Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30/P30 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hmmm, wouldn't fill me with confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

fennor72 wrote: »
    MarkY91 wrote:
    That's mad. So what's going on? A guessing game until they arrive?

It looks like it. I don't know what to do now, no earphone jack, no stereo speakers I can live with but the dual SIM would have been handy to have, it's been a very disappointing launch. I was even hoping the watch would be part of the opening offer, but instead we get a speaker that I have no interest in but will be a pain in the ass to sell because adverts will be saturated with them in a few weeks.

The only reason I'm getting the phone now is to sell the speaker to gain some cash back so I can't really wait until it's our and check here if it's dual SIM or not.

I think I'll cancel my pre order and wait for a price drop on a dual SIM model.

Btw guys, if you're canceling, you'll have to call three. The live chat can't cancel it. They are quite useless.

Deepaks last message to me on live chat...

"As of now we are unable to confirm, You need to wait until the phone gets launched."

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I've been on to three again and they
    again have said it's single and locked, this lad seemed to know what he was talking about, he said the only dual SIM they sell is the Samsung s10, it's primary sim slot is locked to three but the hybrid can be used for any sim. To unlock a phone there must be a minimum of 300 euros spent on the contact.

again have said it's single and locked, this lad seemed to know what he was talking about, he said the only dual SIM they sell is the Samsung s10, it's primary sim slot is locked to three but the hybrid can be used for any sim. To unlock a phone there must be a minimum of 300 euros spent on the contact.

Ah **** that. I'll be calling them to cancel my order in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

He clearly has no idea what he is talking... I know, as I am writing this from the contrary...

MarkY91 wrote: »

Don't. Get the phone delivered, and if you don't like it, you have two weeks to return it no questions asked.

MarkY91 wrote:

I think I will too, too many negitives, I might go with the Samsung s10 the only other phone I was looking at was the mate 20 pro, but they don't stock it anymore.

grogi wrote:
    He clearly has no idea what he is talking... I know, as I am writing this from the contrary...

What do you mean? It's not just him, three separate ops at different times of the day have said the same thing.

grogi wrote: »

Don't. Get the phone delivered, and if you don't like it, you have two weeks to return it no questions asked.

Hmm. So three will accept a refund within 2 weeks?

I'd at least like to try it out and see if I like the massive size somaored to my s9.

• Advertisement

What do you mean? It's not just him, three separate ops at different times of the day have said the same thing.

This https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/xiaomi-redmi-note-5/?src=p is dual sim... Unless I don't know what I have :D

Hmm. So three will accept a refund within 2 weeks?

I'd at least like to try it out and see if I like the massive size somaored to my s9.

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/shopping/buying-online/your-rights-online/#Changeofmind

grogi wrote:
    is dual sim... Unless I don't know what I have

Ah I get you now, I meant three separate ops have told me the p30 pro is not dual and locked.
    Is it a case that your phone is locked to three and the secondary sim slot is available for any other sim, like they said for the Samsung s10

Ah I get you now, I meant three separate ops have told me the p30 pro is not dual and locked.
    Is it a case that your phone is locked to three and the secondary sim slot is available for any other sim, like they said for the Samsung s10

No, it came fully unlocked.

I got an email from three today.
    Thank you for your recent Order

We are in the process of re-stocking an item you requested and unfortunately this will result in a delay to your order.

The expected new delivery date for your order is 2019-04-05. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I assume 2019-04-05 means April the 5th. Or should I be worried?

Cienciano wrote: »
    I got an email from three today.
    Thank you for your recent Order

We are in the process of re-stocking an item you requested and unfortunately this will result in a delay to your order.

The expected new delivery date for your order is 2019-04-05. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I assume 2019-04-05 means April the 5th. Or should I be worried?

When did you order? I haven't got such an email. I ordered on Saturday night

I ordered Sunday morning. About 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I need to have the phone delivered to my place of work (I won't be there). Will Three deliver this to the mailroom there or do I need to be there? It says it will "only deliver to you in person".

I figure it's DPD though and they generally don't care and Id imagine they won't make a special exception just for Three deliveries?

FatRat wrote: »
    I need to have the phone delivered to my place of work (I won't be there). Will Three deliver this to the mailroom there or do I need to be there? It says it will "only deliver to you in person".

I figure it's DPD though and they generally don't care and Id imagine they won't make a special exception just for Three deliveries?

I got phones delivered to work from 3 before, security man always signed for them. Never a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

dan786 wrote: »
    They lied. Firstly someone sitting in India wouldnt know, secondly they never tell you its dual sim. They will always say locked and single sim no matter what.

Example being the S10 series. All were dual sim unlocked but every carrier when asked said single sim and locked.

Guy in 3 Grafton St said they were locked to 3 so I went an ordered from Carphone Warehouse for €699 for P30. I'll be fairly pissed if 3 is selling them unlocked for €116 cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

Griffinx wrote: »
    Guy in 3 Grafton St said they were locked to 3 so I went an ordered from Carphone Warehouse for €699 for P30. I'll be fairly pissed if 3 is selling them unlocked for €116 cheaper

They say this about every new release and the first batch of every new release is unlocked. It's what they're told to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

I ordered over the phone yesterday, as I managed to get an early, early upgrade. Received message last night to say it was dispatched. But then another this morning to say it is out of stock. So Friday it is :)
    Yes the first batch from Three are normally unlocked

All the S10's were unlocked. You might have spend that €116 unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

All the S10's were unlocked. You might have spend that €116 unnecessarily.

No guarantee of course and if I waited to find out, I would have lost out on the Sonos deal :o

Griffinx wrote: »
    No guarantee of course and if I waited to find out, I would have lost out on the Sonos deal :o

Oh yeah, forgot about the sonos deal. We can all pretend it's locked to make you feel better :pac:

MoodeRator wrote: »
    I ordered over the phone yesterday, as I managed to get an early, early upgrade. Received message last night to say it was dispatched. But then another this morning to say it is out of stock. So Friday it is :)

I've not had any contact from them since the receipt the night I pre ordered :(

MoodeRator wrote: »

I assume your date in the email was 2019-04-05. A weird way to write a date. I thought they meant 4th of May when I read it.

I assume your date in the email was 2019-04-05. A weird way to write a date. I thought they meant 4th of May when I read it.

That "weird way" is actually standardised in ISO 8601...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

Anyone picked up a case for their p30 pro yet? Was on Amazon earlier and annoyingly all the Spigen cases won't deliver here. Sending to parcel Motel is just adding more expense...

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    That "weird way" is actually standardised in ISO 8601...

But I'm a human, not an excel spreadsheet. :pac:

Advertisement