Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many Weight Watchers points in ... ?-PLEASE USE MAIN STICKY THREAD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi DD, I've merged your thread with the "How Many Points In...?" ww thread and I've changed your font a little as the one you were using previously was a bit difficult to read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

is 16 points the amount you are meant to have in a day? every week we are told not to save more than 4 points a day as any more can slow weight loss. that could be part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 DizzyDieter

No I am supposed to have 20points a day but I do carry some over every day just in case I go a bit mad at the weekend .........which seems to happen alot!!!! :o but I suppose even on my bad days at the weekend I would only go over by 3 points or so!!! I'm gonna have to try and eat a bit more maybe 18 points a day its jst I don't get home til late some evenings and I don't like eating after 9 o'clock I suppose I could start having my main meal at lunchtime on the days I'm not gonna get home til late maybe that would help!!?? Also is it really true that muscle weighs more than fat or is that just a myth?? I appreciate any advice anyone has to offer I need all the help I can get ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Sunfowers

HI Folks,
    I joined WW about 5 weeks ago have been avoiding eating out, but was out last night and gave in to temptation and had crispy duck, I didnt eat the skin and it was just served with carrots and slice of pineapple. I was wondering does anyone know how many points could have been in it. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

20 Year Old Lad, About 5.7 and 14stone .Going To improve my eating habits. But would love to know how much points are in certain things and also the best brand of certin things to have.

For Breakfast:

Yogurt: but What type of Yogurt? WW??Manys Points?
    also maybe 2 slices of toast(low fat butter) & tea?

Snack: Fruit ?Nuts ? Which Type? or??

Lanch: Chicken Fillet, Skinless.

Also just want to know how much points in Things Like:

Redbull, Vodka (Sat nite out) and Aromat (A seasoning)

That will do for now. Sorry about being a pain doing this but i promised myself i wouldnt let another summer go without losing weight:DCheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dcfac

One bowl of Kellogs All Bran with semi skimmed milk?

2-3 points? It is very very high in fibre

Thank you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

30g All Bran is 1.5 points. 1/4 pint of semi-skimmed milk is 1 point, if you change to skimmed it's only 0.5pts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

To work out the points you should have each day:
    Are you:
    Female = Score 3
    Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
    No = Score 0
    Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
    Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
    16 - 20 = Score 5
    21 - 35 = Score 4
    36 - 50 = Score 3
    51 - 65 = Score 2
    Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
    Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for this question. Someone who weights 12st 4lb will score 12

How tall are you?
    Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
    5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
    Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
    Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
    Walking most of the time = Score 4
    Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

You should retake this quiz if you drop down to the next stone bracket

or if you have a birthday which takes you to the next age bracket.

For breakfast most cereals e.g. bran flakes, corn flakes etc are 1.5pts for 30g. 1/4 pint of skimmed milk is 0.5pts and semi-skimmed is 1pt.
    WW yogurts are low in fat but quite small, I find Muller lite are a nice size they actually fill me and they're 1.5pts each. Bread is generally 1pt per slice or 2.5pt in 2 slices unless it's Nimble or WW bread. Low-at spread is 1pt for 2tsp, extra light is 0.5pt for 2tsp and butter is 1pt for 1tsp. If you have a lot of milk during the day don't forget to add it up

Snacks: Apple 0.5pt, banana 1.5, pears 1, pineapple slice 1, satsumas 0.5pt for 2, grapes 100g is 1pt. Dried fruit is higher. Nuts are healthy if you get the non-salted ones but will be high in points due to their oils (what makes them good for you as far as I know!) 50g peanuts is 5pts, 10g walnut is 1pt, 10 cashew nuts is 1pt. 30g bag of popcorn is 2.5, less if air popped. Snack a jacks are 2pts per bag or 1.5pt for the mulitpack bags. Ryvita are 0.5pt each and extra light philly is 1pt for a mini tub

Medium chicken fillet with no skin (165g) is 2.5pts. Oils are mostly 1pt per tsp. All veg except parsnips are 0 points. Potatoes are 100g raw for 1pt. Butternut squash is 0 points and a nice alternative sometimes. Med portion rice (60g uncooked) is 3pts. That seasoning is 0pts

Red Bull is 1.5pt pr can, vodka is 1.5 per shot (UK measures are 1pt but are smaller). If you can, try and get used to sugar free ed Bull or diet coke/diet 7up as they are 0 points.

Finally if you have something with the nut values on it, to work out the points:
    (calories / 70) + (sat fat / 4) = Points
    OR
    (calories / 70) + (total fat / 8) = Points

Sorry that was all a bit stream of conciousness lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Hey guys,

How many points would you say is in a tablespoon of Egg Mayo - Regular mayonaise!!??
    Back on the WW! Gave up for about 6 months but still down 5 pounds from when I left so still good!

Thanks guys,

Orlee x

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Smilie_01

Hey,

I'm a newbie here I started weight watchers 2 weeks ago and I have been delighted to loose 8lbs :) but I had a disaster today I went out to lunch with work and before I knew it I had ordered a club sandwich ( in brown bread;)) and it came with salad(mainly coleslaw) and Chips. Didnt eat the coleslaw but of course demolished the chips... I didn't really think, I never realised chips came with it and then sur I couldn't leave them behind me:mad:

Saying that I gave myself 16 points for that so if I have my usual sandwich with ww brown bread turkey and low low spread tonight I shoud stay within my 20 points don't you think!!!!!

Just wondering is 16 points enought for that?
    Sorry bout long winded post it helps...

Im so annoyed with myself and I was doing so well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Hi all,

Could you tell me how many points are in the Apple Nutrigrain bars and the Special K choc chip bars. Also, am I kidding myself eating these for breakfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

hi folks i wonder could anyone shed some light
    on my question. iv been in ww 4 weeks doing
    very well lost 13 lbs doing every thing
    right lots of walking . but when i went tonight the lady said iv gaind
    a pound it blew me away i know i wasent eating out side my points
    but she said maybe i wasent eating enough is that possible ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

hey im a regular on boards but have just come across this and as I joined weight watchers 3 weeks ago I would love some inspiration!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

MILF wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could you tell me how many points are in the Apple Nutrigrain bars and the Special K choc chip bars. Also, am I kidding myself eating these for breakfast?

Those Nutrigrains are 2 pts, the Special K bars are 1.5 pts. I really wouldn't advise them for breakfast though, they're almost pure sugar! :o

Try porridge or eggs maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

Oh no I forgot to recalculate allowed points .. Thanks angeldelight ;)

I have been doing WW at home since May and have lost 26 lbs but still have some to go. I was really hoping to be at my goal by my holidays .. September 13th but it's been very slow going over the last couple of months with weddings and weekend breaks etc. but even when I was away i was good and didn't understand why .. now it makes sense.

I went under 2 stone changes which meant I needed to take 2 points off my daily allowance, so have been over my points for the last month or so .. damn! This is hard work .. especially when nothing moves ...

I hope those of you doing this alone remember this .. argh .... :eek:

S

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

SarahSassy wrote: »
    Our WW lady said there are 9 points in an Avoca fruit scone

I think mine said 11 :eek:
    the Special K bars are 1.5 pts. I really wouldn't advise them for breakfast though, they're almost pure sugar! :o

started WW last week, & this morning i spent too long making myself a good lunch to bring to work that i didnt have time for breakfast so ended up buying a couple of special k bars. couldnt think of anything else i could buy in the shop for breakfast that wouldnt be too bad?

at least theyre not too many points, have a couple of apples in my bag too so ill survive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mizers

Anyone know how many points would anything on the menu at Tippenyaki have? Hubbie bringing me out for a meal but dont want to ruin my good few weeks!! any help would be great!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

Yikes Im going back.... About 4 years ago I lost 2&1/2 stone through weight watchers and was a gold member . Kept it off for 3 years Stopped smoking a year and 1/2 ago I have put back on a stone, I am usually on the fitness log, I train regular 5-6 times per week weight training and cardio and eat healthy mon - fr but not matter what cant get off that stone I go down a couple of lbs and back up again. I actually dont want to get back to 9 stone would be happy with 9 stone 7lb, so 7lb is doable and I aim to do it over 7 weeks 1lb body fat per week. So disheartning yo yoing because I train so hard ,I have come to the conclusion that diet is the be all and end all to fat loss yes my training helps but if my diet is not perfect there is no hope. The only thing that worked for fat loss for me was WW so im off again on tues !! So I will be probably on here a lot. Fingers crossed for me ! Oh another question will I have to start paying again , when I was a gold member it was free ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

30g All Bran is 1.5 points. 1/4 pint of semi-skimmed milk is 1 point, if you change to skimmed it's only 0.5pts
    Very few people would eat that little, you really have to weigh them out. The advertising standards should really be able to take these bastards on, touting this crap as low in calories and then the actors in the ads are tucking into bowls with over twice the portion size quoted on the packet.

I got a portion of chips from a local chinese the other day, weighed almost 400g, so probably around 900-1000kcal and ~15points. I doubt many online sites would estimate a portion as being that.

I am not sure how the UK points are to be calculated. I did it on this site http://points.ogo.ms/ just entered 1000kcal and I doubt there is sat fat in the chips since they usually use veg oil. But then it states "*If Saturated fat in not stated, divide the number of grams of fat by 2 and use that figure instead." In which case my chips would jump from ~15 to ~25points!

