Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making friends

• 17-09-2015 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey, I've been living in portlaoise nearly 8 years and just find it impossible to meet knew people. I'm a 28 year old mum of 3 children, two are school going and the other is only 5 months. While my husband is in work some adult company would be nice once in a while. Would love to meet some genuine people who are interested in making friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 shellyheffo

Hi Mum student.

I know this is a few months old but did you have any luck meeting any friends? Im living down in portlaoise about 7 years now and havent had much luck either apart from one of my neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mum student

Hi Mum student.

I know this is a few months old but did you have any luck meeting any friends? Im living down in portlaoise about 7 years now and havent had much luck either apart from one of my neighbours.

Hi, I've only seen your message. Not really, I'm in the same situation as you only knowing one of my neighbours

Hi, I've only seen your message. Not really, I'm in the same situation as you only knowing one of my neighbours

Where are you living? Im in portlaoise.

Where are you living? Im in portlaoise.

I'm in portlaoise too. In Eskerhills

I'm in portlaoise too. In Eskerhills

Im living on the Stradbally Road in Ashewood Walk.

• Advertisement

Im living on the Stradbally Road in Ashewood Walk.
    Have you any children or do you do you work?

Have you any children or do you do you work?

I've sent you a private msg

I've sent you a private msg

I sent you a pm back, not sure if you got it though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As someone here a year myself it seems to be really more a commuter town than anything else. Most people are away all day if the motorway traffic is any indication and even in my own apartment block I'd know no-one except to say a passing hello which is rare enough at that.

I haven't been out once down here since I moved for example, but then I spend most of the day in Dublin too (thus proving my own point) :)

Advertisement