Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Reductions

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Question all related to signing a lease in the current environment. I'm moving into a new property end of April, lease has arrived. Is there a way of checking previous monthly rent paid by current tenant to ensure annual increase of 4% cap is being adhered to? Also if it has been a year since previous increase would landlord be breaking law to increase rent with measures announced on rent freeze by government in response to Cov-19?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Dav010 wrote: »
    You think the young people doing the calls from UCD are going to waste time doing that? They are phoning hundreds, maybe thousands about a potentially deadly infectious disease, they are not checking living arrangements. Honestly, some of the stuff on here is mind bending.

Its an additional risk from a public health viewpoint.

I don't know what training they are getting but from a strictly public health viewpoint - it wouldnt surprise me if they were trained to flag up more then 5 at an address.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Old diesel wrote: »
    Its an additional risk from a public health viewpoint.

I don't know what training they are getting but from a strictly public health viewpoint - it wouldnt surprise me if they were trained to flag up more then 5 at an address.

You are not being serious I hope. You think the Dept of Health trained these guys to check whether they are complying with RTB/LA residential letting requirements? All in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Dav010 wrote: »
    You are not being serious I hope. You think the Dept of Health trained these guys to check whether they are complying with RTB/LA residential letting requirements? All in 2 weeks.

It's nothing do do with tenancy requirements.

It's everything do to with having limited living space and no ability to self-isolate if needed.

Plenty ofvfamilybhomescwould have similar issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It's nothing do do with tenancy requirements.

It's everything do to with having limited living space and no ability to self-isolate if needed.

Plenty ofvfamilybhomescwould have similar issues.

If you go back a few posts you will see that this tangent of the thread started with a poster saying Landlords will be sweating this. I don’t see what impact this will have on the LL, I suspect many of these types of squat conditions arise without the LLs knowledge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement