Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Gym in South Dublin?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gael23 wrote: »
    I would be delighted if I was earning €30 an hour.

It wouldn't be a net figure. Some goes to the gym.

And they're not likely to be training people every hour of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what sort of prices personal trainers tend to charge in Flyefit for stuff like one session to do a workout plan?

Trying to decide whether I'd be better off joining a traditional gym with programmes included, or paying for a session say once every couple of months. Not hugely interested in meal plans or constant one to one sessions, just need someone to come up with a routine or two and make sure I won't hurt myself doing it!

If you're just looking for a programme there's no need to go paying anyone for them. There's loads of ones out there freely available by top class coaches and it's not even through piracy. Apps like Zero to Hero and Strong have a number of ones if that's the way you like to have them. I personally prefer spreadsheets. A good starting place is here: https://thefitness.wiki/routines/

Obviously there's any number of reasons using a trainer may be better for you, just pointing out options.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

It wouldn't be a net figure. Some goes to the gym.

And they're not likely to be training people every hour of the day.
    plus tax you pay and vat also

€30 per session is very very low to the point of minimum wage

• Registered Users Posts: 14 porsche987

Another option is Energie Fitness located in the Belarmine Plaza Stepaside. Excellent value for money with lots of classes included, very clean new club, friendly trainers, good Precor equipment, Personal Training available, not too busy at peak times

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I had an hour to kill this morning so went to Flyfit in Sallynoggin , lovely gym, everything is new and the place was empty, parking outside. Its a bit far from me to use on a regular basis unfortunately.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’ve joined Flyefit Dundrum. Early days but I don’t think I like the layout. It’s over three levels so you have to configure your workout so as your not switching between floors constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’ve joined Flyefit Dundrum. Early days but I don’t think I like the layout. It’s over three levels so you have to configure your workout so as your not switching between floors constantly

One of the worst Flyefits.

Stillorgan is nicer and all on one level.

Liffey Valley and Sallynoggin are two of the newer gyms and much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Esse85 wrote: »
    One of the worst Flyefits.

Stillorgan is nicer and all on one level.

Liffey Valley and Sallynoggin are two of the newer gyms and much nicer.

The location of Flyefit Stillorgan is just a bit out of the way for me. I work in Sandyford and live near Dundrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 MilaM

any feedback on classes in Flyefit Stillorgan. Are the likes of yoga difficult to book?

Advertisement