Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MSX プレミアムトーク Sexy Fever Premium Chat™

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    SONY HitBit HB-F1XD

Just looking at the only two on ebay.ie, wow, dat price :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

MSX.org forums is a better bet for good prices. Guy called daniel, always has good deals on re-furbished machines ie: drives often fail on the MSX2 & 2+ so he replaces then and often upgrades the ram as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

The Guvna™©® has nappies that claim to have 12 hours of dryness.

I borrowed a few after seeing this box art recently. It's beautiful......

...and I'm dry too! :D

eZ9DEaF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love the way this forum goes through mad phases. Everyone was buying Veccys at one point, there there was a plethora of candy cabs, PCE time... now it seems to have turned into MSX Sexy Fever Premium Chat Turbo R go! go! 64 land.

When will all the X68000s start rolling in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »

Don't start that !!! Still have a mortgage to pay off :)

EEVBlog recently done a teardown on a freebie one..

• Advertisement

Funny you should say that. I've got a Kryoflux kit winging it's way to me as I type this and a pile of X68000, PC-9801 and FM-Towns floppy disks already here waiting to be preserved.

It's my new thing. I can't really afford the time to play games and manicure a collection any more. So I am going to play the odd game when I can for now and spend the rest of my free time researching and preserving software. Be that through software preservation or collecting data from obscure books, guides etc in the hopes someone will translate them, but also to get the information out there and scanned at a decent resolution (I won't debind though).

A lot of stuff has been dumped for emulators. But it is possible a lot of stuff out there has been dumped 'incorrectly', so to speak (that's a pretty loose and lax term to use but is the most appropriate I can think of right now, sorry). I am going to try and preserve at the lowest possible level (the actual magnetic flux of the disk). It's possibly overkill, but it's going to be my new hobby for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Funny you should say that. I've got a Kryoflux kit winging it's way to me as I type this and a pile of X68000, PC-9801 and FM-Towns floppy disks already here waiting to be preserved.

It's my new thing. I can't really afford the time to play games and manicure a collection any more. So I am going to play the odd game when I can for now and spend the rest of my free time researching and preserving software. Be that through software preservation or collecting data from obscure books, guides etc in the hopes someone will translate them, but also to get the information out there and scanned at a decent resolution (I won't debind though).

A lot of stuff has been dumped for emulators. But it is possible a lot of stuff out there has been dumped 'incorrectly', so to speak (that's a pretty loose and lax term to use but is the most appropriate I can think of right now, sorry). I am going to try and preserve at the lowest possible level (the actual magnetic flux of the disk). It's possibly overkill, but it's going to be my new hobby for now. :)

I've an X68000 XVI and X68000 PRO II(I think it's a Pro II but its packed away in storage so not 100 percent on that one, it's a white box) if you need an disks checked or played before archiving them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve x2 has 2 x68000 and nobody is surprised :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Steve x2 has 2 x68000 and nobody is surprised :D

Haha, well they look completely different. One is black and sexy, the other is white/yellow and was free :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love the way this forum goes through mad phases. Everyone was buying Veccys at one point, there there was a plethora of candy cabs, PCE time... now it seems to have turned into MSX Sexy Fever Premium Chat Turbo R go! go! 64 land.

Think my Veccy is the only one that works, and its still working!
    Thanks to Bandit!

Thankfully the CDi buying frenzy never occurred, despite the best efforts of Retr0 to convert us to his cause.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Think my Veccy is the only one that works, and its still working!
    Thanks to Bandit!

Thankfully the CDi buying frenzy never occurred, despite the best efforts of Retr0 to convert us to his cause.

I really really should try and fix my one :confused:

My veccy works fine. It just sounds like there's a bee the size of a rat living inside it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

My Veccy works great even after being delivered in a binbag :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Woo hoo!
    The Veccy Survivors Club in full effect!

HEY...get a room weirdos !!

LongZ wrote: »
    HEY...get a room weirdos !!

They did but the noise of all them buzzing Vectrexesses drove everyone insane :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,801 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I need to get some graph paper for Maze of Galious.

Ah but Etrian Odyssey thought me the joys of good map keeping :)

Who wants some MSX gradius ?
    11694155_487660864733664_3886476150368697200_n.jpg?oh=444185b5a2f6ffb4a0a5b8db1b97e066&oe=5613FB8E

• Advertisement

LongZ wrote: »
    Who wants some MSX gradius ?
    11694155_487660864733664_3886476150368697200_n.jpg?oh=444185b5a2f6ffb4a0a5b8db1b97e066&oe=5613FB8E

Drool....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Daaaaaaaaaamn thats sweet !

MSX king

Just finished this for those interested in the Story of the MSX :

Now THAT is Sexy Premium Fever Chat™!!!!

looks like the video also made it to the news headlines of www.msx.org :D

MSX adapter for the gamegear ! :o

going up on retrowareTV later .
    It's not strictly msx or retro... but it is...but not really. Cool little free game to try though.

Premium Fever? :)

4JNYoIK.jpg?1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Are you preserving those? :)

• Advertisement

Strange this got bumped since I took my MSX out of hibernation again last night. Played Space Manbow again, worth every over priced yen I paid for it. Also had a blast at Gradius and Gradius Episode 2. The choppy scrolling hurts the eyes a bit but both are excellent games and a great addition to any MSX collection.

Advertisement