Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using Certified Copy of Land Certificate

Options
  • 24-03-2020 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking for some informed feedback.

Background
    Looking to sell a house for nearly six months, but the family solicitor is literally doing nothing. It should be very straightforward as that practice dealt with the land purchase, planning and mortgage. Anyway, they are going through a bit of a crisis and nothing is moving.

We have copies of the deeds, planning, etc. and are now considering proceeding with certified copies.

Questions:

Has anyone done a property transaction with certified copies of land registry documents? If so, is there anything I should watch out for?

I am searching landdirect using the folio number, but it says it cannot be found. The folio number on the land certificate is 25xxxF and the county is limerick. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Hi,

I’m looking for some informed feedback.

Background
    Looking to sell a house for nearly six months, but the family solicitor is literally doing nothing. It should be very straightforward as that practice dealt with the land purchase, planning and mortgage. Anyway, they are going through a bit of a crisis and nothing is moving.

We have copies of the deeds, planning, etc. and are now considering proceeding with certified copies.

Questions:

Has anyone done a property transaction with certified copies of land registry documents? If so, is there anything I should watch out for?

I am searching landdirect using the folio number, but it says it cannot be found. The folio number on the land certificate is 25xxxF and the county is limerick. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

have you found it on the map using the address?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

Put LK before your number on land direct. Eg LK33333f to find your folio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Put LK before your number on land direct. Eg LK33333f to find your folio.

Thanks, that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Why don’t you see about moving solicitor if their not progressing the file? If the firm don’t want the business, go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭NewClareman

Dolbhad wrote: »
    Why don’t you see about moving solicitor if their not progressing the file? If the firm don’t want the business, go elsewhere.

Just done it, wanted to be sure I had the necessary documentation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement