Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comments on components and price requested

• 07-06-2019 4:48pm

Hope this is ok. I'm looking at getting a gaming PC built on custompc.ie. Much as I've enjoyed building my own in the past, my eyesight is crocked, and I fear bending a pin or losing a screw and shorting out the mobo. The value on the build looks ok to my eyes and I like the collect and return policy.

I started here and changed quite a few defaults
    https://www.custompc.ie/amd-custom-gaming-desktop-pcs-dublin-cork/amd-ryzen-5-gaming-pcs-custom-desktop-dublin-cork.html_intel_amd_business_pcs

Would plan to later add an extra stick of RAM, and a 4Tb HDD. I know very little about the graphics card, and am open for going with a far cheaper option and updating for something beefier later. This one is supposedly VR ready, and I'd love to investigate VR sim racing, if that was an option. 4k gaming with playable framerates would be nice, but not possible in a sub €1k build, I fear - unless I spec up later?

If I'm honest, don't know if I'm hitting the sweet spot with the mobo or cpu, if I needed to spec the PSU up from 500 to 600w, or if the jump from 2400MHz RAM to 2666MHz is worth the premium.

Take me to school please! :o

CIT Venom Blue LED Mid Tower Case
    AMD® Ryzen 5™ 1600X Six Core Processor - 3.60GHZ - 19Mb Cache
    AMD Factory Processor Cooler
    GIGABYTE A320M-S2H
    8GB DDR4 2400MHZ ( 1 x 8GB) - ADATA PREMIER
    AMD Radeon RX580 8GB GDDR5 - VR READY
    SSD - ADATA 512GB 2.5" READ 560 / WRITE 525 MB/s
    TorQue 600 WATT 80+ CERTIFIED BRONZE
    BullGuard Internet Security 2019 (1 YEAR UPDATES) - FREE WITH YOUR PC
    No Operating Installed
    2 Year Warranty - Next Business Day Collection & Return - Lifetime Support
    IRISH / UK 3 PIN 1.8 Metre Power Cable ( IRELAND & UK )
    Total Price:
    €935.77

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,464 ✭✭✭Inviere

Just scanning the specs really quickly, it seems very very overpriced for a gen 1 Ryzen system on an a320 mobo with 'slow' ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,121 ✭✭✭game4it70

Don't use custompc as they are extremely horrendous to deal with.
    Do a search on them here and you will find a lot of unhappy customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Jesus use just about anyone other than custompc.ie

Thanks for the replies - didn't realise they had a bad rep.

Assuming my eyesight cuts the mustard, and I do my own build, anyone suggest a self-build parts list for similar budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Thanks for the replies - didn't realise they had a bad rep.

Assuming my eyesight cuts the mustard, and I do my own build, anyone suggest a self-build parts list for similar budget?

Plenty of help on these forums if needed. Just sayin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ryzen 3000 series releases on 7. July, I'd wait for that.

Especially since it will likely make previous CPUs obsolete & drive down their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Here is a better spec machine for €300 cheaper with better components.

Here is a better spec machine for €300 cheaper with better components.

You're doin' God's work, son. Thanks.

Advertisement