Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current affairs in Sweden

Comments

I'm offensive, and find that content religious. Another case of state overreach. Let him carry on as he pleases, and be subject to ridicule. No freedoms are impinged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Sweden be Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

It seems the Swedish authorities have little to be occupying their time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Swedish guy wants to change his reg plate to show support for American idiot. They should actually just take the car off him.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Swedish guy wants to change his reg plate to show support for American idiot. They should actually just take the car off him.

I read that as;
    They should actually just take care of him.

and read it in a mafia boss 'take care of him' type way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Sweden; home to gorgeous passive aggressive ethnomasochists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sweden? What's a Sweden? Oh. You mean Swedenstan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭omega man

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Sweden? What's a Sweden? Oh. You mean Swedenstan?

Yet another person who’s clearly never been to Sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Not a trumpet but this is a bit much.

Bet 4llAH 4KBAR is just fine and dandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Likely a message to Trump. Might even be a set up.
    Trump has a thing for Sweden, an odd thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, it's offensive a Swedish Authority would be so deep state it will prevent such a thing.

This was for a large black American SUV with a V8 engine - the epitome of Americanism

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Triggered much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

greencap wrote: »
    Not a trumpet but this is a bit much.

Bet 4llAH 4KBAR is just fine and dandy.

Muzzlims, wha?
    Triggered much

'Triggered' is a word used to try shut down opinions. You can only disagree or be annoyed at certain things it seems. For example, you felt the need to shut him down because you didn't like what he said so you use 'triggered' to make him seem like he's over reacting. Seems like he 'triggered' you into action ;)

latest?cb=20190503213157

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Maybe he's the top trumps champion of Sweden.

🙈🙉🙊

Triggered much

Lol

This is what I get for clearing my ignore list this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Are you allowed to have other political labels on car reg plates ? Doesn't seem like a big deal to be honest.
    Therefore, signs that are deemed inappropriate are rejected, for example if they contain political messages or offensive words, says communicator Sofie Andersson at the Swedish Transport Agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Muzzlims, wha?

'Triggered' is a word used to try shut down opinions. You can only disagree or be annoyed at certain things it seems. For example, you felt the need to shut him down because you didn't like what he said so you use 'triggered' to make him seem like he's over reacting. Seems like he 'triggered' you into action ;)

latest?cb=20190503213157

Yeah, that ol' shutting down opinions game ... wha?

greencap wrote: »
    Yeah, that ol' shutting down opinions game ... wha?

What opinion did he shut down?

All I saw was a question without a question mark. Leading me to believe its a rhetorical question. Can you shut down a rhetorical question?

Can you shut down a rhetorical question?

If you seal it off at both ends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

They are doing the community a grave disservice by not allowing this.

If he was allowed, it would make it much easier for the community to identify the village idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Should have went with 4ADKAR instead, much less offensive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,102 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sumper Trumper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

omega man wrote: »
    Yet another person who’s clearly never been to Sweden.

I have, and in the city I stayed in white Europeans were very much in the minority.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭interactive

Chain of fast food shops over here called MAO, even have images of him in their establishments, the son of a bitch is responsible for millions of deaths and unimaginable suffering, the PC SJW folk have zero problem with this, now thats a strange one.
    I wonder why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Went to Sweden on holidays.

Beautiful country, lovely people.

What the hell is this thread about. People who live their lives through social media and online forums.

Losers!

I have, and in the city I stayed in white Europeans were very much in the minority.

Get the violins out for this poor chap, he's had a rough experience.....

If we can keep the racism out of this thread, it may be the first to move from CA to AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's so, so unbelievably depressing how the left, which used to embrace cultural libertarianism as a fundamental core value, has become so unbelievably, gleefully supportive of ubiquitous political and ideological censorship over the last six or seven years. Truly depressing.

It's so, so unbelievably depressing how the left, which used to embrace cultural libertarianism as a fundamental core value, has become so unbelievably, gleefully supportive of ubiquitous political and ideological censorship over the last six or seven years. Truly depressing.

Whatevs.

You sound like a fairly tolerant chap yourself......great that you can lead by example.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    Whatevs.

You sound like a fairly tolerant chap yourself......great that you can lead by example.:rolleyes:

Honestly not sure what you're trying to say here :D Care to elaborate? I'd absolutely call myself a tolerant chap, I'm a lifelong leftist of the 1990s / 2000s variety, before cultural libertarianism bizarrely switched from being a left wing to a right wing cause.

Advertisement