Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know More About Your Elves - Red Robin Round

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

jellybear wrote: »
    Any of my Polly Pockets. Endless hours of fun!!

In light of a conversation on one of my guilty pleasure programmes (90 day fiancee!)...do you believe in soulmates??

I guess I have to say the wife, don't I :D

Depends on what you definition of 'soulmate', do I think that two people can be very compatible and live closely together for years in relative harmony, then yes I do believe.

Do you believe in love at first sight??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    I guess I have to say the wife, don't I :D

Depends on what you definition of 'soulmate', do I think that two people can be very compatible and live closely together for years in relative harmony, then yes I do believe.

Do you believe in love at first sight??

I believe in an attraction at first sight, I think love comes later and is much deeper, sometimes it's a connection a shared joke or a common interest that binds love, IMO.

Favourite breakfast to have?

Loughc wrote: »
    I believe in an attraction at first sight, I think love comes later and is much deeper, sometimes it's a connection a shared joke or a common interest that binds love, IMO.

Favourite breakfast to have?

That was the my answer when I was tying the question!

Omelette.

Favourite guilty pleasure? (lets keep it clean folks, this is a family forum :D)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Favourite guilty pleasure? (lets keep it clean folks, this is a family forum :D)
    I absolutely LOVE singing along to things at top volume, even if I don't know all the words. I work from home and sometimes I'll put on a playlist of 80s power ballads and bellow along to them :D

If you had to compete in an Olympic sport for some reason, which one would you go for? (Summer or winter Olympics)

Scarinae wrote: »
    I absolutely LOVE singing along to things at top volume, even if I don't know all the words. I work from home and sometimes I'll put on a playlist of 80s power ballads and bellow along to them :D

If you had to compete in an Olympic sport for some reason, which one would you go for? (Summer or winter Olympics)

Closet shower singer here as well!!

I would love to try the bobsleigh ever since I see Cool Running's :)

If you could meet one famous person who would it be and why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

Martin Luther King, to see his view on the current situation.

What is the order of your Christmas sustenance? As in do you have a pre breakfast selection box or chocolate coins (which is completely normal by the way)

Jude13 wrote: »
    What is the order of your Christmas sustenance? As in do you have a pre breakfast selection box or chocolate coins (which is completely normal by the way)

Not sure if you mean Christmas Day or in general over Christmas!

I'm going to go with Christmas Day..........breakfast is usually something quick as between kids opening presents and getting ready for church (10am) not much time, last year was pancakes with jam. When we get back, some of the guest come with us so will start on the snacks, peanuts, pringles etc. with some craft beers.

Lunch starter are usually brown bread with salmon & melon with Parma ham, break then for a bit to open presents. Main course is traditional, turkey and all the extras. Another break to open more presents, desert is again traditional, mince pies, Christmas pudding, ice cream, whipped cream & pouring cream!

As we mightn't have desert till say 6pm, it usually just crackers and cheese then around 9pm and more mice pies, turkey sandwich is anyone really hungry. Chocolate's from then on.

Beverages is wine through out the day after the beers and then some Baileys and ice in the evening.

If Christmas could be any other time of the year, which would you choose and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

If Christmas could be any other time of the year, which would you choose and why?

Summer! I always think it's a shame for the kids who get bikes and outdoor toys off Santy to not be able to get out and properly enjoy them! Would also be nice to sit outdoors and enjoy our after-dinner drinks al fresco :)

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Summer! I always think it's a shame for the kids who get bikes and outdoor toys off Santy to not be able to get out and properly enjoy them! Would also be nice to sit outdoors and enjoy our after-dinner drinks al fresco :)

Can see the appeal alright. Had one Christmas when I was much younger in Australia, BBQ for Christmas Day, drinking outside in shorts etc. Was very different obviously.

ps..cough.....no question....cough

Can see the appeal alright. Had one Christmas when I was much younger in Australia, BBQ for Christmas Day, drinking outside in shorts etc. Was very different obviously.

ps..cough.....no question....cough

Whoops! :o

If you could celebrate Christmas anywhere in the world (apart from at home), where would you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,128 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Whoops! :o

If you could celebrate Christmas anywhere in the world (apart from at home), where would you go?

I think I'd like to do somewhere to see the Nothern Lights (Maybe Lapland)
    I'd like to go to New York for the New Year tough.

What was your biggest Christmas disaster?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I think I'd like to do somewhere to see the Nothern Lights (Maybe Lapland)
    I'd like to go to New York for the New Year tough.

What was your biggest Christmas disaster?

The only time we’ve hosted Christmas dinner our guests showed up late and extremely hungover.

They weren’t up for anything post dinner.

Did you ever think you heard Santa on Christmas morning?

The only time we’ve hosted Christmas dinner our guests showed up late and extremely hungover.

They weren’t up for anything post dinner.

Did you ever think you heard Santa on Christmas morning?

That is scandalous - I'd have been fit to be tied! :(

No, but my mam used to tell us fantastic stories about her seeing Santa as a kid, you know the type where you can actually imagine being in the room with her and seeing him yourself! They were my favourite stories as kids!

And on that note, favourite Christmas Story/Book?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭DvB

That is scandalous - I'd have been fit to be tied! :(

No, but my mam used to tell us fantastic stories about her seeing Santa as a kid, you know the type where you can actually imagine being in the room with her and seeing him yourself! They were my favourite stories as kids!

And on that note, favourite Christmas Story/Book?

The night before Christmas. Got a card version of it for the kids a couple of years ago and make a point of reading it every year on Christmas eve for them.

How soon is too soon to have a tipple of the alcoholic variety on Christmas day?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    How soon is too soon to have a tipple of the alcoholic variety on Christmas day?

Not sure I'd be putting beer on my cornflakes so usually with first craft beer around 11am when back from church.

What's the longest (in days) that you have eaten some of your Christmas Day turkey after the big day?

Not sure I'd be putting beer on my cornflakes so usually with first craft beer around 11am when back from church.

What's the longest (in days) that you have eaten some of your Christmas Day turkey after the big day?

Ewwww.... who has cornflakes on Christmas morning? :P

I’ve had turkey previously on the 25th, 26th and 27th. By the 27th you’d want to never see turkey again.

One Christmas tv ad and one Christmas song you want stricken from history.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭Jude13

The barry's tea ad and the cover(s) of do they know it's Christmas (even worse than Christmas shoes).

Mistletoe over the threshold or not? (tis a thing in our house, real mistletoe is tough to get though)

Jude13 wrote: »
    The barry's tea ad and the cover(s) of do they know it's Christmas (even worse than Christmas shoes).

Mistletoe over the threshold or not? (tis a thing in our house, real mistletoe is tough to get though)

No mistletoe in Chez Loughc.

Mince Pies or Yule Logs if you had to pick one?

Mince pies all the way.

Stollen or Christmas cake?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Yule logs! I'm a chocolate person.

Chistmas dinner in my parents house has become a crazy potato feast. Along with veggies, turkey, and ham, they have roasties, potato croquettes, baby potatoes, mash, and potato stuffing (never bread stuffing in that house).
    How many kinds of potatoes is served in your house for Christmas dinner?

• Advertisement

Mince pies all the way.

Stollen or Christmas cake?

Can neither be an option?? :eek:
    Eskie wrote: »
    Yule logs! I'm a chocolate person.

Chistmas dinner in my parents house has become a crazy potato feast. Along with veggies, turkey, and ham, they have roasties, potato croquettes, baby potatoes, mash, and potato stuffing (never bread stuffing in that house).
    How many kinds of potatoes is served in your house for Christmas dinner?

Mash and Roasties.

PJs on Christmas morning Yay or Nay?

PJs on Christmas morning Yay or Nay?

Have matches ones that all 5 of us worn to bed Christmas Eve so Yay for us.

Have you ever swam in the sea on Christmas Day??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Have matches ones that all 5 of us worn to bed Christmas Eve so Yay for us.

Have you ever swam in the sea on Christmas Day??

Never as I don't live near the coast. My cousins in West Cork do it every year and I'm always mad jealous.

What's the last TV show that you thought was going to be utter sh1te but ended up being deadly instead?

mud wrote: »

What's the last TV show that you thought was going to be utter sh1te but ended up being deadly instead?

After Life.

FAvourite (non christmas) TV advert?

FAvourite (non christmas) TV advert?

No idea why but I really like this ad!

Favourite TV program when you were a kid?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I LOVE that ad. :D

No idea why but I really like this ad!

Favourite TV program when you were a kid?

I suppose they're not really tv programmes but I did love the Den, and the Disney Club at the weekend.

Do you decorate for Halloween?

Eskie wrote: »
    Do you decorate for Halloween?

We sure do. They are coming out of the attic this weekend and will probably go up next week some time.

Whats the scariest movies you've ever watched?

We sure do. They are coming out of the attic this weekend and will probably go up next week some time.

Whats the scariest movies you've ever watched?

Prince of darkness

Whats your favourite Stephen King novel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Different Seasons - a book made of 4 novellas:

Rita Hayworth And The Shawshank Redemption
    Apt Pupil
    The Body
    The Breathing Method

What the most expensive decoration you've ever bought?

Advertisement