Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Recently repurchased Bare Minerals foundation about 2 years after my first one ran out - don't know how I went so long without it! I originally bought it as the starter set (although the lovely kabuki brush that came with it has since fallen down a toilet, and they don't do them anymore :( ) It's fantastic - perfect for summer, and so quick to apply in the mornings. Wouldn't say it's great if you need a lot of coverage, but I use it to even out my skin tone a bit and it's perfect. I can build it up a little for night time too and it doesn't look cakey. It lasts pretty well during the day too.

bareMinerals-make-up-006.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Picked up two No7 eyeshadows today that I've been wanting for a few weeks.

Got them for about €2 each as I had some of those No7 €6.50 vouchers and I get student discount too :)

Got the shadows in Khaki and Mink, can't wait to use them :)

http://www.makeupbyjoyce.com/2012/02/swatches-review-boots-no7-stay-perfect.html

Am still waiting on my stuff from iHerb, hope it comes soon, I'm dying to try the new brushes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Picked up two No7 eyeshadows today that I've been wanting for a few weeks.

Got them for about €2 each as I had some of those No7 €6.50 vouchers and I get student discount too :)

Got the shadows in Khaki and Mink, can't wait to use them :)

http://www.makeupbyjoyce.com/2012/02/swatches-review-boots-no7-stay-perfect.html

Am still waiting on my stuff from iHerb, hope it comes soon, I'm dying to try the new brushes out!

I have mink it's lovely! I used my vouchers to get another Airbush Away primer and their blusher in Soft Damson which is beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Pythia wrote: »
    I bought a Clarisonic Plus in the US a few weeks ago.

Still getting used to having it in my routine but I do like it. However, the body brush function has never worked properly so unfortunately it is being replaced. Luckily the face function still works so I can use that.

My skin definitely feels softer but I'm not sure if it looks amazingly better yet.

So my Clarisonic arrived back 2 weeks after I sent it with a new charger. It's still not working so has to go back again to be fully replaced. Will probably take another week or two... I actually quite like it but I would love to just settle down and be able to use it normally!

Finally got my stuff from iHerb, can't wait to use the brushes tomorrow, so excited :D

Are No7 lipsticks/lip glosses any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Clarins_Pure_Melt_Cleansing_Gel_125ml.jpg

Clarins Cleansing Melt Gel. I love facial cleansers, especially gel/balm types. This one is pretty nice. It removes make up well, including water proof mascara without having to scrub at the skin or pull at the eyes. I don't think it's worth the price tag though. It was around the €22 mark, but I found the Botanics Cleansing Balm which I used previously to be just as good. It lasted longer too. Not sure what I'll try next! I am always searching for the perfect cleanser.

rimmel-scandaleyes-shadow-stick-bad-bronze%7CQ296P_SP401_11_3AF6D.jpg

Rimmel Scandal Eyes eye-shadow stick. I picked this up by accident when I was attempting to buy the eye-liner. I do actually like this a lot though! I use it on days where I'm feeling too lazy to do any major make up, layered over a Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo eye-shadow. It blends nicely, though I do get a little crease after a number of hours wear. Nothing terrible though. Worth the price, I'd say and it's a nice addition to my make up bag because during the week I do tend to be rushing when it comes to getting ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I was in Rome last week, and went a bit mental in Kiko and Sephora.

seph4_zps1ea9c40f.jpg

First up is Kiko's false lash concentrate. It's a primer for under mascara, and is meant to give a false lash effect. It cost me something like €4. This stuff really, really works. I wore it under my benefit 'They're real' mascara last week, and my eyelashes looked so long and voluminous.

seph2_zps0f16ec2b.jpg

Next,was this eyebrow set from Sephora. It's very similar to the smashbox eyebrow pallette, but it comes with two colours and wax to set. It also comes with brushes which are of excellent quality, and are nice and stiff for shading in eyebrows.

seph3_zpsb339248e.jpg

I also picked up benefits Hervana which I think is lovely. It gives a very pretty and natural blush, with no shimmery bits.

seph6_zpsa42863fd.jpg

When I initally used this primer I thought it was great, as it felt really smooth on my skin, and not as greasy as my smashbox photofinish. However, I put it on last night and I felt it accentuated my acne scarring a good bit. Jury is still out on this one for the moment.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I miss KIKO :( I desperately want to pick up several Matt Fluids and retractable eyeliners next time I'm near a store

• Registered Users Posts: 27 marsbars11

Toast4523 - You should try the bb lips, i got the colour "blink pink" with my €6.50 off voucher, and ended up paying only around €4, and its gorgeous.

marsbars11 wrote: »
    Toast4523 - You should try the bb lips, i got the colour "blink pink" with my €6.50 off voucher, and ended up paying only around €4, and its gorgeous.

Thanks so much going to have a look at those next time I'm in Boots.

I did pick up a No7 lipstick in the colour 'Cameo' and to be honest my lips don't look any different when I'm wearing it. I mean, I'm not looking for bright pink lips, but even a hint of colour would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Picked up a few things in boots and superdrug recently.
    It was 3 for 3 on revlon in boots so I got these:

Nearly Naked Foundation
    http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg521/essiebutton/revlon_nearly_naked_1_zpsfd9ba995.jpg

Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen
    https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkGRyBbNQ2DJ4nZdNo6OL-Kb3nPu-hkQ9NBWnwRYZvDNWNNRAL

Revlon Colourstay 16 Hour Eyeshadow Quad in Addictive
    https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsG_Om7unPcPGHyLj8rZZ0YrgjklwtzSOIlDK_psi-xrkoLMUvmw

Very impressed with all 3 I must say!

