Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 'women aren't funny' myth

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Of course it's nonsense - I laugh at women all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ms Pat is funny as f**k in general. Aint seen her stand up tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Everytime I see a woman comedian now I immediately assume she is a token

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This woman is funny - Shappi Khorsandi her name is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgTZ0VY0dYk

(strangely she another Iranian origin comedian)
    As for the women aren't funny myth:
    I think it is because there are less women comedians then men?
    Also a lot of women comedians fall into the trap of just discussing 'women issues'/ women's 'body image' which men do not relate to.
    It just ends up sounding whiny and there are very little generalised stories that everyone can relate to.
    I find lots of female comedians funny....she is not one of them.
    There is also a rumour involving her.

She is managed by OTK.
    One of their tricks for promoting their lower clients is to offer a package deal - so you basically only get a big name if you take a bunch of others.

Its known as the 'Shappi Clause' and is named after its major beneficiary.

Advertisement