Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,610 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Basil3 wrote: »
    Bear in mind that this has been added to the terms of the offer:

Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.

B'tards.
    I'd say that will knock out a good few people getting these if 48 won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

since the terms went into effect 16th oct onwards, people who ported before that should be fine id presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?

These are the t&c's for the offer.
    The last line is only valid since Friday 16th so anyone who has ordered before then should get their buds but it's a moving the goalposts decision and won't be appreciated.
    So 18 days into the offer, Vodafone have decided to change the t&c's and remove 2 operators from the list.
    Also in the t&c's, it states it is "Students" offer?
    Free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds when you switch to Vodafone X (without a handset) Online Promotion Campus Tour September/October 2020 Terms and Conditions
    These terms and conditions apply to the promotional offer pursuant to which students can receive a set of free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds (worth €139 RRP) if they (i) switch to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, without the purchase of a handset, and (ii) top up by €20 or more in one go (the “Offer”). These terms will apply in addition to the General Terms and Conditions under which you enjoy access to Vodafone's Mobile Telecommunications Services (found here: https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/pay-as-you-go.html) and any applicable service specific terms.
    - This Offer is available to Eligible Customers only. Eligibility is determined in accordance with the terms and conditions.
    - Eligible Customers means new student customers who port to Vodafone X from another network provider (excluding Lyca Mobile) using our online channel. This Offer excludes Vodafone customers moving from any other Vodafone plan to Vodafone X. This Offer excludes customers moving from any other network to Vodafone X who also purchase a handset.
    - To avail of this Offer, Eligible Customers must; (i) successfully port to Vodafone X from another network (excluding Lyca Mobile), using our online channel, between the dates of 28th September 2020 to 30th October 2020 inclusive, (ii) top up by at least €20 or more within 14 days of the request to port, and (iii) have used their phone in one of the following ways: make an outgoing phone call, send a text message or avail of data services within 14 days of the request to port.
    - Eligible Customers who satisfy the Offer conditions will receive a unique code via SMS within 14 days of satisfying the above criteria, along with instructions on how to redeem their free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds on the online Vodafone accessories portal (https://www.vodafonefaf.ie/collections/free-galaxy-buds-2019-sep-2020). The code will remain valid for 7 days at which point it will expire.
    - Customers who believe they satisfy the Offer conditions but who have not received a code via SMS must contact Vodafone customer care by 30th November 2020 to investigate or they will be deemed to have forfeited any and all entitlements pursuant to this Offer. Vodafone’s determination in respect thereof shall be final.
    - Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.
    - Once the order process is complete, the free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds will be delivered to the customer’s provided address on the Vodafone accessories portal within 5 working days.
    - This Offer cannot be claimed in conjunction with any other Vodafone offer, including but not limited to the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme. For the avoidance of doubt, customers who join Vodafone X as referees through the Refer a Friend programme are not eligible to receive free Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds pursuant to this Offer but this does not exclude students who avail of this Offer from subsequently partaking in the Vodafone X Refer a Friend programme as referrers.
    - The Samsung Galaxy Wireless Ear Buds cannot be exchanged for cash.
    - This Offer is strictly subject to availability and while stocks last.

Effective from 16 October 2020:
    Customers moving from Tesco /48 are not eligible to avail of this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Turning into an absolute shambles.

• Advertisement

Whats the logic of excluding tesco and 48?

I'd guess more applications than they were expecting which is probably due to this thread! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Spn744

Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.

Spn744 wrote: »
    Very bad form from Vodafone. I ordered the sim on the 16th so hopefully it is still valid but I won’t be topping up by €20 until I get confirmation that I’ll still get the offer and I’d recommend anyone else to do the same from 48/Tesco.

It feels to me like a €20 raffle for a chance to win the earbuds rather than guaranteed item.

I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.

I'd say you're fine if you went through the signup process and got the text through to the number you're porting from. That's probably the only place it could fail if they're blocking ports from certain networks.

Their pixel 3a offer said you couldn't port from Lyca, and multiple people did, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just a safer bet to port from Eir or something.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully all will be good because it’s an amazing offer to be fair!

Would imagine because the sim is free, people would use 48 if they didn't want to port their own numbers over.
    Any there any other free sims around?

• Advertisement

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Would imagine because the sim is free, people would use 48 if they didn't want to port their own numbers over.
    Any there any other free sims around?

If you search Eir free SIM card you get it for no required top up or shopping cost

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭pandaa

Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

So its a student offer...glad i did not get ported or topped up..had used 48 SIM !! Good luck to anyone who will get the code !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

So its a student offer...glad i did not get ported or topped up..had used 48 SIM !! Good luck to anyone who will get the code !!

How are they supposed to know someone is a student or not. There was no such question when signing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

bromley52 wrote: »
    How are they supposed to know someone is a student or not. There was no such question when signing up.

Same way they expect us to know order was placed without getting any confirmation email😊😊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭bren2001

I assume nobody has gotten the text yet with the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Got my Vodafone SIM this morning - put it in and getting the 'SIM not provisioned' message others have. Assume this is because the port hasn't gone through yet as I still have signal on my old SIM. How long does the port usually take after receiving the SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

They eventually sent me out a sim after forgetting the 1st time to put it in the envelope, contacted chat to be told the port had failed. I'd get onto the chat to see where your port is at.

Fine print - Student offer

Is it even possible to get onto webchat if you're not registered for MyVodafone?

• Advertisement

pandaa wrote: »
    Fine print - Student offer

I wouldn't be concerned by that. Vodafone X used to be a student only offer, but anyone could get it. They also ran a free headphones offer for students last year which I claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Yes it should be, I did.

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Is it even possible to get onto webchat if you're not registered for MyVodafone?
    Found the option in the app - thanks

Strictly one Offer per customer/account/household/IP address.

Easy enough to bypass those restrictions if you wanted ;).

Apparently my port failed because I did not include an MSISDN number when porting, even though I was not asked for it and there is no way of including it. :rolleyes:

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Easy enough to bypass those restrictions if you wanted ;).

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

One to your address, one to next doors in your name mixed up, one to parents/OH/mate/work address and so on.

Examples:
    One to Joe Bloggs, 1 Main Street, Anywhere.
    One to Mr Blogg, 2 Main Street, might need to say it to next door neighbour first?
    One to JoeB loggs or name in Irish at Number 1 Main Street or Main Street Number 1 etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭Raoul

Got the vodafone sim with the number already ported over to it. Topped up and now, it is a waiting game for the text :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Anyone get the text for the free Galaxy buds yet? I topped up on the 15th of October and have yet to receive the text....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭otterj

Spoke to agent, said they needed proof that im a student!! Thats €20 down the swanny

Advertisement