Switching from cooking in veg oil to coconut or palm oil will more than double the points, but many would argue that cooking in these fats high in saturated fat would lead to less fat gain. I expect my high fat diet would be off the scale points wise, but I am not fat, and follow a coincidental "high points" diet specifically to not get fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

rubadub wrote: »

Switching from cooking in veg oil to coconut or palm oil will more than double the points, but many would argue that cooking in these fats high in saturated fat would lead to less fat gain.

For the sake of your heart, you should be minimising your intake of saturated and trans fats NOT increasing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Laura08

Hi,
    Does anyone know how many WW points are in a dominos garlic bread?? the eating out book with all the points in it says they are 2 and a half points each. that can't be right though can it????? they seem so bad! i tried googling it but only the american dominos points come up and they aren't the same.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I always went by 2 pts per 2 inches of garlic bread. Don't know about dominos though....

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

Hi peeps,

Any idea how many weight watchers points in a veggie burger from eddie rockets? no burger sauce, jus veggie burger with tomato lettuce onion and gerkin.....i know th eveggie burger includes kidney beans, but not sure of other ingrediants.....

I dont tink I want to know this, but also the points value for garlic cheese fries from eddies?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Sincho

Just wondering if anybody can tell me what you're supposed to do when you reach your goal weight? I reached goal this week after losing almose 4 and a half stone but haven't become a gold member, as I moved a month or so ago and have lost my card. Trying to contact the leader of my original meeting to get a copy of my card but in the meantime am afraid I'll put back on weight, or if I carry on with the points I've been using I'll lose more weight which I don't want! Any gold members with advice for me would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

just wondering if anyone can tell me the points values for butter. I'm going back to weight watchers next wednesday but until then cant remember some of the points. I remember the points for a canteen portion were quite a lot,..i'm eating flora light at home but tend to be in canteens a lot. There was only full fat today

just wondering if anyone can tell me the points values for butter. I'm going back to weight watchers next wednesday but until then cant remember some of the points. I remember the points for a canteen portion were quite a lot,..i'm eating flora light at home but tend to be in canteens a lot. There was only full fat today
    Portion sizes could vary a bit. I think you can get flora etc in individual portions, like canteens/hotels have, you could always bring some with you if that concerned. Those tend to be pricey, another idea is to get those mini jam/honey jars you get in hotels, they sell them in supermarkets too now, then get a knife and smear some of your flora from the tub into the little jar.

I keep a little jar like that of butter in the press, and one in work, so it will spread easy. You also tend to use less if it is coming from a small pot.

The nutritional info is on lots of butter and spreads now, all you need is a digital scale and the online calculator to work out the points yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

i was told by someone (though i cant remember who so im not sure how reliable this information is) that the small butter portions (the little rectangle 1s) are 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hey Guys,

Anyone any idea how many points there are in monkey nuts. Can only find a listing for salted or roasted nuts.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

The small little patties of butter are 2.5 points each..crazy amount !!

• Advertisement

With regards to your question about Chinese we got a book at the meeting this week about take aways and the lowest in points in the Chinese was Singapore Noodles @ 5-1/2 points
    I got a singapore chow mein last week, weighed 800g.
    Using this calculator http://points.ogo.ms/
    I hit 5.5 points at 370kcal presuming zero fat (and it was fairly greasy)
    That means if this was true then it was 46.25kcal per 100g. I would estimate it at 250kcal per 100g though, this is comparing it to supermaret ready meals and the fact that the noodles are much denser, i.e. not boiled to death where they take up lots of water. A single pack of 80-100g dry supernoodles can be 550-600kcal. I would also conservatively estimate 5% fat since it was fried noodles & meat and quite oily, so 40g of fat, and 20g goes in my calculator. So using the same calculator I would estimate 33.5points. I ate this in 2 settings. As I keep saying the portions are massive, so do not go fooling yourself. I know a girl who does order this from the same place as she thinks it is the "best choice" because WW say so. There are far better options to chose, much smaller portions, or just split it.
    Glyni wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how many points there are in monkey nuts. Can only find a listing for salted or roasted nuts.
    Its about the same, they are simply roasted or not roasted, nuts are very high in fat so will have very high points, even though that does not neccesarily mean they will make you as fat as something with similar points.

i.e. 100g of nuts has around 50g of fat, so I put 25g in the calculator so it will have around 14.5points and ~600kcal. While 600kcal of fizzy drinks has only 8.5 points. And I would guess 600kcal of the fizzy drinks will make you fatter than the nuts.
    m'lady wrote: »
    The small little patties of butter are 2.5 points each..crazy amount !!
    You have to weigh them and state the brand, otherwise you face the exact same problem as the singapore chow mein, this crazy presumption that all receipes and portion sizes are around the same size.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement