be surprised if they came back having played 2 nights on this island already in Belfast.

**** I hope this is going to happen,

After missing out on Belfast because of exams I need this :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Not ****ing Marlay bleedin' Park again!!!??? :rolleyes:

Not ****ing Marlay bleedin' Park again!!!??? :rolleyes:

James doesn't learn, and Lars doesn't listen to the needs of fans, unless they're complimenting him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    At the moment there's a 3 month gap in their schedule from the end of their European run at the end of this month until the end of September when they kick off in Japan. I'd be surprised if they came back having played 2 nights on this island already in Belfast.

I've been on MetalIreland for years - doing pay any attention to the Gig Dates.......it's just that anyone can submit stuff......unless you hear it somewhere else - like from Metallica, MCD or a venue take little notice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

lord lucan wrote: »
    Yeah,i have Ain't my Bitch live too and it's great live,much faster than the studio version.:)

That was the first dance at my mates Wedding :D
    raised a few eyebrows but was cool....

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rumours going around that Metallica will play Marlay Park Dublin on Sat 4th September 2010.

Cant really afford to go to this if ture ie have Slash, Iron Maiden and Guns N Roses.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

C**p, c**p venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lol Irelands favourite touring band returns again!

cant see why they are coming back tbh, last year's attendance was lower than the year before, and they had great support acts in 09, like almost a mini festival

I've no real issue with it being in Marley Park this year . It was very well organised last year.. the year before however was not and I came out of it in the mind set that I was never going back again haha.

Really hope this is true
    I need to see them again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

C**p, c**p venue.

You for real? Give me Marley Park over the RDS or the Point any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

djimi wrote: »
    You for real? Give me Marley Park over the RDS or the Point any day.
    I would, but how do I get there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw the thing on metalireland about it, it'd be very doubtful. They do sometimes have a wrong gig up, this will be another I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

been to their last 4 gigs here and tbh would not bother going if its in Marlay again! They need to come back and put on a show instead of just playing the usual setlist. . . Gud and all that it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

would love to know whos supporting this time?!

I actually would like to go, my 5th year running lol
    I know, they play the same set most years but tis still cool though imho

candy-gal1 wrote: »

I actually would like to go, my 5th year running lol
    I know, they play the same set most years but tis still cool though imho

Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and Megadeth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and Megadeth!

Dream on, ffs... Do you think any of them bands would play second fiddle to Metallica, nowadays anyway? Megadeth especially!!!

Mustaine would never do that... No way.

If you were being sarcastic or expressing a wish, apologies. But other than that, Dream on!!!

DazMarz wrote: »
    Dream on, ffs... Do you think any of them bands would play second fiddle to Metallica, nowadays anyway? Megadeth especially!!!

Mustaine would never do that... No way.

If you were being sarcastic or expressing a wish, apologies. But other than that, Dream on!!!

You of all people should know I was beng sarcastic, already said before the gig won't be happening.

Oh, and Megadeth are playing second fiddle to Metallica in roughly 2 weeks!

Mushy wrote: »
    You of all people should know I was beng sarcastic, already said before the gig won't be happening.

Oh, and Megadeth are playing second fiddle to Metallica in roughly 2 weeks!

Meh, I'm bored and I'm tired...

And that's a festival, different from a one-off gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anywhere but Marlay Park ffs. Just a huge ordeal getting in there last year and was too wrecked by the time I got in to really enjoy Mastodon, never mind Metallica hours later. Would go see them in the O2 no problem, if only that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

This gig will never happen, they didn't even sell 3/4 of tickets for last year so if any gig was gonna happen then it'll be at The Point, but i honestly can't see them comin over.

As for Marley Park, it's a crap venue, a nightmare to get to, why don't they use Malahide Castle like they did a few years ago, a dart station 200yards from the entrance, and a mile from my house :D:D

Well, this has really snowballed from an original announcement on Metal Ireland

I don't if this happens, if it does, I'd be a bit disappointed...its time for Metallica to take themselves indoor in Ireland for the benefit of Irish fans

I'll go, my parents live next door to Marley Park, so I always get free bed and board...and the tickets usually don't sell out fast enough so I've enough time to get one between now and then....although still, it would be a little disappoting

Indoors indoors indoors. The O2 would be cool for a Metallica concert. Like many have said, its a real pain in the **** trudging down stupid lanes to get to the concert site in Marlay. The RDS wasn't that hard to get in and out of now, was it??

• Advertisement

Mate of mine went to see them in Belfast and said indoor was absolutely savage stuff. Effects were amazing and everything...

So indoors may be the way to go,

Advertisement