Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Male Bodybuilders

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No my cup of tea on a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

No my cup of tea on a woman.

Why would you put your cup of tea on a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wouldn't. No my cup of tea..

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Whose cup of tea then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I read this with a Scottish accent.
    "it's no my cuppa teaa"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Are we talking about the Rock style muscular? Because I like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I find the lifestyle interesting but there are some sad cases that put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've a friend that goes to all those weird bodybuilder shows, I just don't get it! like how is looking at greased up disgustingly muscular men entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

It depends on the guy. Tbh, the bodybuilder look in the sense of Mr Olympia is not something you see anymore and is a parody of itself. The majority of overly bulky guys are rugby lads or faux rugby lads, both sport fatceps and 18 per cent bodyfat , which somehow women like. The only players with good physiques on the rugger team are Murray, Van der Flye and Henshaw, the rest are bloated oafs. It's all about that Jesus on the cross look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I've a friend that goes to all those weird bodybuilder shows, I just don't get it! like how is looking at greased up disgustingly muscular men entertaining

Maybe he is gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

COVID wrote: »
    The late Australian writer Clive James described Arnold Schwarzenegger as looking like: 'A brown condom full of walnuts’.

...who had a hugely successful acting and political career and made a **** ton of money in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It's fascinating to see how freakishly big some of them get. I think they were more aesthetic in Arnie's era. A lot of bodybuilders have that bubble gut now. The Ronnie Coleman documentary on Netflix is a good watch. He was unbelievably big but he paid the price for it and can barely walk now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's a serious amount of hard work and discipline. Fair play

COVID wrote: »
    The late Australian writer Clive James described Arnold Schwarzenegger as looking like: 'A brown condom full of walnuts’.
    ...who had a hugely successful acting and political career and made a **** ton of money in the process.

Fantastic actor, I'll agree, but no my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I used to work in needle exchanges where we would have individuals coming in in looking for equipment for injecting steroids. You would get guys in who knew exactly what they were doing and were able to explain what they were at in preparing for shows.

Then you'd get the young guys in wanting to be beefed up for their sun holiday in two or three weeks with no understanding of how to inject, rotation of sites , liver function tests getting their kidneys and heart checked.Even hygiene awareness, safe disposal of sharps was an issue.Geordie Shore and Love Island have a lot to answer for.

Oddly enough, I have a relative who's an Irish champion body builder in his category two years running .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

A lot of bodybuilders have that bubble gut now.
    Human growth hormone will do that to you. Allegedly.

Still all the drugs in teh world won't turn a nine stone weakling or a twenty stone fat guy into a bodybuilder. It takes an enormous painful effort on a daily basis, for many years, never mind the science behind it and the gargantuan amount of food they have to consume. The pro cyclists rattle like pill bottles *allegedly* and those caught who won big races and big money were ****, however they still had to get on that bike and turn those peddles for thousands of miles in all weather ignoring the pain and a normal life for years, drugs or not.

Wouldn't be my kinda thing, but bloody hell those guys are to be admired for the level of dedication involved.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Then you'd get the young guys in wanting to be beefed up for their sun holiday in two or three weeks with no understanding of how to inject, rotation of sites , liver function tests getting their kidneys and heart checked.

How can you put a price on your liver, kidneys and heart? ....You never know how much you have in life until these start to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Wibbs wrote: »

Still all the drugs in teh world won't turn a nine stone weakling or a twenty stone fat guy into a bodybuilder. It takes an enormous painful effort on a daily basis, for many years, never mind the science behind it and the gargantuan amount of food they have to consume. The pro cyclists rattle like pill bottles *allegedly* and those caught who won big races and big money were ****, however they still had to get on that bike and turn those peddles for thousands of miles in all weather ignoring the pain and a normal life for years, drugs or not.

Wouldn't be my kinda thing, but bloody hell those guys are to be admired for the level of dedication involved.

You can kind of understand the absolute denial if they are ever asked, or even caught red-handed, they're lying to themselves so much, it doesn't matter if they lie aggressively to somehow keep things going. Also why only the facts can be looked at as every word they say can't be trusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Once we allow steroids we accept our children will never compete at top level without them. Then wd start to accept them then expect them at all levels.

The op tends to turn up on boards every now and again though to ask for muscular men to drop over to his basement. Offering money for massage at times.

For years now.

Why didnt you just lift the weights back then 4 or 5 days a week and eat 5 meals a day. You could look at yourself in the mirror and pull rings around yourself by now if you did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Na. Maybe the older guys like Franco Columbu and Zane looked good. The guys nowadays can't replicate that look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I think the OP is just fishing for some pumped up guy to come over and **** him

I hope he got lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

gypsy79 wrote: »
    I think the OP is just fishing for some pumped up guy to come over and **** him

I hope he got lucky

Nope he just likes to massage them. Its in his posting history and this isnt his first time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Yeah because every bird I ask to massage just stop there!!

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Wibbs wrote: »

Ohh it still takes a hell of a lot of work. Genetics is an important factor too. Nobody has ever won Mr Olympia with bad genetics. It kind of annoys me when someone sees a big guy and says, "thats all steroids." There's so much more to it.

Now synthol injections is a different story altogether and looks totally ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

How would anyone think that looks attractive? That guy is deformed but obviously he thought he looked good up to a pretty advanced point.

Advertisement