Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best city or cities to rent an apartment/house

Options
  • 26-03-2020 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I am planning to mevo to Ireland next year.

I am doing a lot of research at this time, especially for renting options. I was having a look on daft.ie and renting an apartment in Dublin it's expensive.

My max rent would be 1300 to 1500, but if I can find something good at a lower price, it would be better.

I don't like sharing, I have had very bad experiences, so I don't want to do it anymore.

I would like to know the best cities around Dublin, with a good transport system and affordable prices, where I could rent an apartment or a house when the time comes.

I was having a look to Swords, on the north of Dublin, it seems a very good city. I also found Naas and Balbriggan, but sincerely I don't know which one would be the best option.

I don't mind to travel, I am used to a 2hrs commitment, to get from where I live, to the city centre. Until I have a good system of trains, or trams, or busses that can bring me to the city centre and back, I am ok.

Any info regarding good cities, bad ones, zoned to avoid, and renting tips will be very appreciated.

I am from Italy, And I lived in the UK for a while, but surely a lot of stuff are different, so feel free to give as many info as you want regarding renting stuff.

Thank you very much in advance for your time. :)

Advertisement