Then in superdrug I picked up:

Aussi Miracle Moist Shampoo (long time favourite!)

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle for Coloured Hair
    http://www.aussiehair.com/country/uk/images/packshots/large-3-minute-miracle-colour-deep-treatment.jpg

Aussie were buy 2 for 8.50 btw!

I think the following 4 are their own brand ..

The I Love ... Raspberry and Blackberry Shower Gel (Exfoliater)
    http://www.superdrug.com/content/ebiz/superdrug/invt/216081/216081_m.jpg

The I Love ... Mango and Papaya Shower Gel

I Love ... Raspberry and Blackberry Lip Balm
    http://www.superdrug.com/content/ebiz/superdrug/invt/216084/216084_l.jpg

Mild Therapy Aloe Vera Mud Mask
    http://www.superdrug.com/content/ebiz/superdrug/invt/341088/341088_m.jpg

I must say, I'm very very impressed with everything I bought. Have tried and already love them all. The superdrug own brand are really good quality. I think I'm going to start shopping there instead of boots for their better value all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

Where is superdrug?

Where is superdrug?

There's one in Limerick, but apart from that I've only seen then in Northern Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

There's one in The Square in Tallaght and Omni Shopping centre in Santry too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I got the new benefit "they're real" masacara sample with Elle, not sure if I like it but I'm happy I get to try it for less than €6!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I got that sample too, and have been through two full size tubes. I'm not sure the quality is up there with the full sizes :( I'm so broke I was hoping to get away with the sample for a few weeks :p It just seems... very wet! I'll keep using it anyway and see if it gets better. I do love the mascara in general though, will have to see next pay day if I'll be able to pick it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I got the new benefit "they're real" masacara sample with Elle, not sure if I like it but I'm happy I get to try it for less than €6!!!

I got the They're Real mascara a few weeks ago, falling for the hype. And I hated it :( I especially hated the brush and the way it clumps. I'm glad that it was the travel size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I was given a gift of MAC's Opulash; I'll be using it after my Bad Gal Lash runs out. Anyone know if it's any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Twee. wrote: »
    It just seems... very wet!

Yes, that's it!! It's very wet. I love wetter mascaras but I think They're Real is too wet.

I do just think they've done dud freebies, I can't remember having this problem with the others ones I bought! I might go back to Dior when I'm buying full size next, don't wanna waste money :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

bscm wrote: »
    I miss KIKO :( I desperately want to pick up several Matt Fluids and retractable eyeliners next time I'm near a store

I just got a delivery from KIKO's website
    I used my parcelmotel address in Belfast and it was here in just over a week (from 30/04 to 08/04 including bank holiday and coming down from Belfast last night)

I got 18 nail polishes :-/
    But it is possible to get it - you do have to spend £25 minimum though :rolleyes:

I got a few things from them in Florence. Good quality for the price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

I just got a delivery from KIKO's website
    I used my parcelmotel address in Belfast and it was here in just over a week (from 30/04 to 08/04 including bank holiday and coming down from Belfast last night)

I got 18 nail polishes :-/
    But it is possible to get it - you do have to spend £25 minimum though :rolleyes:

How do you find Parcel Motel? I set up an account but am still a little weary of using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    How do you find Parcel Motel? I set up an account but am still a little weary of using it.

Spot on - they are so unbelievably quick. Once it's checked in, it's in Dublin around 10:30pm the same night! I've had things from the UK posted, and had it the next night - definitely worth it in my opinion.

Also means you can use eBay UK - and Amazon UK and other sites that have free UK shipping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

does anyone know if superdrug have any offers on palmers products at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Abracadabra99

Does anyone use YSL false lash affect mascara? I love mascara and this is my favourite by a mile. I don't have it at the moment because it is pretty expensive but next pay day I will treat myself to a new one.

dorito92 wrote: »
    does anyone know if superdrug have any offers on palmers products at the moment?
    They do I think!
    Can't remember what exactly it was, maybe 3 for the price of 2 or something, but there were deifnitely offers!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Goody2Shoes77

I'd like to recommend Frontcover Cosmetics (sorry if it's been already mentioned here). They do everything from eye makeup to nail polishes, lipsticks and makeup brushes and accessories. Really cannot fault them since I was introduced to them almost 2 years ago. I've about €300 - €400 in the 10 or so palettes that I have. Each palette comes with written instructions in the form of a booklet in a variety of languages and visual tutorials on the box itself. Great quality and fun to use. Only drawback is not being able to carry the larger palettes on a night out :( but then they have some 'To Go' selections where you can lift out the eyeshadows and pop them in a little container that'll fit in the handbag.

I also recently discovered Cocoa Brown fake tan. Not a huge fan of the mousse as I prefer the liquid say He-Shi or Tantastic, but at 1/3 of the price of the aforementioned, Cocoa Brown does the job and best part is it takes really well to my hands which normally doesn't happen with other brands I've tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

biohaiid wrote: »
    They do I think!
    Can't remember what exactly it was, maybe 3 for the price of 2 or something, but there were deifnitely offers!

LOVE Palmer's... To Superdrug!

• Advertisement

Has anyone ever bought from www.allcosmeticswholesale.com ? Were the products genuine? How long did delivery take?

Advertisement