Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RECOMMEND A COMPANY TO INSTALL A HOUSE ALARM

Options
  • 21-02-2021 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi there I'm based in dundalk and just wondering if anybody can recommend a company to install and house alarm please , we recently moved in to a new 3 bedroom house and we want to get a house alarm I'm absolutely clueless on what we need or cost , we just want the basic alarm system , nothing fancy , is there much difference with a monitored or non monitored system thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

https://www.proutsecurity.com/ came recommended to me by the Gardai. Cost about €900 to get mine installed including a GSM module so I get a text any time the alarm goes off. The text service cost about €90/year.

It's a HKC control panel which also has an app that informs me any time the alarm is set or unset and you can use it to set/unset remotely.

Very neat and tidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Also, on your house insurance form do NOT say that the house is alarmed. It will only reduce the premium slightly but if your house is broken into and the alarm was not set you will not be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Byrne alarms in Drogheda installed my alarm about 18 months ago. I was very impressed with their service.

They also install a HKC panel which connects to an app, so the alarm can be set or unset remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,963 ✭✭✭✭event

Scotty # wrote: »
    https://www.proutsecurity.com/ came recommended to me by the Gardai. Cost about €900 to get mine installed including a GSM module so I get a text any time the alarm goes off. The text service cost about €90/year.

It's a HKC control panel which also has an app that informs me any time the alarm is set or unset and you can use it to set/unset remotely.

Very neat and tidy.

Kevin is a top man, know a few who got alarms done my him, my father included

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

Thanks for all the suggestions ,I'll get straight on to them thank you .

• Advertisement
Advertisement