Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hauliers licence

• 15-08-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

heres an interesting one, with this new legislation , how will quarry men work it, will they have to get licenced ,or can that cluas still be used about transporting your own material,same would apply for plant hire men with own lowloaders,
    and tesco, and so on, i am aware that hackers, and subcontractors have to have their own hauliers licence,
    and what happens say if you already have the licence and you end up in a dispute with someone , on a totally seperate matter and get arrested , will the hauliers licence be stripped from you say for a verbal assualt charge, or not displaying tax , or something simple like that,

because the way it came across to me via the matt cooper show, with anton savage ,was that once convicted and fined on any offence your hauliers licence is gone out the window, along with your livelihood,

and all because a few smart fellas imported illeagal women and drugs, for a few extra quid, not really fair on the rest of us is it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I may be wrong but I believe that it will only apply to those who have been convicted for what is deemed a serious offence.

Murder, rape, GBH armed robbery etc

It does seem like a knee jerk reaction to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

it will be good to see how its going to be enforced, because at the minute its not safe to bring a lorry out on the roads, for fear of being ,jumped on by the gardai, for anything at all, like not indicating both ways on a round about, and other silly offences , that neither ,i nor my solicitor think exist,

and i bet anyone with a lorry who may have had a disagreement with a guard in the past , is going to be a criminal now for sure,

does it also affect driving licences , for lorry drivers, or is it just the hauliers licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Here is a link to an article in the Independant.

It seems it is only for the road haulage licence. All I can see happening is that the company will be put in someone else's name and the guy will still be able to drive the truck, but will have to do so as an employee rather than an owner/driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Zebra62

Hi All,

I'm trying to help out a friend who's looking to pass the quiz test for a GDP card....some of the questions are multiple answers and if you try any section 3 times and fail you have lost your 100 euros. He has already tried and lost 100e already. Does anyone know where you would get the correct answers for this quiz so that he can get his GDP card. As far as I can see this is a money making racket.

Please help any truckers that transport Pharmaceuticals and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Whocare

Zebra62 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm trying to help out a friend who's looking to pass the quiz test for a GDP card....some of the questions are multiple answers and if you try any section 3 times and fail you have lost your 100 euros. He has already tried and lost 100e already. Does anyone know where you would get the correct answers for this quiz so that he can get his GDP card. As far as I can see this is a money making racket.

Please help any truckers that transport Pharmaceuticals and thank you.
    Best bet would be to ask on Irish rigs on Facebook much be other people who did it online there too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Zebra62

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

2009 thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement