Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Scholarstown Wood Rathfarnham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 whiteorchid

Houses here totally overpriced bedrooms very small in 5 bedded there were no beds in show house to give illusion of space. In 4 bedded small bedrooms could not fit much more than a bed.
    Area good good buses schools etc near buy. But these houses are over priced esp when compared to prospect manor a quiet mature estate with decent gardens and big bedrooms. No comparison compared to scholarstown woods

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Garyr1

If people want to pay over the odds for houses let them off. Clearly many have not learnt a thing from the past 8 years and we'll continue to see double digit house price increases until the next crash. Demand is one thing, but stupidity is another. You also have to wonder who's really behind these price increases, the banks maybe? Last time I checked you have to get the property valued before the banks will approve and/or draw down a mortgage, the banks could stop these price increases by refusing to value the houses at their silly asking prices. Builders are in business to make money, so they will continue to fleece the punter for as much as they can get away with, its up to us punters and the financial institutions to say no.

But of course we haven't learnt a thing don't forget, so lets start blowing up that bubble again, how big will the bubble get this time I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anyone know about the latest phase here and when it launches?

They are building away but its all pretty quiet on the marketing front.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

Vudgie wrote: »
    Anyone know about the latest phase here and when it launches?

They are building away but its all pretty quiet on the marketing front.

I saw the sign in front of the development saying the next phase was being released in September 2017 if that's any help to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 eternal31

How is this area? transport and school? There is one bus station nearby. Is that the only transportation? I saw somebody say it is not even in rathfarnham area, is it true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's a perfectly nice area. There's one bus stop (15B) right outside and another bus stop (15) a five minute walk away. Fairly standard for most of the Dublin suburbs.

It's definitely in the Rathfarnham area. But Rathfarnham is a huge area. It's kind of on the boundary of Knocklyon/Ballyroan. Technically "Scholarstown", but that doesn't really exist as a placename any more.

For schools it's in the catchment for St. Colmcille's Primary & Secondary. Both highly regarded as two of the best. But there are several other schools in walking distance that are all held in high regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Anyone know prices on these, hard to find info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Did anyone end up buying here, phase 4 is launching next month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

All the 3beds were sold out in phase three.

According to the site map on their website, which I'm presuming is for phase four, it's mainly three beds for sale, I see earlier phases were sold by sherry Fitz and now it's DNG, is it unusual for them to change

• Advertisement

The site map on their website is for phase three.

GingerLily wrote: »
    The site map on their website is for phase three.

You'd think they'd update it

You'd think they'd update it

Where did you hear about phase 4? Have they started advertising it yet?

Where did you hear about phase 4? Have they started advertising it yet?

http://www.regency.ie/projects/scholarstown-wood/

Havnt seen it advertised other than that link

Check out this property I found using Daft

https://www.daft.ie/11504872

It's actually mentioned in the middle of the description on daft too

• Registered Users Posts: 43 salad_man

Rang DNG this morning and they confirmed the 4th Phase opening in  early Feb'18. 29 units to be released, no breakdown as of yet in terms of 3 bed/4 bed etc. No Official pricing either for a few weeks. Im sure there'll be an increase on the last phase pricing. 3 bed terrace late 400k region. Very pricey imho. Wouldn't be keen on timber framed, certainly not for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Follow up question on Timber Frame constructions - I was reading more into it and almost everyone can confirm heating and insulation is perfect, so no issues there. I am more concerned about sound proofing and unable to find any relevant read ups, we are planning to buy mid terrace house with neighbors on either side, so this is very important before making the decision.
    The estate agent advised to involve Surveyor through Solicitor before signing the contracts who can then look into designs, documents and give his feedback. I believe if we decide to opt out during this stage, there will be additional cost for Surveyor and Solicitor, any alternates to that. I am also following up with the company who provided the timer frames, but not holding my breath there
    Anything else we can do to confirm, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Follow up question on Timber Frame constructions - I was reading more into it and almost everyone can confirm heating and insulation is perfect, so no issues there. I am more concerned about sound proofing and unable to find any relevant read ups, we are planning to buy mid terrace house with neighbors on either side, so this is very important before making the decision.

The estate agent advised to involve Surveyor through Solicitor before signing the contracts who can then look into designs, documents and give his feedback. I believe if we decide to opt out during this stage, there will be additional cost for Surveyor and Solicitor, any alternates to that. I am also following up with the company who provided the timer frames, but not holding my breath there

Anything else we can do to confirm. Please let me know of any personal experience with recent timer frame constructions, thanks...

Are all new builds these days not timber-framed?

What house type did you put a deposit on?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

Anything else we can do to confirm. Please let me know of any personal experience with recent timer frame constructions, thanks...

We previously lived in a mid terrace timber frame house and the sound proofing was really good, never really heard anything either side unless something really noisy like hammering. I hear more now in my brick built semi d than in that house!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,980 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Are all new builds these days not timber-framed?

What house type did you put a deposit on?

Nope, lovely block built houses being built too.

All the three beds look snapped up from this phase already.

I wonder how many houses are left from this phase!

Looked to only have 8 left on Saturday, took a picture just before viewings closed, there was more viewings on Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Fairly impossible tbh for anyone to say that timber framed houses are noisier than block ones. There are standards to be met, so on a practical level you're unlikely to notice much difference unless the developer has cut corners. I live in a block-built terraced house and the noise from adjacent houses is worse than the noise we used to get when we lived in an apartment.

Neighbours also play a part - there's no amount of insulation that can keep out the noise of someone who likes to play the stereo full blast, of a dog that barks or children screaming and shouting.

If you're obsessed about noise and quiet, the only advice I can give you is to only buy detached. You cannot buy a semi-D or terraced property and expect absolute peace and quiet.

We had a look at these yesterday, we're looking for design ideas for an extension. Nice houses, very roomy and bright. Not a fan of the tiny back gardens and zero front gardens, but that's the way of modern houses.

Looked to only have 8 left on Saturday, took a picture just before viewings closed, there was more viewings on Sunday too

I'm wrong - they're advertising three beds on Facebook - video only put up a few minutes ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Obscurant

None 3-bed has been left. Good news for someone who is interested in because I am going to withdraw my interest after having put down the booking deposit. Unfortunately the contract doesn't contain the subject to loan clause and the developer insists to an unconditional contract. Someone from the cancellation list will be really happy tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Obscurant wrote: »
    None 3-bed has been left. Good news for someone who is interested in because I am going to withdraw my interest after having put down the booking deposit. Unfortunately the contract doesn't contain the subject to loan clause and the developer insists to an unconditional contract. Someone from the cancellation list will be really happy tomorrow!

Could you explain this part please for a wide-eyed potential FTB? :p

Could you explain this part please for a wide-eyed potential FTB? :p

Usually you can sign a conditional contract which states that you buying the house is subject to you being able to draw down your mortgage when the time comes. If you ran in to difficulty with the bank giving you the money you could pull out and get your 10% deposit back. The developer it would appear is insisting on this clause not being included so once you pay your deposit on signing the contracts your deposit is gone if you try to pull out for whatever reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Are all new builds everywhere the type with the front doors on the footpath and no front gardens? i'm keeping an eye on the various threads in various locations out of curiosity and they all seem to be the same

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Are all new builds everywhere the type with the front doors on the footpath and no front gardens? i'm keeping an eye on the various threads in various locations out of curiosity and they all seem to be the same

Front gardens are gone it would appear. You now seem to have two main types of fronts. In the first type you have a driveway that has your two spots at your house. The other is where you have a line of car parking spots on the side of the road like the front of a shop with numbers written on them designating which house has which one. Scholarstown wood has the first type

Advertisement