Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Retro Shops/Bargains/Auction Links

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd buy that NTSC slimline ps2 if I had the room for it.

But that's why it's slim ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Feckin hell man, seems like every few months you try to flog your collection!

I'd buy that NTSC slimline ps2 if I had the room for it.

It does seem that way. I'm going back over to Canada at the end of the year for a year and tbh I have too much stuff that I don't play or finished with. If I can get a few bob for it and it goes towards my funds then that will be great.

Was in Rage today - they have Parodius (cart only) for Super Nintendo plus Super Mario All-Star's (boxed), Donkey Kong Country (boxed) and another Mario game I can't think of.... gogogogo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

dont suppose you know how much mario allstars boxed is?

15 European Euro's. Well worth it in my opinion, the box was near mint. I was surprised, I'd imagine they could have gotten atleast 20 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,369 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is the battery still holding saves or does it need to be changed? I've yet to come across an AllStars cart that still saves.

Ah well I couldn't tell you O1s1n, I was just looking at the box. My All-Star's cart still saves but it's NTSC if that makes any difference. Also I just remembered Super Mario World was there for 15 Euro as well.

Master of the Universe

Ah sorry, I read it too fast. Thought you said you bought it.

I wouldn't mind picking up Parodius. Might take a trip over tomorrow morning if I'm not too lazy.

Tomorrow is Saturday and as such you are bound to be quite busy being lazy, but I've heard good things about that game, mostly that it's a mad weird Japanese shoot 'em up.

Master of the Universe

I love the name..

'Lets make a parody of Gradius..but what to call it?'

'Parody of Gradius...'

'Parody...Gradius'

Paro...dius?

'Bingo!'

• Advertisement

Augmerson wrote: »
    15 European Euro's. Well worth it in my opinion, the box was near mint. I was surprised, I'd imagine they could have gotten atleast 20 for it.

I ran down and bought it before i headed home! Cheers!

keithgeo wrote: »
    I ran down and bought it before i headed home! Cheers!

Commission for me! *Sound of a Till Register being opened*

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/resident-evil-4-gamecube/423976

Resident Evil 4 Edition Gamecube (Silver) with RE4 controller and a copy of RE4 - unboxed but at 35 euro a bargain I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

http://www.adverts.ie/nintendo/resident-evil-4-gamecube/423976

Resident Evil 4 Edition Gamecube (Silver) with RE4 controller and a copy of RE4 - unboxed but at 35 euro a bargain I think.

I thought you meant the RE chainsaw controller there for a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Master of the Universe

Irish seller selling some good MD games for good prices -

http://shop.ebay.ie/gerardjekk/m.html

Apart from SOR 3, which is a bit mental at €60

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Irish seller selling some good MD games for good prices -

http://shop.ebay.ie/gerardjekk/m.html

Apart from SOR 3, which is a bit mental at €60

How do you read the Sega Saturn magazine auction? Is he selling one mag for €8 + €4 postage? Robbery that is.

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How do you read the Sega Saturn magazine auction? Is he selling one mag for €8 + €4 postage? Robbery that is.

Wtf, so he is. I thought it was €8 for the lot!

Ico for 9.99 in that new game place on Grafton Street. Now it's the plastic box edition, but I still think that isn't a bad price for Ico. It's on the bottom shelf of the PS2 stuff, nearest to the right. At the moment, it's going for over 9 GBP on Ebay and that's a live auction, so worth it I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jambolian

Hey, unless it was already mentioned there is a new second hand games shop opened up on the top of grafton street, 3D Gaming, they have a good selection of old and new games, they go as far back as NES! :pac:

• Advertisement

I didnt think they had NES games? Hmm.. might have to take a wander down, last time i was only they only had cd based games.

Master of the Universe

They have some cart stuff at the counter. Nothing nearly as extensive as RAGE the last time I was in. Maybe they've expanded it a bit.

Ill report back after lunch! ;)

I saw no NES games or consoles there yesterday. Saw a Super Nintendo for 55 or 60 euro, can't remember now, and some games (Super Swiv was there - no idea of price) that was it really.

had a walk down, no NES games, just a yellowed overpriced snes and about 10 unboxed games.. its no RAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Ico for 9.99 in that new game place on Grafton Street. Now it's the plastic box edition, but I still think that isn't a bad price for Ico. It's on the bottom shelf of the PS2 stuff, nearest to the right. At the moment, it's going for over 9 GBP on Ebay and that's a live auction, so worth it I think.
    I remember being in Gamestop a few years back and seeing Ico for something like €4.99. I had no idea what the game was at the time but the cover art looked so plain that I didn't pick it up. I looked it up online when I got home but when I went back to get it, it had been sold. Can't wait for the HD remake of it and "Shadow of the Colossus" next month.

I picked up Cool spot for the megadrive in that new game place for €8 in mint condition.

Where's this Rage place? I've seen it mentioned in a few threads now and really want to take a look. I usually rely on car-boot sales and charity shops to get my old games

Master of the Universe

Rage is on Fade Street. It's about a million times better than 3D games for older stuff.

its on fade street, near stephens green. great stock of old games and consoles in it usually. megadrive, snes, nes, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

Sounds great. I'm fairly lacking in terms of Nintendo consoles (I only have the NES). I was looking to pick up a SNES but I was wondering if it has regional lockout? I have a few Japanese Final Fantasy games and was wondering if they'd work on a PAL SNES.
    To that fella looking for a dreamcast, I got one off adverts a few months back for €30 including postage up from Cork. Finding games and a memory card for it is a different story though

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Region lock out and running in ****ty PAL 50hz letterbox format. You'd really need to get one modded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement