Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk - early black Friday deals on now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,762 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Same as the lead up to Prime Day.. i.e not much of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

I'm assuming this is just a generic sale and then come 20th of November there'll be a week of Black Friday deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,762 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ThePott wrote: »
    I'm assuming this is just a generic sale and then come 20th of November there'll be a week of Black Friday deals.
    Correct. I'd say more likely to be an extended weekend of Black Friday / Cyber Monday rather than a week. But not sure how it worked out last year.

Maybe I do find it odd that the 'Early Black Friday' sale ends on the 19th when Black Friday isn't till the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭septictank

Basq wrote: »
    Correct. I'd say more likely to be an extended weekend of Black Friday / Cyber Monday rather than a week. But not sure how it worked out last year.

The 2 weeks before Black Friday were the main sale, It did run on afterwards but with things that didn't sell well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

ThePott wrote: »
    Maybe I do find it odd that the 'Early Black Friday' sale ends on the 19th when Black Friday isn't till the 27th.

Thats because the Black Friday sales are for the week starting 23rd-27th and then you have Black Friday reloaded deals for 28th/29th and then Cyber Monday deals on 30th.

dan786 wrote: »
    Thats because the Black Friday sales are for the week starting 23rd-27th and then you have Black Friday reloaded deals for 28th/29th and then Cyber Monday deals on 30th.
    So they stop for a few days and then start the real sale, that's weird.
    I was kinda right, it is a week of sales in a way haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭event

Its gonna be two months of sales up until Christmas with maybe 1 or 2 days of actual good sales

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Be careful with Amazon, I’ve noticed a lot of goods that are Prime eligible jump in price when you switch address from PW/PM to an Irish address, and it’s not vat either. In some cases Prime delivery disappears as an option when you switch addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,993 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Be careful with Amazon, I’ve noticed a lot of goods that are Prime eligible jump in price when you switch address from PW/PM to an Irish address, and it’s not vat either. In some cases Prime delivery disappears as an option when you switch addresses.

Well some third parties won't ship here.for.free.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

Amazon Smartplug for £9.99

RRP is £24.99 but there are cheaper options from other manufacturers.

Strange T&C on this, apparently the promo code will only work for selected customers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Shows up 24.99 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Shows up 24.99 for me!

I presume you used the code 'SMARTPLUG'? Ordered one of these a couple of weeks back and I think the £9.99 price only appears on the very last screen before the sale goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

johnnykilo wrote:
    I presume you used the code 'SMARTPLUG'? Ordered one of these a couple of weeks back and I think the £9.99 price only appears on the very last screen before the sale goes through.

Yep, it said 'The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.'

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭DuffleBag

hudsonn wrote: »
    Amazon Smartplug for £9.99

RRP is £24.99 but there are cheaper options from other manufacturers.

Strange T&C on this, apparently the promo code will only work for selected customers!

The reviews on that are not good at all by the looks of it. A lot of them tripping the electrics and burning out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

DuffleBag wrote: »
    The reviews on that are not good at all by the looks of it. A lot of them tripping the electrics and burning out.

Yeah I would be careful with any of these things as to what I would allow it to control. The complaints of tripping and burning seem to be mainly from 2018. Seems more positive when you change the review dropdown to Most Recent.

The TP Link plugs are just a bit more at £14.99 and I have their powerline plugs all over the house so I know they are a solid brand.

Kasa Mini Smart Plug by TP-Link, WiFi Outlet, Works with Amazon Alexa(Echo and Echo Dot), Google Home and Samsung SmartThings, Wireless Smart Socket (KP105

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭drogon.

Yeah I would be careful with any of these things as to what I would allow it to control. The complaints of tripping and burning seem to be mainly from 2018. Seems more positive when you change the review dropdown to Most Recent.

The TP Link plugs are just a bit more at £14.99 and I have their powerline plugs all over the house so I know they are a solid brand.

Kasa Mini Smart Plug by TP-Link, WiFi Outlet, Works with Amazon Alexa(Echo and Echo Dot), Google Home and Samsung SmartThings, Wireless Smart Socket (KP105

I got this last week, pretty decent as well - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z942YWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is kind of odd though, Tapo and Kasa are two different lines and have their own App. But one could add it to Google Home and control both from the same App.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

drogon. wrote: »
    I got this last week, pretty decent as well - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07Z942YWS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is kind of odd though, Tapo and Kasa are two different lines and have their own App. But one could add it to Google Home and control both from the same App.

Ordered the exact same one myself yesterday for my Christmas tree lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I bought one when it was 9.99 on prime day. It burnt out after a few hours, but I did have an extension lead with a few things plugged in drawing a lot of current. It was no hassle sending back and I got a replacement sent out immediately all with only having to deal with the chatbot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

drogon. wrote: »

I use these for lamps with no issues
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07N3BV3CD?ref=pd_basp_dp_primary

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

Is this toothbrush worth getting now or will there be better value on Black Friday toothbrushes? Seems like a great discount on this today

Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush, 1 Black App Connected Handle, 5 Modes with Sensitive and Gum Care, Pressure Sensor, 3 Brush Heads, Travel Case, 2 Pin UK Plug, Gift for Men/Women https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0835DXMY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dlC_si6MFb3J93FST?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Brego888

Newport81 wrote: »
    Is this toothbrush worth getting now or will there be better value on Black Friday toothbrushes? Seems like a great discount on this today

Oral-B Genius 8000 Electric Toothbrush, 1 Black App Connected Handle, 5 Modes with Sensitive and Gum Care, Pressure Sensor, 3 Brush Heads, Travel Case, 2 Pin UK Plug, Gift for Men/Women https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0835DXMY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dlC_si6MFb3J93FST?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

From reading the reviews it seems its been down to £70 going back as far as 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

Newport81 wrote: »

Always worth looking at the "3 camels":
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0835DXMY6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

What's the difference between the kasa and tapo plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,327 ✭✭✭bladespin

paddym1 wrote: »
    Always worth looking at the "3 camels":
    https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0835DXMY6

Great site, thanks, waiting patiently for a Nintendo Switch deal, fingers crossed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Not much besides the form factor, and the kasa plug has an energy monitoring option. But I much prefer the tapo plug for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭ted1

calnand wrote: »
    Not much besides the form factor, and the kasa plug has an energy monitoring option. But I much prefer the tapo plug for size.

Hi I prefer the teckin smart plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

ted1 wrote: »
    Hi I prefer the teckin smart plugs.

+1 for the Teckin. Just make sure you pick up the round shape rather than square. They have a smaller footprint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭drogon.

I have both, but the kasa one I have doesn’t have energy monitoring. You can get kasa ones with it on, but not tapo if I recall.

I think both have identical features otherwise - can set timer, timed turn off or on, away mode etc. But Kasa is way too bulky than tapo and the tapo has an option to turn off the led light indicator at night, which isn’t available on my kasa. Small feature but I like it, especially when placing in the bedroom.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement