Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farage highlighting illegal migration chaos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Could you post one link, just one that backs up your claim that Farage is racist. Thanks.
    splashuum wrote: »
    It’s dangerous to make that sort of accusation. Pretty sad that the poster will not provide any proof.

Farage's teacher thought he was racist.
    In the late 1970s and early eighties the Ukip leader was a pupil at Dulwich College in south London, one of Britain’s most prestigious schools. Channel 4 News has uncovered strong evidence that teachers at Dulwich thought Nigel Farage was “racist”, and “fascist” or “neo-fascist”.
    The letter continues: “Another colleague, who teaches the boy, described his publicly professed racist and neo-fascist views; and he cited a particular incident in which Farage was so offensive to a boy in his set, that he had to be removed from the lesson. This master stated his view that this behaviour was precisely why the boy should not be made a prefect. Yet another colleague described how, at a Combined Cadet Force (CCF) camp organised by the college, Farage and others had marched through a quiet Sussex village very late at night shouting Hitler-youth songs.”

Fully agree with you here, the morons making this argument haven't 2 brain cells to rub together, they still think Britain owes the world an apology, Douglas Murray spoke well about this before, can't link to it but a YouTube search will get it, basically saying Britain owes the world nothing for what happened historically

Would that be the xenophobic Douglas Murray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

A letter written by a deceased teacher about a 'school friend' who accused Farage of racism - published in a biased publication is not evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,023 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Fully agree with you here, the morons making this argument haven't 2 brain cells to rub together, they still think Britain owes the world an apology, Douglas Murray spoke well about this before, can't link to it but a YouTube search will get it, basically saying Britain owes the world nothing for what happened historically

That's all a bit silly. Unless you mean in the same sense that they claim they don't owe 39bn to the EU i.e. that they'd prefer that it wasn't true and don't want to pay it?

There are countries in the world which are still suffering, directly and indirectly, from the hangovers of colonisation. Whereas the UK still has wealth it amassed from it.

The ironic thing is that the French are still keeping back the non-EU migrants on their side of the "border". There'll be some craic if he gets his fabulous no-deal and then when current arrangements run out the French remove said barriers. I wouldn't see why the French should be spending their citizens' money "protecting" UK borders

A letter written by a deceased teacher about a 'school friend' who accused Farage of racism - published in a biased publication is not evidence.

What was asked for was something to back up the claim. That article backs it up.

Can you provide proof that Channel 4 is a biased publication?

• Advertisement

That's all a bit silly. Unless you mean in the same sense that they claim they don't owe 39bn to the EU i.e. that they'd prefer that it wasn't true and don't want to pay it?

There are countries in the world which are still suffering, directly and indirectly, from the hangovers of colonisation. Whereas the UK still has wealth it amassed from it.

The ironic thing is that the French are still keeping back the non-EU migrants on their side of the "border". There'll be some craic if he gets his fabulous no-deal and then when current arrangements run out the French remove said barriers. I wouldn't see why the French should be spending their citizens' money "protecting" UK borders

Not to mention that a strong advocate supporter for the US war on terror which many view as a stepping stone if not the start leading to much of the immigration from the middle east today was the UK Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

The UK, more so urbanised England has reached a point where illegal immigration doesn't really matter anymore, they might as well all just be allowed in,

A globally omnipresent language that an 8 year old could learn in a week.

A bottomless pit of Southall's, Hounslow's, Luton's, Newham's, Tower Hamlets, Wolverhampton's, Birmingham's and Lancashire mill towns to vanish into.

Completely unregistered housing and employment populace.

Seven decades of laissez-faire open house immigration.

Causing geopolitical chaos riding Uncle Sam's coat tails wrecking Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan and bankrolling the Saudi's wrecking Yemen all in turn creating more waves of migration just for the sake of trying to come across to the dumbed-down-by-Murdoch populace as 'big players on the world stage'.

Claim asylum in France and you're marooned in a strange country with a foreign language and will probably end up on the fringes of Paris or Marseilles surrounded by colonials who don't want you there and have nothing in common with. Why go to all this trouble when the pan-global commons room is but 21 miles away?

They've brought all this on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Imagine being more annoyed about this than the literal boats full of illegal immigrants flooding into the U.K.

well yeah, it's hard to be more annoyed at people trying to seek a better life all be it illegally, then an individual taking a non-essential trip to dover to push an agenda during a pandemic.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

well yeah, it's hard to be more annoyed at people trying to seek a better life all be it illegally, then an individual taking a non-essential trip to dover to push an agenda during a pandemic.

What are they fleeing from in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Would that be the xenophobic Douglas Murray?

Yea thats him

• Advertisement

And in most cases, the problems that happened post colonialism arose from their choices in how they developed themselves. Embracing communism, inviting dodgy corporations in, dictators, ethnic cleansing, corruption, etc.

Colonialism is just a convenient excuse to pass off responsibility for their own mistakes. Quite a few countries successfully moved past colonialism without those problems. At what stage do we stop making excuses by blaming the colonial power? A hundred years? two? Never?

What was asked for was something to back up the claim. That article backs it up.

No it does not. That article is an anecdotal story with no evidence at all. That does not prove to me that Farage is racist.

Imagine I accused you of being racist. Now imagine I went to the press with the accusation and the only evidence I had was a 30 year old story by a former teacher that was based on second hand information by another student. I dont think I really need to explain it any further. The article is a complete fabricated smear job the likes of which Farage has dealt with his entire career.

The problem is, he is right and he is a winner. If people cannot tackle his arguments, they simply try to smear him. Its the age old tactic of the left.
    Can you provide proof that Channel 4 is a biased publication?

C4 were staunchly anti Brexit. It was (and still is) clear for anyone to see...

"Channel 4 News is biased against the Tories, say its own journalists"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1214627/channel-four-left-wing-bias-against-tories-boris-johnson-bbc-labour-jeremy-corbyn

"Channel 4's John Snow in anti Brexit chant at Glastonbury"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/30/boycott-channel-4-news-jon-snows-labour-bias-former-tory-minister/

"Channel 4's coverage 'anti-Brexit'"

https://www.thearticle.com/it-is-time-for-a-parliamentary-enquiry-into-bias-in-the-british-media

"Brexit Party drops out of TV leaders’ debate claiming broadcaster is unfair"

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-drops-out-of-tv-leaders-debate-claiming-broadcaster-is-unfair-1-6395180

"Ex-Speaker John Bercow whose anti-Brexit bias sparked fury across Britain joins list of controversial choices to deliver Channel 4's Alternative Christmas Message"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7759237/Ex-Speaker-John-Bercow-deliver-Channel-4s-Alternative-Christmas-Message.html

And lets not forget their expensive, ****ty pile of stinking propaganda starring Benedict Cumberbatch "Brexit: The Uncivil War"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8425058/

biko wrote: »
    Are you for fully open borders?
    If not then you might just be someone else's xenophobic ****

What does open borders have to do with having a prejudice against people from other countries?

And in most cases, the problems that happened post colonialism arose from their choices in how they developed themselves. Embracing communism, inviting dodgy corporations in, dictators, ethnic cleansing, corruption, etc.

Colonialism is just a convenient excuse to pass off responsibility for their own mistakes. Quite a few countries successfully moved past colonialism without those problems. At what stage do we stop making excuses by blaming the colonial power? A hundred years? two? Never?

Perhaps the people in those countries also have low IQs? Maybe their colonisers were right and doing them a favour in colonising the savages?

Same as how if the UK and US ever finally get pull out of the Middle East and an ensuing power vacuum allows local warlords to completely take over regions, it won't be because the US/UK destroyed normal civil structures, it'll be because the locals are stupid. Most importantly, it'll be the locals own fault!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

This entire thread is four pages too long; the only agenda being pushed is "Farage Inc". by an odious failed MP-wannabe trying to reinvent himself in the eyes of the meeeja an an effort to make himself relevant so he can continue with the trappings of his lifestyle.

Perhaps the people in those countries also have low IQs?

Don't see the point of this line of logic. That kind of rubbish hasn't been popular for a long time.
    Maybe their colonisers were right and doing them a favour in colonising the savages?

Maybe they were. There were benefits to colonialism, and some nations were worse than others. Also if the European powers hadn't done it, there's no guarantee that they wouldn't have been occupied by their neighbors, or a newer colonial power. Countries engage in expansion. Colonialism in some cases limited the use of genocide against weaker culture groups.
    Same as how if the UK and US ever finally get pull out of the Middle East and an ensuing power vacuum allows local warlords to completely take over regions, it won't be because the US/UK destroyed normal civil structures, it'll be because the locals are stupid. Most importantly, it'll be the locals own fault!

You're mixing colonialism with modern meddling. There's a difference. Britain's colonial presence in the M.East essentially ended over 50/60 years ago. And what did those countries do after the British left?

You're wanting me to say that people were stupid, because it makes me sound unreasonable... but the truth is that people make mistakes. Hindsight is a wonderful and convenient tool. But those mistakes do carry responsibility, or they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Perhaps the people in those countries also have low IQs? Maybe their colonisers were right and doing them a favour in colonising the savages?

Going by the way they run their countries at the moment, including countries in africa previously colonised by other European nations it's hard to argue with that logic, the only thing stopping these countries from annihilating each other is international pressure to act like civilised nations and the lure of the cash cow of hand outs to countries rich in natural resources, were still giving billions in aid to india, why would a country with a space program and nuclear weapons need aid, central African nations still getting billions despite 1 party dog eat dog rule and selling everything to china.
    I firmly believe some countries cannot be civilised, no amount of aid and education will get rid of a caste system established a long time before foreign colonisation, or a belief that women are second class citizens, or that a white rhinos horn is a love potion for some rich business men in Hong Kong, these people act worse than animals and no amount of free passports or aid will change them, if it hasn't worked up to now there's little hope for the future, send them home and let them sort out their own countries, the only immigrants allowed entry into westernized countries should have degrees or skills needed to promote healthy safe progressive living, we have enough free loaders and problems of our own without importing them

Perhaps you people agree that some Western powers like US (or even UK, putting "power" in inverted commas) should invade those countries and impose some discipline on those low IQ savages for their own good? Maybe the Western powers could even do them a favour if the country has some pesky natural resources and remove them?

If the Western powers aren't up to the job, maybe China or Russia would do us all a favour and step up to the plate

Is it just de blacks or is it also the likes of the Syrians or Iraqi's who are thick? Well the Syrians just collectively got thick over the last decade. Before then it was a safe country with a highly educated population. Similar to how the Lebanese suddenly got thick a few decades earlier. It must be some kind of recessive thickness gene that switches on suddenly?

Do you not know that the same attitudes were prevalent against the Irish until the 1980's or even later? We had independence for 50-60 years and were still poor. Must have been low IQ given that the Brits were long gone. I mean we ceased to be a de-facto colony in the early 1920's. We should have been world leaders by the 1930's.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

Donald Trump do not post in this thread again.

Going by the way they run their countries at the moment, including countries in africa previously colonised by other European nations it's hard to argue with that logic, the only thing stopping these countries from annihilating each other is international pressure to act like civilised nations and the lure of the cash cow of hand outs to countries rich in natural resources, were still giving billions in aid to india, why would a country with a space program and nuclear weapons need aid, central African nations still getting billions despite 1 party dog eat dog rule and selling everything to china.

Fair enough. Little I would argue against here.
    I firmly believe some countries cannot be civilised, no amount of aid and education will get rid of a caste system established a long time before foreign colonisation, or a belief that women are second class citizens, or that a white rhinos horn is a love potion for some rich business men in Hong Kong, these people act worse than animals and no amount of free passports or aid will change them, if it hasn't worked up to now there's little hope for the future, send them home and let them sort out their own countries, the only immigrants allowed entry into westernized countries should have degrees or skills needed to promote healthy safe progressive living, we have enough free loaders and problems of our own without importing them

civilised.... civilised in what manner? I assume you're holding up western civilisation as the standard to reach... but many western nations often fail to meet such standards, or we dismiss the breaches of behavior as being unimportant.

I would disagree though. All countries can improve upon themselves, and create a greater standard for their people. As for these people being worse than animals, that's far too broad a generalisation. Some people are that way, and they're not the majority in any nation. While I find the caste system in India to be a horrible system, most Indian people are respectful and nice to each other. It's just a different cultural group with customs I wouldn't want to live under. With China, those who are abusive are, again, a minority. China, overall, is very civilised depending on where you are, and the types of people you spend your time with. It's less than 50 years since China has a hardline communist state, and it will take time for that to dissipate, along with the improvements within their society to evolve/establish.

Lastly, typically, Europe has very few problems with Asians. They work hard, and don't cause trouble. They keep to themselves, and allow themselves to be integrated into the local culture. I wouldn't see Asians as freeloaders, because they do seek to establish themselves. That's generally not the case with other national groups, especially when religion is mixed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Can you back up your claim that there's a migrant crisis which is being suppressed?

He isn't a journalist.

farage hosts a radio show on current affairs ,
    he also occasionally has articles published in print media.
    he is a journalist.

You (and your cohort)are so driven by bias you'd deny anything just because somebody you didn't like said it.
    pathetic

Do you not know that the same attitudes were prevalent against the Irish until the 1980's or even later? We had independence for 50-60 years and were still poor. Must have been low IQ given that the Brits were long gone. I mean we ceased to be a de-facto colony in the early 1920's. We should have been world leaders by the 1930's.

Foolish decisions. Engaging in an economic war with our biggest trade partner after independence wasn't exactly sound logic. Same with encouraging socialist economics for a long time, which history has since shown to be rather ineffective.

Responsibility. It's not about IQ or stupidity. It's about making poor decisions. Simple as that. Just as Germany joining the Austrians at WW1 was a poor decision. Just as in Zimbabwe, the dismantling of western built industry/economy in a foolish attempt to push communism was a poor decision. Nothing to do with IQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Cordell

While I find the caste system in India to be a horrible system, most Indian people are respectful and nice to each other. It's just a different cultural group with customs I wouldn't want to live under
    From my limited interaction, they are indeed nice and polite, but not respectful. None of them considers the others equal, going both ways, and that I've seen in highly educated people, corporate environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

GinSoaked wrote: »
    I thought farage was a colour not a person?

Farage and Ball's "immigrant yellow" is this years on trend colour for upcycled 40 foot containers.

Cordell wrote: »
    From my limited interaction, they are indeed nice and polite, but not respectful. None of them considers the others equal, going both ways, and that I've seen in highly educated people, corporate environment.

Same. I visited India twice, and I'd be in no rush to return. I've encountered them through work/social but I find them quite similar to Muslims. Individually the men are fine, but as a group, their behavior/thinking changes completely in ways I find... disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Donald Trump do not post in this thread again
    One sentence I never thought I'd see on boards! :D

No it does not. That article is an anecdotal story with no evidence at all. That does not prove to me that Farage is racist.

Imagine I accused you of being racist. Now imagine I went to the press with the accusation and the only evidence I had was a 30 year old story by a former teacher that was based on second hand information by another student. I dont think I really need to explain it any further. The article is a complete fabricated smear job the likes of which Farage has dealt with his entire career.

The problem is, he is right and he is a winner. If people cannot tackle his arguments, they simply try to smear him. Its the age old tactic of the left.

