Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pull up/Chin up grips

Options
  • 12-06-2019 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭

Hoping someone can help me.

By far my favourite grip for pulling up/chinning up is the narrowest handles as shown in this pic.

frame_color:496

I like to hold them right out at the tips of them. Just seems to be the most shoulder friendly and comfortable grip for me personally. Theyre sort of shaped like horns and they tilt up.

I would love a home pull up bar with grips like this but any I have seen only have the other two types on them, wide and neutral.

Has anyone seen anything or can they recommend anything for me?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Are you looking for a door frame pull up bar that has this grip? I've never seen one, as you say it's always the other 2.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

You could always use rings the grips are not set so you can adjust width and they rotate to whatever position you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Brian? wrote: »
    Are you looking for a door frame pull up bar that has this grip? I've never seen one, as you say it's always the other 2.

Yes, ideally thats what I would like.

You could always use rings the grips are not set so you can adjust width and they rotate to whatever position you want.

Could you link to what you mean please?

Gymnastic rings infinite possible hand positions and a nice wooden pair is about 20 euro on amazon. Guy in this vid uses similar hand position your looking for at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESF3YdVt5RM

• Advertisement

It looks like you would always just be at the bottom of the rings?

If you tried to grip higher it would just slide around and bring you back to the bottom?

....... wrote: »
    It looks like you would always just be at the bottom of the rings?

If you tried to grip higher it would just slide around and bring you back to the bottom?

What do you mean grip higher? As in do support holds above them or something?

What do you mean grip higher? As in do support holds above them or something?

In the image I originally posted, the grip I prefer means that my hands are held with palms facing me, in a tilted up grip position - thats the part I prefer. Both the wide and neutral grips have the hands in a horizontal grip.

But the rings look like they will always rotate so that your hands are in a horizontal grip (whether facing toward or away etc..).

Ah I see I thought they were just a slightly inward neutral grip. In that case you would probably need to find a steel fabricator to do a custom rig for you have not seen similar on anything other than randomly on squat racks or cable machines.

Ah I see I thought they were just a slightly inward neutral grip. In that case you would probably need to find a steel fabricator to do a custom rig for you have not seen similar on anything other than randomly on squat racks or cable machines.

Yep, thats exactly the problem!

Appreciate the input though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gottanage

Great to have that at home

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could possibly put bicycle barends on a regular chinup bar pointing upwards.

tioga-power-stud-carbon-bar-ends-EV170579-9400-1.jpg

passport_bar_ends_buy.jpg

Problem is most of them seem to be single piece designed to slip on, while a 2 piece would be needed if putting on most chinup bars.

Advertisement