Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

The only plus side is they are crying out for more officers, they’re so understaffed as is, I’d say the 600 odd theyre looking with this campaign will be safe enough but I’d say there won’t be another recruitment campaign for a good few years

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Haven't been on the boards in a while. I'm in fast track group 1, just have medical left to do and nothing else. Medical is very soon.

Even I'm gutted by the delay for results as I want to know where I am on the merit list and how long it will be before I'm called for Garnerville etc if I pass the medical.

It's been a long and stressful year not only with the application process but also with my current job as I work in healthcare and it's been absolutely nuts with covid and now coming up to the annual christmas rush.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I'll be to leave this job if I pass medical. On the bright side, I'll be getting the covid vaccine within the next 2 weeks due to being frontline staff and should be immune before I start Garnerville lol. Not even covid can stop me then!

To the people I met at PCA, you all seemed like great people and I can't wait to work with you all granted we pass the remaining stages.

Also, to anyone still doing AC's, good luck. They're daunting but if you do your research you will be fine.

Loooking forward to the last stage now and hopefully passing it so that the process can finally come to an end after waiting since the 1710 campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Haven't been on the boards in a while. I'm in fast track group 1, just have medical left to do and nothing else. Medical is very soon.

Even I'm gutted by the delay for results as I want to know where I am on the merit list and how long it will be before I'm called for Garnerville etc if I pass the medical.

It's been a long and stressful year not only with the application process but also with my current job as I work in healthcare and it's been absolutely nuts with covid and now coming up to the annual christmas rush.

I can't even begin to explain how happy I'll be to leave this job if I pass medical. On the bright side, I'll be getting the covid vaccine within the next 2 weeks due to being frontline staff and should be immune before I start Garnerville lol. Not even covid can stop me then!

To the people I met at PCA, you all seemed like great people and I can't wait to work with you all granted we pass the remaining stages.

Also, to anyone still doing AC's, good luck. They're daunting but if you do your research you will be fine.

Loooking forward to the last stage now and hopefully passing it so that the process can finally come to an end after waiting since the 1710 campaign!

Good to hear from you, Hopeful! I'm in the same boat as you re the medical. Same, too, in that I cannot bear my current job. Just hoping I can get through the medical first time without any delays so that I can be done with this process and look towards the future with a bit more optimism.

And I'm one of the lucky ones. I can't imagine how frustrating this must be for those who still have no idea of their AC results, and who have yet to go through the rest of the stages and all that they entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Gonzo94 wrote: »
    Can't see there being another recruitment any time soon if I'm honest. I can see their budget being slashed post March and who knows if that will have any knock on effects for the current campaigns.

I proper feel sorry for all of you in the 2020 campaign waiting on those AC results. Nothing short of shambolic imo. Those of us who are still left in the 2018 campaign feel your pain. We've been hit with setback after setback due to covid etc. We don't even know when our next intake will be. So god knows when you guys will get in.

Talk in GV is that the next intake is early February.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

SMS19 wrote: »

I've heard twice now that the next intake is probably going to be March. That came from people currently in training at GV. I don't know what to believe now lol. Proper frustrating haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

SMS19 wrote: »
    I asked a trainer today its definitely March. No back ups if we get back squadded...

Tashbash wrote: »
    No back ups if we get back squadded...

Now, could you translate that into civilian please? Lol

MrChew wrote: »
    Now, could you translate that into civilian please? Lol
    Haha Ill try.

Basically if you can't continue with the course you are in say you fail an exam or practical and they want you to redo the learning or you are sick, need time off. They will put you in the squad who are behind you and you will redo the course from the point where they were at.
    So if theres no squads behind you for you to join then you will have to wait until there is one, which is now March. Its paid time off as far as I know but you want to get GV over with asap.

Tbh I'm starting to lose motivation with it all now. It would be helpful to have some sort of official update from recruitment about February. It was only a few weeks ago we were told that February should be going ahead lol. If college staff are saying that March is the next intake then surely the recruitment team should also know this? I emailed recruitment the other day asking about possible dates that Feb calls might go out and they replied saying they hope to be issuing offers for Feb in the next number of weeks. One department says one thing and another says something else. So so frustrating.

Cheers Tash and SMS for leting us know what the craic is. We really do appreciate it so thank you and all the best with GV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SausageDog33

So how many people from FT group 1 have had vetting results back? I'm still waiting on vetting and medical date....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

So how many people from FT group 1 have had vetting results back? I'm still waiting on vetting and medical date....

Well bro - I’m just waiting on vetting but have been given my medical date.. I would say you will get yours soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

Just waiting on vetting and a medical date here too!

I've my vetting back and have my medical date in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

For the medical forms to we put down every single detail? For instance on history of back pain I hurt my back a bit in 2012 playing rugby, should I put that down?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 YamDiv6N

Paulo345 wrote: »
    For the medical forms to we put down every single detail? For instance on history of back pain I hurt my back a bit in 2012 playing rugby, should I put that down?

