Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking your own pics for agent

• 19-10-2020 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Evening boardsies.
    Here is a new one on me...Friend of a renter here who has been in a house 8 years. House going for sale soon..Due to covid restrictions landlord wont/cant be able to visit and has asked his agent to look after sale...Agent cant/wont visit either due to restrictions and now wants tenant to take pics of the house and send them on...Does tenant have to send them on? Is he under any obligation to send them on...its odd...no notice etc just asked to send on pics

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭salamiii

send some bad photos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

That’s hell of a lazy agent. Under level 5 I understand but under level 3 agents have been selling and letting properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭ted1

salamiii wrote: »
    send some bad photos

Or could do the decent thing and help some one out.

Why is people initial response to act like a d1ck?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

salamiii wrote: »
    send some bad photos

I've seen some photos on Daft.ie of properties with unmade beds, toys scattered all over the floors, dirty dishes in the kitchen sink, stained toilets etc....must have being disgruntled tenants who took the pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭dennyk

Agent cant/wont visit either due to restrictions and now wants tenant to take pics of the house and send them on...Does tenant have to send them on? Is he under any obligation to send them on

He is under no obligation to do anything for the agent or the landlord.

He should reply and offer to do it for a reasonable fee. The pros typically charge a couple hundred or so for a basic single property shoot; since he's probably not a pro, he could try, say, €100 or something. If (when) the agent declines, he can politely thank them for the offer, but let them know he's not interested in working for them for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

ted1 wrote: »
    Or could do the decent thing and help some one out.

Why is people initial response to act like a d1ck?

Because the agent is getting paid a tonne and wants to offload the work to the tenant for free.

There is a whole industry around taking photos of properties for €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Read your post and it reminded me of this...you might get some ideas ;-)

https://youtu.be/Uh8u8OZN_as

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

soc wrote: »
    Read your post and it reminded me of this...you might get some ideas ;-)

https://youtu.be/Uh8u8OZN_as

Thanks for this

Advertisement