Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work form home wardrobe

• 10-10-2020 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys I’ll be starting work from home in the coming weeks and just wondering since I’m going to be on zoom a lot what should I wear as a female in her early twenties on top should it be blazers and that or less formal wear !?

I’ll be working in a large professional services firm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I would wear whatever top you would usually wear under a blazer. I certainly wouldn't be wearing a blazer at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think it depends on your workplace - I work in a similar environment and its very casual - you should be able to scope it out easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I think I would treat it the same as when you're starting a new job. Better to start formal and work your way down once you suss out the culture of the office.
    In saying that though, I don't think blazers would be required. A shirt/blouse would be fine as a place to start I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,378 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I agree go slightly formal at the beginning,nice blouse, and see what everyone else is wearing through zoom. My team would have all been nice tops,hair done,heeled boots in normal work and now even senior management will end up on a zoom call in a jumper.

One thing to remember is to wear something appropriate on the bottom. You never know when the door will ring or you'll spill a tea etc and have to get up. Even black leggings is better than pyjama bottoms which happened on a recent meeting I was involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Last time I was speaking to the partner in my firm he was wearing a hoody :D The work from Home dress code is very relaxed for our accounting firm.

No need to wear a blazer, just a top that isn’t obviously sports wear or a t-shirt. However if you are going to be on a zoom call with a client, a shirt or blouse would be more appropriate.

It may vary depending on the area you are in though, some of the partners in our firm are old school and would be in a full suit regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I work in financial services and have been working from home since March. As soon as I got set up at home I vacuum packed up my work clothes and put them in the attic! So since March I’ve been in casual wear (Jumpers, jeans, casual tops, cardigans etc) the whole time, sometimes nice T-shirt’s on the very warm days. Sometimes hoodies! Most of my video calls are with colleagues and they are the same, whether they are my level or more senior. I find it’s more effective to do my hair and make up to look professional, rather than going make up free and throwing my hair in to a bun (which is my life 90% of the time!). Once I have a bit of make up on and my hair down then I feel like jumpers and tops and cardigans are grand.

Advertisement