Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hi Aoife congrats dats fab weight loss. fair play!! I was on an off weight watchers since I had my son but rejoined in Nov n think its the longest ive lasted. once u get ur head round it its not rocket science :rolleyes: not sure bout d Cobra lite but wil ask in d next meeting. jus wanted 2 say Congrats!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can treat your cobra lites like coors light. Both will be fermented out to similar degrees (i.e. nearly all sugars are turned to alcohol) they are also the same % so the calories, and hence points will be very similar.

Coors might be 4.2 or 4.3% but the difference is very little even if it is 4.2%.

Normal cobra is 5%. Sometimes the stronger beers are lower in calories/points per unit alcohol though.

i.e. 330ml of 4.3% cobra might have more than half the points of 330ml of 8.6% beer. So if your aim is to get to a certain level of tipsiness then stronger might be better in terms of points, and your wallet.

If drinking with meals then you might want lower point options per unit volume, rather than per unit alcohol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Hi All,

Does anyone know roughly how to point a chicken soup from a deli?
    I know it depends on how creamy etc it is but an idea on what to point it at would be great.

Tis too cold not to grab a soup lately!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

If it looks to be just chicken, veg, stock and maybe some thickeing flour I'd go with 2 to 2.5 but if there's cream you have to add at least 1 - 2 points to that.
    If there's a microwave in work I find the Avonmore, soupful beef stew one great and filling, it has 2.5 points. Plenty of veg, beef and potatoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I was pointing it at 3.5 but doesn't look to have cream in it.

Cheers!!

• Advertisement

barbiegirl wrote: »
    If there's a microwave in work I find the Avonmore, soupful beef stew one great and filling, it has 2.5 points. Plenty of veg, beef and potatoes.
    If you have no mircrowave you could fill a flask with boiling hot soup in the morning. I think you can get thermos bowls now too, you can eat directly out of them so you do not get a cooling effect of a bowl, i.e. you can keep other sauce based foods warm, like spag bol, or curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

rubadub wrote: »
    I think you can get thermos bowls now too, you can eat directly out of them so you do not get a cooling effect of a bowl, i.e. you can keep other sauce based foods warm, like spag bol, or curry.

That would be a brilliant idea!! Im looking for something to take porridge into work but as we have no microwave this would be ideal!

Has anyone seen these? Thanks

I have seen bowls on ebay, pricey though for delivery. I have often seen large thermos stainless steel coffee cups in tesco, these are intended to be drank out of, i.e. wide mouth, not like the old school thermos flasks. I imagine you would be able to eat out of them handy enough.

With the cold weather it is something likely to be in stock in most supermarkets or dept. stores.

Another idea is to bring just the flask/cup full of the sauce. Now bring in some ready cooked spagetti or rice, you can simply pour boiling water over the rice/spag to heat and freshen it up. This way you could fit 2 portions of sauce based stuff in the flask.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭aoife161

hey thanks rubadub...I might stick to the normal cobra so!! and just have fewer bottles.
    Going well this week...just finding with the cold weather (and the snow) i wanna eat more!! But i'm having plenty of soup and its keeping me nice and warm!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lara_la

Just started wieth watchers and findin it hard to judge what drinks are low in points. was wondering how many points in cocktails too as will be goin out in the comin weekend with a friend goin to a cocktail bar:) whats the best low points ones to go for?? thnx :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fairys

if a product has no saturated fat how do you work out the point, it has 359calories and 0.6 g of fat but no sat fat

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ladiee24

fairys wrote: »
    if a product has no saturated fat how do you work out the point, it has 359calories and 0.6 g of fat but no sat fat

hi fairys

my leader has advised us to half the fat content for to get the sat fat unless it's chocolate or cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fairys

Thanks, its rice? Its just confusing me when it doesn state the sat fat.
    That still makes it 7 points that cant be right for rice can it?
    395cal 2g fibre 0g sat fat 0.6g fat.

lara_la wrote: »
    Just started wieth watchers and findin it hard to judge what drinks are low in points. was wondering how many points in cocktails too as will be goin out in the comin weekend with a friend goin to a cocktail bar:) whats the best low points ones to go for?? thnx :)

vodka & a diet mixer is your best bet you'll have points in all the fruit juices in cocktails so they can be a bit of a killer plus the killer of the cocktail decorations i.e. fruit, sugar. grendaine!

