Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi amazing Grocery Six

• 09-10-2020 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,326 ✭✭✭✭

Aldi
    14th October 2020
    nb2dEgj.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,326 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It says weekly, but the blurb says two weeks validity
    Good to see staples like rice at half-price

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »
    It says weekly, but the blurb says two weeks validity
    Good to see staples like rice at half-price

I'd say the Lidl App is taking custom away from Aldi and they are just trying to find a way to retain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I doubt that tbh have you seen the offers on the Lidl app ? Not great offers every week it’s mostly junk food and the scratch card prices are ranging from rich tea biscuits to sardines, while I use it the odd time aldi would still be better IMO
    Prices across the board are creeping up and it’s good to see price reductions

100% agreed, only went Lidl with the €5 voucher, and back a few times after that, the rest all for Aldi:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84,910 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Coconut Oil Butt Tissue

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I doubt that tbh have you seen the offers on the Lidl app ? Not great offers every week it’s mostly junk food and the scratch card prices are ranging from rich tea biscuits to sardines, while I use it the odd time aldi would still be better IMO
    Prices across the board are creeping up and it’s good to see price reductions

The Lidl app wont work for everyone but from what Im seeing it is pretty popular. Everytime Im in Lidl now Im seeing people inside the door staring into their phone activating the offers and using it at the tills. There has been a fair bit of junk food but at the same time it does have staples for half price, since it began I havent paid full price for rubbish bags or olive oil. I think its working well for Lidl and Aldi are reacting with this new Grocery Six.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Coconut Oil Butt Tissue

I actually bought this coconut toilet roll few weeks ago not realising that it is scented. Its actually handy in that it gives the bathroom a nice coconut smell. Its very exotic altogether so now Im thinking of covering the bathroom floor with sand from the beach to complete the scene pacman.gif

• Advertisement

Is the Dairyfine chocolate nice?
    It's e4.04/kg, so pretty cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

I really don't like it - the other stuff (choceur I think?) is much nicer, and not much more expensive - plus you can usually get some dairymilk stuff pretty cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those buttons aren’t nice.

Is the Dairyfine chocolate nice? It's e4.04/kg, so pretty cheap
    Got them earlier, it is yuck. :mad:
    They have caramel buttons and white chocolate buttons in the offer too.

Person ahead of me had 12 bags of Rice, even though the terms say it is 'limited to two units per product per customer'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,520 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Person ahead of me had 12 bags of Rice, even though the terms say it is 'limited to two units per product per customer'

Their brown rice used to cook in ~18 minutes but its alot harder now and takes 25-26.
    I've noticed this with Lidls rice too and Tesco .
    Very strange how they all are much harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

The white ones are like milkybar, give them a try..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Whats-App-Image-2020-10-23-at-09-41-07.jpg

A great week for those who like strawberry jam on their porridge

A wee better image
    Seems to be fortnightly offer
    n9smiTk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Tried the garlic puree before, it was horrendously salty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

(Yeah the pictures not great, sent to herself, then said better put on boards and cropped as best I could)

It's funny a lot of people don't know about these offers. I told some woman when I seen her getting toilet roll, also showed her washing up liquid as across from it

Doesn't help when they have tiny signage for the deal

Also confusing that the money comes off at the bottom and not after the item itself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

A wee better image
    Seems to be fortnightly offer

I noticed from the picture posted in the OP and the one on the leaflet online they just took out the "weekly" from the little blurb at the bottom, so looks like the "weekly" was just a mistake in the first print.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

you2008 wrote: »
    100% agreed, only went Lidl with the €5 voucher, and back a few times after that, the rest all for Aldi:D

What is this Lidl €5 voucher you talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It’s over

Was it a coupon or was it for purchasing a certain amount?

Slightly related.

zsigm9mcpvv51.jpg

Where will I get my random junk now? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Slightly related.

zsigm9mcpvv51.jpg

Where will I get my random junk now? :(

I'm fairly sure this just means the middle isle atuff

/\/ollog wrote: »

Yep, which is why I said slightly related. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

Their brown rice used to cook in ~18 minutes but its alot harder now and takes 25-26.
    I've noticed this with Lidls rice too and Tesco .
    Very strange how they all are much harder.

Was doing the same til someone put me onto the microwave rice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Think they just stop advertising the middle isle products but they will still have it instore

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

So can it still be bought??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Maybe the specials are advertised better in some stores but in ours it's on the window at the checkout so I only noticed the items when I was in checkout queue and no way was I going back. And I would have purchased a couple of washing up liquids last week if I'd known.

Aldi.ie have removed leaflet replaced with notice
    https://www.aldi.ie/leaflet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

None instore in my local today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,520 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

/\/ollog wrote: »

Its no harm that these specials have been stopped.
    The amount of people who just come in for these items every Sunday and Thursday and crawl around the store rooting for stuff is ridiculous.
    Most of them only buy a few items.
    Its non essential shopping.

• Advertisement

What a load of rubbish, like they've always sold random stuff in the middle aisles. I saw a picture on Twitter yesterday of some Tesco where the babys clothes section was sealed off yet you could buy all the alcohol you wanted. Its a joke at this stage, the government have lost the run of themselves.

Anyway I got the Cassidys cheese and onion crisps on the current offer. Im not a fan, all these 'gourmet' crisps seem to have a really crunchy texture that are hard to bite, they are pretty much like corn nachos. I much prefer crisps to have the same texture as King or Tayto.

Advertisement