Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

34 further COVID19 related deaths

The HPSC confirms they have been notified of a further 473 cases of COVID19 in the Republic of Ireland

14 of the cases in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When did the deaths occur ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    When did the deaths occur ?
    3 occurred in April, 4 in March, 19 in February, 5 in January, and 3 in December or earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

3 occurred in April, 4 in March, 19 in February, 5 in January, and 3 in December or earlier.

I should have added that regardless of when they happened it’s a person who has died. It’s just that I’ve found that some in the media don’t provide this context.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is south doc in blackpool open again? Does anyone know ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

Yet more GPs online today with people and staff ready to administer vaccines that were due to arrive at 7:30am. Over 3 & 1/2 hours later still no sign of them

I heard the GP on the radio.

He had absolutely no guarantee that the vaccine would arrive at 7:30am. Just because on previous occasions the vaccines arrived at 7:30am didn't in any way imply he could take it as a given that future deliveries would arrive at the same time. He was foolish to say the least.

These situations can easily be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,741 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I find it a bit rich of GPs getting upset at people having to wait for their vaccine.

Has anyone ever been seen by their GP at the actual time of their appointment? I certainly haven't.

Who do these GPs think they are helping with their public whinging?
    At the same time, there are thousands of GPs getting and giving out the vaccines without issues but the handful of whingers who have encountered glitches become the narrative.

No one is interested in a tweet from a GP saying that they successfully administered 200 doses without a fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know of some 70 - 74 year olds being called for their vaccine in towns in Cork and they seem to be going in alphabetical order. (If that helps anybody)

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭discostu1

My sister in Law just over 70 being vaccinated tomorrow in the CIT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

My parents got theirs vaccines today.
    Anyone know the Cork numbers for today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭deeperlearning

Daily average (last 7 days): 17,332
    ‣ 7 day total (rolling): 121,326
    ‣ Doses administered per 100 people: 19.33

Our 7 day average has FALLEN.. Nice to see the HSE pump the breaks on the roll out over the long weekend. No rush lads it’s not like the country is at a standstill waiting on yer “ramp up”

Yet more GPs online today with people and staff ready to administer vaccines that were due to arrive at 7:30am. Over 3 & 1/2 hours later still no sign of them

I know this will come as a huge shock to you but many GPs don't open at Easter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

A large GP practice in the western suburbs with multiple doctors & nurses has said 70 - 74 year olds won't be done for at least 4 more weeks. They only vaccinate every second week. Seems very slow to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

When they say "won't be done", do they mean first or second dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Anywhere vaccine numbers by county?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Anyone know the Cork numbers for today?

Apparently not.
    @CorkSafetyAlert always post Cork figures if they have them, but not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

saabsaab wrote: »
    Nah you won't ever get that

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

saabsaab wrote: »

That would be interesting to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Stark wrote: »
    When they say "won't be done", do they mean first or second dose?

1st dose

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I know of some 70 - 74 year olds being called for their vaccine in towns in Cork and they seem to be going in alphabetical order. (If that helps anybody)

My Dad is 70 and is getting his on Tuesday. He got the call yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I find it a bit rich of GPs getting upset at people having to wait for their vaccine.

Has anyone ever been seen by their GP at the actual time of their appointment? I certainly haven't.

At the same time, there are thousands of GPs getting and giving out the vaccines without issues but the handful of whingers who have encountered glitches become the narrative.

No one is interested in a tweet from a GP saying that they successfully administered 200 doses without a fuss.

I see nothing wrong with anyone highlighting hse incompetence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Nah you won't ever get that

I know shouldn't, but..... What? Why? Who told you?!

In any properly functioning health system, there would be easily accessible vaccine numbers available, similar to the daily covid cases.

I suppose properly functioning is the problem.....

Also, I've heard of some 70 year olds with a vaccine appointment and others that are older still waiting. Different GP, but how does that work...?

That's a question for anyone other than "A Citizen Erased" by the way. I want facts and sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mardyke wrote: »

Also, I've heard of some 70 year olds with a vaccine appointment and others that are older still waiting. Different GP, but how does that work...?

That's a question for anyone other than "A Citizen Erased" by the way. I want facts and sense.

My area seems to be doing it alphabetically! I think they are doing (70-74 year old's now).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

GP's are simply voicing their concern of these delays, to label them as whingers is very unfair imo. Most of the outrages that people discuss on here and other places come from messages exactly like this. Maybe the people who discuss it should quantify it in the scheme of things rather than pinning it on doctors who have had to tell patients to come back another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Corholio wrote: »
    GP's are simply voicing their concern of these delays, to label them as whingers is very unfair imo. Most of the outrages that people discuss on here and other places come from messages exactly like this. Maybe the people who discuss it should quantify it in the scheme of things rather than pinning it on doctors who have had to tell patients to come back another day.

Maybe the GPS should quantify whether the delay is more than their usual, shock horror if they had to stay an hour later rather than tell patients to come back another day, some gps are milking it all over the media and social media, never happy,others are banging out the vaccine without a word.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Cape Clear wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with anyone highlighting hse incompetence.

I saw mine twice in padua clinic, Curraheen road,no feckin about ,in and out in 5 minutes- waiting in the car park to rear in the rain unfortunately but just glad to be seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Daniel2021 wrote: »
    Anyone here hearing of people in cohort 4 specifically those who qualify due to BMI being vaccinated in Cork?

A relative is in this cateogory and getting nowhere with GP.

The BMI needs to be higher than 40, I know a couple of people in that category who are done now. It was through their GP in both cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Mardyke wrote: »
    I know shouldn't, but..... What? Why? Who told you?!

In any properly functioning health system, there would be easily accessible vaccine numbers available, similar to the daily covid cases.

I suppose properly functioning is the problem.....

I don't disagree with you, but I think it would be hard to quantify by county given there will probably be a lot of people vaccinated in Cork from surrounding counties for example, like it's possible people from Limerick will be sent to Mallow. Workers in CUH probably commute from east Kerry, west Waterford and south Tipp, and also anyone on or near a county border could well have a gp in a different county. It's doable I'm sure based on address registered to the pps number somehow but it's admin that could be better put to use organising more appointments.

I think a GP gets a certain minimum amount of doses so they might go into the next category if they don't have enough over 80s to use up the amount they got but that's pure hearsay. I've no idea how the amounts are being allocated to different GPs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i called my gp on friday to ask about the vaccine they said that they are still doing over 70s and i basically got told that i need to keep an eye on social media. that fills me with a lot confidence. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I don't disagree with you, but I think it would be hard to quantify by county given there will probably be a lot of people vaccinated in Cork from surrounding counties for example, like it's possible people from Limerick will be sent to Mallow. Workers in CUH probably commute from east Kerry, west Waterford and south Tipp, and also anyone on or near a county border could well have a gp in a different county. It's doable I'm sure based on address registered to the pps number somehow but it's admin that could be better put to use organising more appointments.

I think a GP gets a certain minimum amount of doses so they might go into the next category if they don't have enough over 80s to use up the amount they got but that's pure hearsay. I've no idea how the amounts are being allocated to different GPs.

Not sure what value county stats would add and may lead to ill informed political posturing from the likes of Healy Rae Tommy Gould or others of their ilk. South infirmary has been vaccinating health staff from around Munster so that for a start would skew Cork numbers.

• Advertisement

So with easing of restrictions, does mean I can get domestic construction work done. Its not very clear at all

Advertisement