fairys wrote: »
    Thanks, its rice? Its just confusing me when it doesn state the sat fat.

yea just half the fat then. it used to confuse me aswell so i just asked my leader it's basically the company being lazy not putting the full nutritional value onto their packaging just barely meeting the EU regs.

thanks ladiee24 think ill just have one so and keep to the vodka! :)

probably your most point friendly option!

if you have a look back sorry i don't know how to link back to a couple of posts ago rubadub posted a link to an article saying drinking vodka with a diet mixer gets your drunk quicker as well so might be a cheap night recession n all :D best of luck with your weigh in tmrw by the way ;)

am down 1 and half pounds! yay gna celebrate this weekend with a few glases of wine! yummy :), got the rovoli weight wtchers pasta dinner for sat evenin so only 5 and half points for dinner!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 gerzilla

how many points in boiled sweets, it says on the pack that they are 99% fat fre but it doesn't have the breakdown f kcals and saturated fats. They were rubharb and custard ones.:confused:

gerzilla wrote: »
    how many points in boiled sweets, it says on the pack that they are 99% fat fre but it doesn't have the breakdown f kcals and saturated fats. They were rubharb and custard ones.:confused:

hi gerzilla without the kcal & the sat fat content it will be hard.
    could you contact the maunfacturer & ask them? i've done this on a couple of products & i've found the companies to be very helpful. best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Serafijn

The WW website says that a 9g harboiled mint humbug is 0.5 points. I know they might say 99% fat free but this probably means they have extra sugar to keep them tasty, so I would stick with 0.5 each.

Serafijn wrote: »
    I know they might say 99% fat free but this probably means they have extra sugar to keep them tasty,
    Boiled sweets are mainly just sugar. Just look at similar packets for the kcal/100g content. It will be mainly sugar and little moisture difference between brands.

Marketers always use facts like this. I have seen sugar ads saying "totally fat free", of course it is! it is a pure carbohydrate compound, loaded with calories and certainly can make you fat. What they are really doing is trying to prey on peoples ignorance about food, like I know lads who thought only fat makes you fat.

It would be like me saying "lard, 99% sugar free!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

99% fat free hardboiled sweets means 1% fat, 99% sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭conan doyle

Hi all weight watcher out there, been battling with the bulge a bit myself and I was wondering if anyone can tell what the lowest calorie breakfast is. I know its the most important meal of the day but I find it the most difficult to eat - was never good with food in the a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 valco

Hi, anyone know how many w/w points in bottle of Stella Artois ?
    Thanks.

Conan: most filling breakfast for the points is porridge without a doubt. Check the particular brand you have on a points calculator as they do vary, but on the whole it is a low point meal and very filling. Add some cinnamon, honey or sweetener if you need to.

Valco: a bottle of beer is listed as 1.5 pts. Stella is stronger and maybe marginally higher cal than regular beer, but I don't think this would make much difference to the points value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 valco

Thanks Serafijan, appreciate that :)

Serafijn wrote: »
    Valco: a bottle of beer is listed as 1.5 pts. Stella is stronger and maybe marginally higher cal than regular beer, but I don't think this would make much difference to the points value.
    Stella is 5.2%, coors light is 4.3%, so the stella is 20% stronger, so around 20% higher in points/calories too.

The problem is rounding points of stuff you eat/drink in high amounts. You might drink 10 bottles and have them as 1.5 points since they are rounded, so you end up with 15 points. When really you should be calculating overall points for the full 3.3L worth of beer. The 20% might not show up in a points score as they are always rounded to the 0.5. 1 beer could be 1.3points, another could be 1.7, so 10 bottles should have a difference of 4 points, but if you round to 1.5 they are equal.

Yeah, this is where the points system does falter a little.

But tbh if you're drinking 10 bottles of beer your points are out the window anyway :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

Hi all weight watcher out there, been battling with the bulge a bit myself and I was wondering if anyone can tell what the lowest calorie breakfast is. I know its the most important meal of the day but I find it the most difficult to eat - was never good with food in the a.m.

Hi Conan if you like cookd breakfasts u could try lower points option like 3 turkey rashers, 3 tablespoons beans, onions mushrooms and tomatoes cooked in low cal spray. 2 slice low cal brown toast optional :) its yummy n very filling :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement