Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Digs for University of Limerick student

• 16-08-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know someone who offers digs accommodation for students in Limerick? Looking to get digs for my son who will be going to University of Limerick near end of September as a first year student.

I just think my son moving in with a family that will cook his meals Mon-Fri will be ideal. Needs to be close to UL campus.

Are there any websites to check? Any help or advice would be much appreciatedsmile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Try Daft.ie under shared accommodation- a lot of digs providers advertise there, I've just been looking for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Dublin Mum wrote: »
    Try Daft.ie under shared accommodation- a lot of digs providers advertise there, I've just been looking for Dublin.

I've looked on Daft, but it's house share only. I'm looking for a "replacement Mammy" who will provide a meal every day. Otherwise he's sure to live on crap take away food!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin Mum

Haven't looked at Limerick but i know for Dublin if you see "Ownet Occupier", see a photo of a boxroom and a desk, then they're generally providing digs and many will state it's a family, Sun-Fri morning, full meals etc. It's a pity Daft don't allow a heading on their Ads to highlight the type of accommodation without having to trawl through individual ads. I'm using the app maybe it's clearer on desktop version?
    You could also contact the Accommodation office in UL though I'm not sure how active these are now with internet since my college days. What about one of the Buy & Sell Limerick groups on Facebook?

Advertisement