Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half-baked Republican Presidential Fruitcakes (and fellow confections)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭AhSureTisGrand

Yiz are all commie bastards, sure

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Yiz are all commie bastards
    Ah, but that's what they want you to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Genesis3:19b " for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return."

That sounds pretty close to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Bachmann winning the nomination is the best thing that could happen for the democrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I still don't see any of the current candidates beating Obama. Somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

From @Georgelazenby on twitter:
    In eight years the Republican front-runner will be a vivid red powder we pour out on the kitchen counter and then snort to feel hate again.

What'll be the Democrat candidate? A vending machine?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

From @Georgelazenby on twitter:
    The George Lazenby? From the best Bond movie ever?

Dades wrote: »
    The George Lazenby? From the best Bond movie ever?

No-one seems to know for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

krudler wrote: »
    I bet every comedian in America secretly hopes she's elected just for the sheer amount of material she'd provide over 4 years, Bush was a comedy goldmine during his tenure.

Nobody is laughing now though. He left a seriously f*cked up situation in his wake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

amacachi wrote: »
    What'll be the Democrat candidate? A vending machine?

Don't get it.

fontanalis wrote: »
    Don't get it.

Yeah it wasn't a great one, but I've come up with a better quip: What's the next Democrat candidate gonna be? A fleshlight?

Though I think it may have been too slow to count as a quip.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Yeah it wasn't a great one, but I've come up with a better quip: What's the next Democrat candidate gonna be? A fleshlight?

Though I think it may have been too slow to count as a quip.

More like a slowp, amiright :pac:?
    :D?
    :)?
    :o?
    :( I'll get my coat.

Palin visits Iowa and is so blown away, she releases a passion video:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

robindch wrote: »
    Palin visits Iowa and is so blown away, she releases a passion video:

At least she's speaking a bit more coherently in that video. Gotta be honest that video show's very succinctly everything that is wrong with modern day politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

They keep using bears in political propaganda videos :pac:

I love it how for Republicans spending $1,000,000 on anything is seen as too much. Yet the idea of adding extra taxes to the top earners worth 700,000 times that is seen as too little to making a dent in the public finances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

CiaranMT wrote: »

That's nothing.

[Santorum] :Every society in the history of man has upheld the institution of marriage as a bond between a man and a woman. Why? Because society is based on one thing: that society is based on the future of the society. And that's what? Children. Monogamous relationships. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That's not to pick on homosexuality. It's not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing. And when you destroy that you have a dramatic impact on the quality —

AP: I'm sorry, I didn't think I was going to talk about "man on dog" with a United States senator, it's sort of freaking me out.

SANTORUM: And that's sort of where we are in today's world, unfortunately. The idea is that the state doesn't have rights to limit individuals' wants and passions. I disagree with that. I think we absolutely have rights because there are consequences to letting people live out whatever wants or passions they desire. And we're seeing it in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

• Advertisement

Off-topic, but some of the richest French citizens have offered to pay more tax too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14646975

Phoenix magazine on the race:

171943.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bachmann reckons the earthquke and the hurricane were messages from God to Washington about Government spending:
    http://thinkprogress.org/green/2011/08/29/306436/bachamnn-hurricane-message-god/
    Why he can't just come out and say it like a real normal person...

Nobel-winning economist Paul Krugman weighs in.
    So it’s now highly likely that the presidential candidate of one of our two major political parties will either be a man who believes what he wants to believe, even in the teeth of scientific evidence, or a man who pretends to believe whatever he thinks the party’s base wants him to believe.

Which two are those?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The Texan and the Mormon?

Which two are those?

Rick Perry and Mitt Romney.

(Should have read the quote more carefully:o)

Molly Ivins comes back from beyond the grave to diss Governor Goodhair:

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/08/13/3834794/molly-cant-say-that-about-rick.html

I really hope Bachmann wins the primary, it would be hilarious to see her being destroyed by Obama in debates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Edz87 wrote: »
    I really hope Bachmann wins the primary, it would be hilarious to see her being destroyed by Obama in debates.

Hilarious... or terrifying when huge numbers of Republicans still gormlessly vote for her anyway?

FWIW, I don't think she'd stand a hope of winning as she's far too wacky for moderate Republicans, but the idea that someone like her would be one option of two for the role of the most powerful person on the planet.... Scary stuff.

Advertisement