Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Effects wrote: »
    I'll have to listen to it fully. Paddy strikes me as someone that's not really that into politics or the rule of law. Just thinks hand back the six counties and it'll be grand.
    I take it Gerry still hasn't admitted to being in the IRA?

Politics is a broad term. He says he doesn't see himself as a politician. But technically, he obviously is.
    He's much more concerned with local and social issues. Rather than national government issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Paddy's intentions when it comes to "politics" is what people are actually supposed to do once elected, to improve the lives of his constituents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

dulux99 wrote: »
    Paddy's intentions when it comes to "politics" is what people are actually supposed to do once elected, to improve the lives of his constituents.

Sounds like most politicians to be honest. He'll probably get derailed soon enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Non-politics Gerry is very odd, his twitter has some surreal stuff on it, especially when it's about creme eggs

Surprised no one has mentioned Paddy's issues over the last few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Surprised no one has mentioned Paddy's issues over the last few days

It's in after hours or current affairs. Or probably both, with the usual dopes commenting about their dislike of MMA and anything remotely to do with it.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    It's in after hours or current affairs. Or probably both, with the usual dopes commenting about their dislike of MMA and anything remotely to do with it.

Oh I see it now, trainwreck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I forgot what this forum gets like when McGregor is fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It can be painful alright but thankfully it's nowhere near as bad as some of his previous fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Wtf is up with Conor pretending to be religious all of a sudden. Usually posts a long breakdown after his fight on social media, this time all he could muster is 2 religious emojis. Kept saying god forbid/god willing in interviews before the fight. Its almost like hes turning into khabib, Inshallah8o1PxOD.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

dulux99 wrote: »

Damn straight. We need to really focus on the issues that actually make a difference to the lives of the ordinary person.

Sure it's well known that the state has abandoned the underprivileged men of his constituency to their fates of being seduced and blackmailed by roaming hordes of underage girls.

Keep fighting the power Paddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Anyone see any reliable sources to the story Robert Whittaker is donating bone marrow to his daughter?
    I saw a screenshot from Facebook of his father saying it's not true, with two laughing faces after it. From listening to Dana it sounds like something serious, which would make his father laughing a bit strange.

derfderf wrote: »
    Anyone see any reliable sources to the story Robert Whittaker is donating bone marrow to his daughter?
    I saw a screenshot from Facebook of his father saying it's not true, with two laughing faces after it. From listening to Dana it sounds like something serious, which would make his father laughing a bit strange.
    I’d be more inclined to believe the screenshot wasn’t true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

What are the other names for fighters we have now?

Full camp Mendes
    See level Cain
    Catholic Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

Full skeleton Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

fitzparker wrote: »
    What are the other names for fighters we have now?

Full camp Mendes
    See level Cain
    Catholic Conor

2016 Conor

TRT Vitor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,450 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No chin Liddell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Ubereem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Homelander wrote: »
    Full skeleton Conor
    Meth head Conor.
    I always liked TRTitor myself, as well as Ubereem. Then came Econoreem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Mellor wrote: »
    I’d be more inclined to believe the screenshot wasn’t true.

Whittaker's just come out and said don't believe the rumours going around, but didn't mention what rumours.
    I saw them everywhere, but never saw a source.

• Advertisement

derfderf wrote: »
    Whittaker's just come out and said don't believe the rumours going around, but didn't mention what rumours.
    I saw them everywhere, but never saw a source.
    I seen that. But wasn’t sure if the rumours were the sick daughter, or the story that’s it’s not true.

He’s something personal going on. And has posted a lot of family pics lately. Wish him a fast returned either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Proper 12 one of the title sponsors for Wilder-Fury II. McGregor is no mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,989 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Proper 12 one of the title sponsors for Wilder-Fury II. McGregor is no mug.

Would Conor ever call out challenge Tyson?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Would Conor ever call out challenge Tyson?

Conor would call out his ma for some retweets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

It seems McGregor has gone full blown religious nut (may be a slight exaggeration). Many of his social media posts and interviews since just before the Cerrone fight made reference to God, The Lord etc and that trend seems to have increased post fight. Today's post about Italy being a prime example. I wonder if that has been some sort of influence from Tony Robins. Is he a Good botherer too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Fair play to Mcgregor and God. If it makes him happy and a better person than whats the fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Seriously think he is now a religious **** cos khabib gave him such a hiding an hes so religious. God wont save you kid, hes just better than you!! Fight ****ing Gathje

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It seems McGregor has gone full blown religious nut (may be a slight exaggeration). Many of his social media posts and interviews since just before the Cerrone fight made reference to God, The Lord etc and that trend seems to have increased post fight. Today's post about Italy being a prime example. I wonder if that has been some sort of influence from Tony Robins. Is he a Good botherer too?

It's very marketable stateside too...

US2 wrote: »
    Seriously think he is now a religious **** cos khabib gave him such a hiding an hes so religious.
    How could religion possibly help him in a fight, where do you get this from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mellor wrote: »
    How could religion possibly help him in a fight, where do you get this from.

easily if he takes it seriously

Advertisement