Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

• 06-06-2017 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Welcome to the Dublin GAA discussion thread.

This is one of the most active forums on Boards.ie. As a result, discussion can get quite heated. But there are certain things posters must realise are simply not OK to post:

- Personal abuse

- Rumours about players'/managers'/anyone's personal lives.

- Trolling.

- Accusations of trolling. Report a post if you suspect it to be trolling.

Right off yiz go !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

first post !!!

Always wanted this honour on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Justice for Dermo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Justice for Dermo.
    Well said, it is justice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That link in the old thread doesn't lead here, Doc! You had me mightily confused for a moment, I clicked the link, then clicked off the tab before it loaded, then I came back to a "Post New Thread" screen. Sat there for a couple of minutes raging at myself for forgetting whatever genius thought I had that needed it's own thread before I realised it was a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm just going to note that the previous dublin thread was locked on page 666...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I'd nearly appeal it for the craic, imagine all the faux outrage here and on Twitter when he gets off.

giphy.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Slattsy wrote: »
    first post !!!

Always wanted this honour on boards

Yer only a delete button away from having that honour removed boyo !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Has Shane supple left the panel?

Stoner wrote: »
    Has Shane supple left the panel?
    Long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Just in case anyone feels the need to quote a post from the old thread, it is a mighty complicated business.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    That link in the old thread doesn't lead here, Doc! You had me mightily confused for a moment, I clicked the link, then clicked off the tab before it loaded, then I came back to a "Post New Thread" screen. Sat there for a couple of minutes raging at myself for forgetting whatever genius thought I had that needed it's own thread before I realised it was a mistake

Gracias CIAB ...no fun looking a fool unintentionally ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Justice for Dermo.

Let's get a Facebook page going......

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Long gone.

On the Android app everytime I open the first Dublin GAA the question on Shane supple leaving the panel opens up. I think that's the locked thread mentioned above.

Stoner wrote: »
    On the Android app everytime I open the first Dublin GAA the question on Shane supple leaving the panel opens up. I think that's the locked thread mentioned above.
    He's now a life coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Slattsy wrote: »
    I'd nearly appeal it for the craic, imagine all the faux outrage here and on Twitter when he gets off.

giphy.gif

:D

What makes you think the outrage would be "faux"? Maybe people would be genuinely pissed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I feel our thread title is deserving more oomph.

That being said our population has clearly been the reason that has gotten us to a second thread before the "others from down there".

They use Snapchat more. Asynchronous chat forums don't capture the winks and nods properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Do Connolly's black cards still stand after any potential ban? Like could there potentially be a situation where he comes back for AI semi, gets a black card and is banned for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Major Dubfire

I've heard the county board have said this morning that if he wants to appeal he can do so on his own. Has anyone else heard this or have a link to same?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Major Dubfire

For some reason I can't quote anyone in this thread.

Anyway Shane Supple plays in goal for Bohemians in the League of Ireland the last two years. As far as I know they allow him play for his club St. Brigid's from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

Do Connolly's black cards still stand after any potential ban? Like could there potentially be a situation where he comes back for AI semi, gets a black card and is banned for the final?

Correct if black carded in a potential semi final would miss final

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Connolly is not just banned from playing I also think( and I may be wrong) that he is unable to train with the County Squad or with his Club for the duration of the ban. If this is the case it is hard to see him being in any sort of match fitness for the semi-final as ban wouid only end night before semi-final. It is hard to even see him being capable of playing in final. AFAIK Paul Galvin ban was similar and he was unable to train with either club or county

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That being said our population has clearly been the reason that has gotten us to a second thread before the "others from down there".

Dublin Thread 2 - The beginning of the end.

???

(And yes, name the Mayo one, The never ending story)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Connolly is not just banned from playing I also think( and I may be wrong) that he is unable to train with the County Squad or with his Club for the duration of the ban. If this is the case it is hard to see him being in any sort of match fitness for the semi-final as ban wouid only end night before semi-final. It is hard to even see him being capable of playing in final. AFAIK Paul Galvin ban was similar and he was unable to train with either club or county

Correct. But I'm sure he's more than capable of sorting himself out re fitness.

I would really hope that should we get to a SF that we're not relying on him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

How about Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - The Empire Strikes Back.

(Can I be Princess Leia?)

Correct. But I'm sure he's more than capable of sorting himself out re fitness.

I would really hope that should we get to a SF that we're not relying on him anyway.

It is easy to sort fitness and that would be no issue, match fitness is another issue and general ball work would be a huge issue.

Slava Ukrainii

PARlance wrote: »
    Dublin Thread 2 - The beginning of the end.

???

(And yes, name the Mayo one, The never ending story)
    ProudDUB wrote: »
    How about Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - The Empire Strikes Back.

(Can I be Princess Leia?)

Thread title changed .. we'll have a weekly competition to update it depending on the next circus that comes around :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly doesn't get banned after appealing and we go onto win, that we will never here the end of it, that we shouldn't have won?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly doesn't get banned after appealing and we go onto win, that we will never here the end of it, that we shouldn't have won?

Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly get banned after appealing and Dublin go onto lose, that we will never here the end of it, that Dublin should have won and the rest of GAA conspired against a hard done by Dublin player

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Is anyone else thinking that if Connolly get banned after appealing and Dublin go onto lose, that we will never here the end of it, that Dublin shouldn have won and the rest of GAA conspired against a hard done Dublin player

I take it you mean should have won?

I suppose, either way there's going to be a lot of moaning about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement