Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buy a house close to sewage treatment - Mullingar

• 17-01-2021 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Sorry, for my question for those who live in the area, I'm looking to buy a house in Mullingar, however, I'm concern about health and safety, and or any recommendations, it is good or bad to buy a house close to sewage? and what type of sewage plant is on Mullingar? Odors? any conditions...?

I'll appreciate all your feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

where is the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

please remember if you have concerns with it now ......rest assured when you sell the new buyer will have the same concerns. Could be a deal breaker. There is always some smell despite what you are told.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

It's more so the demographics of Mullingar I'd be concerned with if buying a house.

It's more so the demographics of Mullingar I'd be concerned with if buying a house.

majority of town is fine.
    sure you could say the same for most towns in Ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Khumatmibro

majority of town is fine.
    sure you could say the same for most towns in Ireland

Sure boss 🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 jcdsr1

Hi, sorry for my late answer. Here is the place on google maps

m45gdUp.png

The housing estate beside that is there decades

Why not call around to a few houses and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Wind direction and location of the house plays a part. Ireland's prevailing winds are ,S,SW, mostly so if you are north of the plant you may have more noticeable odours.

The way Irish water run most of these things is at max capacity or beyond , with investment promised but on the long finger alot of the time , which makes odour issues and releases more likely . The EPA records are searchable online .

I live about 3km from a site that covers alot of cork city subarbs . Not noticeable for me 99% of the time and I am behind the brow of a hill. Houses 2,km away from it regularly complain , houses within 1km notice it very regularly especially during summer months .

Advertisement