Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Random/General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Anyone know this number - 051 810011. Missed call not known to me or google.

If they're that anxious they'll call back!

You've probably inherited a gold mine!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Anyone know this number - 051 810011. Missed call not known to me or google.

Definitely the tax office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I thought i was seeing things earlier when i passed that new housing development on the ORR but i definitely seen about 5 goats grazing on a bit of grass just outside Knightswood!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

The outdoor shop besides regatta seems to be close permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The outdoor shop besides regatta seems to be close permanently

trespass, id say opening and closing shops of theirs is common enough, its a budget brand, but their stuff isnt too bad at all

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    trespass, id say opening and closing shops of theirs is common enough, its a budget brand, but their stuff isnt too bad at all

Suppose it probably didn't help they were right beside regatta and then Mountain Warehouse across the road then again

Suppose it probably didn't help they were right beside regatta and then Mountain Warehouse across the road then again

ah tis just the way markets have gone, intense competition, crushes businesses out of existence, not good for employees

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/12/we-could-have-a-chinatown-on-ballybricken/

Looking forward to the Ballybricken Mardi Gras when covid is gone

Jesus what does some of our councillor's be on when they come up with these ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Arch coffee, great stuff. Wide range and very reasonably priced. But i notice its the only coffee shop I have ever been to where they dont put the lids on. They hand you the cups, then put the lids next to it!.
    Not a big deal but definitely something ive never seen before. Wonder did they get in trouble from a loose lid which lead to a burning, now they leave it up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Arch coffee, great stuff. Wide range and very reasonably priced. But i notice its the only coffee shop I have ever been to where they dont put the lids on. They hand you the cups, then put the lids next to it!.
    Not a big deal but definitely something ive never seen before. Wonder did they get in trouble from a loose lid which lead to a burning, now they leave it up to you.
    Could be down to Covid? Stops the staff handling where you are going to drink from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Could be down to Covid? Stops the staff handling where you are going to drink from?

Maybe it's a convenience thing, your going to put milk or sugar in it so you need to take the lid off again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/12/we-could-have-a-chinatown-on-ballybricken/

Looking forward to the Ballybricken Mardi Gras when covid is gone

Jesus what does some of our councillor's be on when they come up with these ideas

Power highlighted all the "colourful" immigrant populations and thus was unwittingly indulging in "Orientalism" when you highlight the obvious surface differences and forget they are actual people who want to get on with their lives and not made party pieces for the indulgence of the "natives"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭dzilla

Can anybody suggest the best place to get rid of bags of builders waster? Broken plaster boards, off cuts etc etc. I have them bagged in rubble bags was hoping to bring them in a trailer somewhere that does pay by weight. Getting another skip is not an option.

Thanks
    d

dzilla wrote: »
    Can anybody suggest the best place to get rid of bags of builders waster? Broken plaster boards, off cuts etc etc. I have them bagged in rubble bags was hoping to bring them in a trailer somewhere that does pay by weight. Getting another skip is not an option.

Thanks
    d

id imagine any of the waste companies would take it, green star, friends of the earth etc, now to get rid of waster builders, jaysis, thats a tough one!

id imagine any of the waste companies would take it, green star, friends of the earth etc, now to get rid of waster builders, jaysis, thats a tough one!

Thank you! Il ring friends of the earth

Thank you! Il ring friends of the earth

was in there a couple of months ago for the first time, they seemed to take anything in

was in there a couple of months ago for the first time, they seemed to take anything in

Yup i just rang 250€ per tonne. They weigh it in there

I only have about 100kg or so of stuff so should only be 25quid

Sad news. Vintage tea rooms will not be reopening.

Sad news. Vintage tea rooms will not be reopening.

Yeah it is and sadly won't be the last establishment in the hospitality industry to close

Did you see this

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=272047507772969

Just a follow up, have done a few car runs in with all the rubbish I had. definitely cheaper than a skip. Much cheaper.

• Advertisement

Just a follow up, have done a few car runs in with all the rubbish I had. definitely cheaper than a skip. Much cheaper.

how much per car load, have a load of stuff here, but not enough for a skip? thank you

how much per car load, have a load of stuff here, but not enough for a skip? thank you

I was filling a big estate car with either wood or plaster board. 5 journeys averaged out around 12€ each. Literally weigh the car before and after and pay then at the hut.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I see the man that was living in the doorway of Shaws is there no longer!

Has he been found accommodation or has he moved on?

Hopefully he has a bed, heard it's next to impossible to find one in the region

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Vladi_

There's a tent inside the Beach tower. Could be him.

Didn't he have a pram next to him at one stage ?

Settle an argument from Waterford its

Down to Cork/Kerry
    Up to Kilkenny/Dublin/Tipp etc

Gripe I have shown people constantly saying 'I'm going down to etc'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Up to Dublin down to Cork (over to Wexford)

Advertisement