Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terraonion Mega CD FPGA Cartridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,391 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Relikk wrote: »

Holy crap!! How the feck is that even possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

What I find amazing is that it runs on the Nomad, as well. Albeit with a slightly modded Nomad.

https://youtu.be/8fE0GR9prQE?t=20m27s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Wow amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Give them a few months to iron out all the bugs.... the PC-Engine one they released had a lot of issues and customer support isn't great allegedly.

Give them a few months to iron out all the bugs.... the PC-Engine one they released had a lot of issues and customer support isn't great allegedly.

The people that worked on fixing the PCE ODE helped to test this (FirebrandX and Voultar), so it should be fine. Their customer support isn't too bad. I've had issues in the past with my NeoSD and they were always helpful, but then again I helped them clean up the broken English in their PCE ODE user manual so they probably felt like they owed me a favour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

It is a great way to save our failing Mega CD systems and is also a flash cart for the usual stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

But what about us elite few who want to play the 4 (I think) CD32x games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

It supports 32X games but requires the 32X itself, can someone explain?

If this was a tad cheaper it would be a better solution to an Everdrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

It supports loading of 32X roms and presumably the 6 32X-MegaCD games but ya you need to provide the 32X lump yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Advertisement

It supports loading of 32X roms and presumably the 6 32X-MegaCD games but ya you need to provide the 32X lump yourself.

Think I'd read on one of the overviews that it won't be able to run the, admittedly, few 32XCD efforts due to the manner of the implementation. 32X grand with an existing 32X, Mega or Sega CD grand, MD and Master System grand - apart from Virtua Racing of course.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    It supports 32X games but requires the 32X itself, can someone explain?

The 32X itself isn't emulated on the FPGA like the Mega CD is, like The Last Bandit said... you still need the hardware connected to play 32X games.
    McDermotX wrote: »
    Think I'd read on one of the overviews that it won't be able to run the, admittedly, few 32XCD efforts due to the manner of the implementation.

Terraonion have said that you can connect the cart to the port on the side of the Mega Drive that connects to the Mega CD, but it needs an adapter which they are thinking about producing if there is enough demand to play those CD32X games.

Starting to ship now, which is a nice surprise out of the blue.

I received mine last week. Got stung for €72 when it arrived in the country as the company is now based in Andorra, and there was no VAT added on when I ordered it when it was announced.

Aye.......Probably DHL was it ?
    Can't ever seem to avoid it with them, whereas FedEx have slipped up on their last two shipments for me.
    It's annoying , but sure what can you do.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Aye.......Probably DHL was it ?

It sure was. It was fine when they were in Spain. Bought a Neo Geo MVS flash cart and the PC Engine ODE in the past and there were never any problems like that with DHL.

Advertisement