Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top Christmas Movie

1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

snowgal wrote: »
    I think the christmas adverts one would be great! Could see many a conflict!! Already have mine lined up.....

Holidays are coming, holidays are coming...................

I raise you........'Even at the home of the black stuff......'

Loughc wrote: »
    Congrats to Home Alone our 2nd seed over came the odds and toppled the top dog.

For me Elf was more of a Christmas film, Home Alone is a home invasion movie set at Christmas, still a small gripe as I love both movies.

Yeh. Home Alone could be set at thanksgiving with few changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

TRS30 wrote: »

I’ll see you and raise you ...

The Bear and the Hare

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Yeh. Home Alone could be set at thanksgiving with few changes.

... and actually one of my favourite 'christmas' movies is Planes, trains and automobiles which is set at thanksgiving

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think that’s decided so the next tournament will be

Best Christmas Adverts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That & the budweiser clysedales won the last advert competition we had, though that one wasnt a head to head knockout & was based on overall number of votes. Says a lot about the Irish that gargle adverts came first & second :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

nightie wrote: »
    I’ll see you and raise you ...

The Bear and the Hare

Love that ad and the song from Lilly Allen on it (Keane cover).

So I'll see you and raise you …...Penney's got a whole lot of things for Christmas. :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

And the cornflakes ad- trying to catch a glimpse of Santy :)
    I still love that ad because when I was about 4 I was exactly like that little girl right down to the onesie, the Buck Rogers robot hairdo, bossy, know-it-all big sister and a brother who would have totally came up with the whole escapade of lying in wait for Santa. :D

I’m having withdrawal symptoms from the competition being over lol

Wine is helping

I’m having withdrawal symptoms from the competition being over lol

Wine is helping

Lets hope we don't have to go cold turkey for too long!

• Advertisement

Lets hope we don't have to go cold turkey for too long!

Ah think its only fair to have a wee break between tournaments, after all the mods have stuff to do outside of here too. & anyway, we want to extend the fun, if we jumped straight into another one straight after one finished we'd be done with them all by Easter.... :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Ah think its only fair to have a wee break between tournaments, after all the mods have stuff to do outside of here too. & anyway, we want to extend the fun, if we jumped straight into another one straight after one finished we'd be done with them all by Easter.... :D

Agree. Waiting a bit will make us enjoy it even more.

I just wanted to get my 'cold turkey' pun in :D

I just wanted to get my 'cold turkey' pun in :D

oops! never even copped it... :pac:

Oh deer, cold turkey is definitely on the menu after a wine fuelled Zoom session last night. Yule be sorry you got me started on the Christmas puns TRS30!

Oh deer, cold turkey is definitely on the menu after a wine fuelled Zoom session last night. Yule be sorry you got me started on the Christmas puns TRS30!

Ho ho ho......that was a good one :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ye guys are crackers!! :pac:

Ye are sleighing me with these excellent puns! :D

Eskie wrote: »
    Ye are sleighing me with these excellent puns! :D

They’re snow joke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has to be home alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Has to be home alone!

It came second :) Elf won

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »

Other way round. Home alone bt Elf in the final.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »

Ahh crap so I was late voting? :o:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Home Alone won the whole tournament, so no need. We did the work for you. :D

Our next competition starts in March!

Posy wrote: »
    Home Alone won the whole tournament, so no need. We did the work for you. :D

Our next competition starts in March!

Hooray !

Dc0BK.gif

:pac:

1yM8Xvr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yipeee! 🎶 holidays are coming, holidays are coming 🎶

Loughc wrote: »
    1yM8Xvr.jpg

New tournament is now LIVE!!

Advertisement