My Dr advised me it would be best to. I had a similar incident in 2013 with a fall skiing. Hasn't bothered me since but it was treated at the time so would be on record somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 felix1305

hey guys!

recently seen this thread and thought I'd sign up!

Well done to all the FT'ers!

I recently did mine and not feeling majorly confident about it, especially one of the role plays. But read posts from people with the same thoughts that end up passing, so who knows I guess!

If all fails with this campaign, what are your thoughts on when is the next recruitment drive?

This one has been such a drag, so I could assume another could be on the horizon surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Good luck Felix, I feel the same as yourself. Doesnt help when you hear about all the cheaters through the process either but at least like most if I get through I can say I done it on my own merit.

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Good luck Felix, I feel the same as yourself. Doesnt help when you hear about all the cheaters through the process either but at least like most if I get through I can say I done it on my own merit.
    Oh? What do you mean about this?

I'm curious myself lol. Are you talking about the online tests?

I know of people who had friends sit beside them during online assessments and then with regards the a/c, finding out what the role plays are going to be. I do know that supposedly not everyone will have the role plays but knowing what what each possible scenario is and preparing for all in anticipation is an unfair advantage in my eyes. Alot of us spent time doing our research, paying for tuition etc to give ourselves every opportunity for others to cheat their way through. Suppose its always going to happen, same happened when I applied for the fire service, I made it into the top 180 applications but not enough positions became available. Had I of known the interview questions, I would have finished higher like some but I suppose that's life lol

• Advertisement

You'll get that in every job or competition unfortunately. It sucks but it says a lot about those people. I had similar experience with the fire service. I knew guys who got their firefighter family members to do their online tests or pay other people to do their maths online test. It's proper depressing.

I hope you get in with this competition.

Thanks gonzo, hopefully it works out for you aswell. Hopefully get through this and move onto the next phase. When you take that 1052 odd people pass this stage, the odds are better than the online assessments. I think the waiting and not knowing is getting to me more than anything 😂😂 stressful day at work, all off my chest now 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Thanks gonzo, hopefully it works out for you aswell. Hopefully get through this and move onto the next phase. When you take that 1052 odd people pass this stage, the odds are better than the online assessments. I think the waiting and not knowing is getting to me more than anything 😂😂 stressful day at work, all off my chest now 😂

Hey Si_zx10r and Felix1305. I feel for you. I am in the same boat, as are many others i guess. The frustration at this time is huge and another 8 weeks' wait is just too much but if at least we knew if we have passed or not - that would be the greatest Christmas presie. Just think of the coming holidays. As long as we have done our research and did our best, that's what should keep us motivated xx:):rolleyes:;)

Hopefully it's good news for most us at least, would miss this forum if I don't get through lol its deffo helped keep the motivation going knowing many are in the same boat. Just over 7 weeks left now until results and with things opening up again and a vaccine approved, we should know no later than the 29th January 2021. Full year in the process, would be rubbish to get bad news lol

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I’ve been waiting on results from 30th July. I thought waiting until December was going to be stressful and a long wait but now that it’s changed until 29th January and fast track groups have been placed I am not looking hopeful and have the dreaded feeling of the dear John email.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

I’ve been waiting on results from 30th July. I thought waiting until December was going to be stressful and a long wait but now that it’s changed until 29th January and fast track groups have been placed I am not looking hopeful and have the dreaded feeling of the dear John email.

Jeepers, Boneyard2002! From July! I feel your pain, that's 2 more months than me, i've been waiting since the end of September. Have a little faith. I am also quite dreading a failing result, but at the same time, i also have hopes. Let's wait and see in positive spirits ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

done mine last week, i feel for people waiting way longer than me, a long 3 weeks ahead
    i wonder if anymore fast track groups will be compiled after the new sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 8 felix1305

Thank you Si_zx10r and mariyapsni! I hope we get the results we are after!

What's gutted me the most is that I was meant to attend an AC class, but the further restrictions pushed that back, whilst Deloitte didnt adjust anything and carried on through the restrictions. So ultimately couldn't attend my class before going and felt hugely disadvantaged.

Studied as much as I could, but hope it's enough, maybe not.

This year has been a drag. Cant wait for it to end and things to return to normal 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Got an email to say I’ve successfully completed the vetting process today! Just over 7 weeks from it being submitted. Just the medical to go but I haven’t received a date for it yet, I can’t see it being this side of Christmas now.

• Advertisement

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Got an email to say I’ve successfully completed the vetting process today! Just over 7 weeks from it being submitted. Just the medical to go but I haven’t received a date for it yet, I can’t see it being this side of Christmas now.

Nice one chum, one last step to go!

Advertisement