I've news for you. A letter written by someone with experience of the individual is evidence. It's inconclusive, but it is an informed opinion which you can take or leave. I choose to consider it in the context of everything else I know about the individual having observed them over several years.

I think you'd be better of not trying to explain your view outside of simply saying you like Farage and agree with his policies therefore think he is a fine person. That's your opinion but you have no more definitive fact as to the make up of his character than anyone else. Most people choose to form an opinion based on their actions and behaviours. Farage has used inflammatory imagery and words to more than support the view that he is xenohpobic and I think he is this way because he is a racist.

As for calling him a winner. Are you aware he failed to be elected to Westminster having tried to do so at least 7 times?

C4 were staunchly anti Brexit. It was (and still is) clear for anyone to see...

"Channel 4 News is biased against the Tories, say its own journalists"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1214627/channel-four-left-wing-bias-against-tories-boris-johnson-bbc-labour-jeremy-corbyn

"Channel 4's John Snow in anti Brexit chant at Glastonbury"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/30/boycott-channel-4-news-jon-snows-labour-bias-former-tory-minister/

"Channel 4's coverage 'anti-Brexit'"

https://www.thearticle.com/it-is-time-for-a-parliamentary-enquiry-into-bias-in-the-british-media

"Brexit Party drops out of TV leaders’ debate claiming broadcaster is unfair"

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-party-drops-out-of-tv-leaders-debate-claiming-broadcaster-is-unfair-1-6395180

"Ex-Speaker John Bercow whose anti-Brexit bias sparked fury across Britain joins list of controversial choices to deliver Channel 4's Alternative Christmas Message"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7759237/Ex-Speaker-John-Bercow-deliver-Channel-4s-Alternative-Christmas-Message.html

And lets not forget their expensive, ****ty pile of stinking propaganda starring Benedict Cumberbatch "Brexit: The Uncivil War"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8425058/

So, let me get this straight, you are accusing Channel 4 of being biased, and your evidence to this effect comes from The Daily Mail, The Express, The New European, The Telegraph?

Are you for real?

Farage has used inflammatory imagery and words to more than support the view that he is xenohpobic

Could you provide one example of that please to back it up. JUST ONE EXAMPLE. Thanks.
    So, let me get this straight, you are accusing Channel 4 of being biased, and your evidence to this effect comes from The Daily Mail, The Express, The New European, The Telegraph?

Are you for real?

I was demonstrating that the general consensus is that C4 are biased in favor of remain. It was plainly obvious to myself and everyone else at the time. As I have demonstrated WITH EVIDENCE, even outlets on the same political spectrum as C4 agree with me.
    As for calling him a winner. Are you aware he failed to be elected to Westminster having tried to do so at least 7 times?

He got the Brits out of Europe, that is single single-handedly the most epic win you have ever witnessed. He is a multi, MULTI millionaire businessman and has had a highly successful political career. Comon, your not fooling anyone with your whataboutery. He has survived cancer, helicopter crashes, setbacks, smearing and backstabbing. He is a winner.
    Farage has used inflammatory imagery and words to more than support the view that he is xenohpobic

I cannot stress this enough, can you provide one example of your claim here. If it is true it should not be difficult to find. Giving me third hand information from three decades ago does not constitute evidence.

Could you provide one example of that please to back it up. JUST ONE EXAMPLE. Thanks.
    I cannot stress this enough, can you provide one example of your claim here. If it is true it should not be difficult to find. Giving me third hand information from three decades ago does not constitute evidence.

5049.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&

The rest of your post was just a repeated demonstration of your own subjective views on this.

• Advertisement

5049.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&The rest of your post was just a repeated demonstration of your own subjective views on this.

You stated this:
    Farage has used inflammatory imagery and words to more than support the view that he is xenohpobic and I think he is this way because he is a racist.

Now, back it up with evidence.

Advertisement