Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Today, 19:03   #7546
Stark
Registered User
 
Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 19,237
Send a message via AIM to Stark
When they say "won't be done", do they mean first or second dose?
Stark is offline  
Advertisement
Today, 19:04   #7547
saabsaab
Registered User
 
saabsaab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,615
Anywhere vaccine numbers by county?
saabsaab is online now  
Today, 19:06   #7548
igCorcaigh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Be right back View Post
Anyone know the Cork numbers for today?
Apparently not.
@CorkSafetyAlert always post Cork figures if they have them, but not today.
igCorcaigh is offline  
Thanks from:
Today, 19:32   #7549
ACitizenErased
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post
Anywhere vaccine numbers by county?
Nah you won't ever get that
ACitizenErased is offline  
Today, 20:02   #7550
Daniel2021
Registered User
 
Daniel2021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabsaab View Post
Anywhere vaccine numbers by county?
That would be interesting to see!
Daniel2021 is offline  
Advertisement
Today, 20:46   #7551
Wyldwood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark View Post
When they say "won't be done", do they mean first or second dose?
1st dose
Wyldwood is offline  
Today, 21:27   #7552
Nigel Fairservice
Registered User
 
Nigel Fairservice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn View Post
I know of some 70 - 74 year olds being called for their vaccine in towns in Cork and they seem to be going in alphabetical order. (If that helps anybody)
My Dad is 70 and is getting his on Tuesday. He got the call yesterday.
Nigel Fairservice is offline  
Today, 22:05   #7553
Cape Clear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beer revolu View Post
I find it a bit rich of GPs getting upset at people having to wait for their vaccine.

Has anyone ever been seen by their GP at the actual time of their appointment? I certainly haven't.

Who do these GPs think they are helping with their public whinging?
At the same time, there are thousands of GPs getting and giving out the vaccines without issues but the handful of whingers who have encountered glitches become the narrative.

No one is interested in a tweet from a GP saying that they successfully administered 200 doses without a fuss.
I see nothing wrong with anyone highlighting hse incompetence.
Cape Clear is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Today, 22:35   #7554
Mardyke
Registered User
 
Mardyke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACitizenErased View Post
Nah you won't ever get that
I know shouldn't, but..... What? Why? Who told you?!

In any properly functioning health system, there would be easily accessible vaccine numbers available, similar to the daily covid cases.

I suppose properly functioning is the problem.....

Also, I've heard of some 70 year olds with a vaccine appointment and others that are older still waiting. Different GP, but how does that work...?

That's a question for anyone other than "A Citizen Erased" by the way. I want facts and sense.
Mardyke is offline  
Advertisement
Today, 22:40   #7555
freshpopcorn
Registered User
 
freshpopcorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 23,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardyke View Post

Also, I've heard of some 70 year olds with a vaccine appointment and others that are older still waiting. Different GP, but how does that work...?

That's a question for anyone other than "A Citizen Erased" by the way. I want facts and sense.
My area seems to be doing it alphabetically! I think they are doing (70-74 year old's now).
freshpopcorn is online now  
Today, 22:55   #7556
Corholio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,666
Quote:
Originally Posted by the beer revolu View Post
I find it a bit rich of GPs getting upset at people having to wait for their vaccine.

Has anyone ever been seen by their GP at the actual time of their appointment? I certainly haven't.

Who do these GPs think they are helping with their public whinging?
At the same time, there are thousands of GPs getting and giving out the vaccines without issues but the handful of whingers who have encountered glitches become the narrative.

No one is interested in a tweet from a GP saying that they successfully administered 200 doses without a fuss.
GP's are simply voicing their concern of these delays, to label them as whingers is very unfair imo. Most of the outrages that people discuss on here and other places come from messages exactly like this. Maybe the people who discuss it should quantify it in the scheme of things rather than pinning it on doctors who have had to tell patients to come back another day.
Corholio is online now  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet