Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PC Case to fit in an Ikea Shelf

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not to hijack, but what's the difference between the normal noctua's, and the nicer looking redux range (other than being more visually appealing)?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As I understand it, the Redux range are older models of their fans made with, I presume, slightly cheaper materials as they cost a chunk less.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The Redux range also don't come with those nice rubber corner pieces.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Did you end up doing this Shim? Thinking about something similar myself at the moment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I did, it's built and performing very well. It even made a trip to the wilds of Mayo with me for the Christmas visit (cause all Mayo and no play makes Dav something something). The only thing I can ever hear is the fans on the 970 and it's barely audible (I say with a caveat that I'm really deaf after too many years of unfiltered heavy metal gigs and rehearsals). I'll get some pics up on the relevant thread, but I'm very happy with the results and DeV's just as happy with his too (the only difference being that he's got a 5700XT powering his graphics).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Ended up doing this with the Core V21 and it worked out pretty well.

Will have to take a few pics (once I tidy my office!)

Advertisement