Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

jaxxx wrote: »
    I'm on the fence about getting it honestly. I haven't played a single AC since Black Flag, and the general consensus of reviews I've read say it's just as good if not better. I couldn't care less about forking out extra dough for the season pass or anything like that, I've never done it for a single game and I don't plan in starting now. Watching some vids on it right now and it has piqued my interest. Though I admit right now I have no interest in the exploration part of it so I'll chicken out and go for the "hold me by the hand" approach :D

Ive played all the AC games. Got origins 2weeks ago and so far its the best of the lot! one of the most addictive games ive played in years. odyssey apparently surpasses it so ill defo be getting it once I complete origins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I took a peek of gameplay on twitch, guy was running around with a long ass spear, he gets spotted and guards start chasing after him, he runs into bushes to hide.

The guards stop and circle around the bushes, scratching their heads and wondering where has he gone.. Yet none of them notice the giant long ass spear sticking out of the bushes and moving around all by itself :confused:

I'm thinking it was a big mistake to have a spear as the main weapon in a stealth based game about assassins :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have no ****ing will power, pulled the trigger!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yer man skill up while loving the game claims its too long and too vast and he is bored after 50 hours.
    Thing is ive often seen him complain about games being too short too :P
    ACG as always does a great review.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dcully wrote: »
    Yer man skill up while loving the game claims its too long and too vast and he is bored after 50 hours.
    Thing is ive often seen him complain about games being too short too :P
    ACG as always does a great review.

ACG and Worth A Buy are my go to Youtube game reviewers.

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »

Can't stand ACG. Worthabuy on the other hand. Legend!

Venom wrote: »

Ah yer man Mac is a whingy yoke, at times hes correct other times he couldnt be further off the mark.
    Hes funny as hell thats for sure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I've been playing it for the past 2 days and I'm liking it alot. I'd go as far as to say it's the best in the series since Brotherhood and the story just gets more and more interesting. I want to see what happens next but I keep being distracted by the beautiful world and all the side quests and activities.

It's far better than Origins in just about every way even though it uses a lot of the same assets. Origins became very repetitive and bloated whereas with Odyssey at least so far I'm not fatigued by it yet and I've just reached Athens. I always feel compelled to do the military bases and bandit camps nearby because they're much smaller and seeing as a lot of them contain quest items you never have to clear them out more than once.

yeah,i got about 20hours into Origins and couldnt be arsed to continue.ill go back to iut no doubt,but itll be next year ,looking at the next 6 months releases

still waiting for my gold edition copy from the game collection,hope its there when i get home in a while..still it cost the same as the vanilla version on psn so im not too annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Looking at the countdown on psn is killing me. I wanna play now!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Used a VPN to get early access, its a damn fine looking game in 4k.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I don't think I'm gonna get it. Looks good, very good. There's just something... missing for me, dunno what. I remember watching videos on youtube for Black Flag when it came out, and almost immediately I was like "OMG I need this now!". I'm not getting that feeling watching vids on Odyssey :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Not sure whether to buy or not. I bought Origins and got bored after 6 or 7 hours of play. :(

I like the idea of exploration mode but it needs to be implemented better. Its seems to be a reaction to to many markers problem some people have.

I started the game with it on and turned it off after a while, good idea bad execution.

jaxxx wrote: »
    I don't think I'm gonna get it. Looks good, very good. There's just something... missing for me, dunno what. I remember watching videos on youtube for Black Flag when it came out, and almost immediately I was like "OMG I need this now!". I'm not getting that feeling watching vids on Odyssey :(

Im actually like that with this game and im not an AC fan at all, this is a totally different game, its a full on rpg in an open world, its been compared to the witcher 3 but better combat which speaks volumes.

Weapons/armor/stats/upgrades/skill trees/ all done like a proper rpg with an open world and fun combat is right up my street :)

This is also different to origins apparently, while fun and had small elements of rpg it was the gateway to what odyssey seems to be right now,,, i could be wrong as i havent played it yet but thats what the general consensus seems to be with reviewers and streamers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Dcully wrote: »
    Weapons/armor/stats/upgrades/skill trees/ all done like a proper rpg with an open world and fun combat is right up my street :)

How heavy are the rpg elements?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Rory28 wrote: »
    How heavy are the rpg elements?

You can scale it with your difficulty selection!
    I'm playing on easy, least RPG elements :)

Pretty good q&a here,going through the ups and downs,seems to me its improved on the good stuff and eliminated some of the faults from Origins..

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭letsgo2018

Is this game more like the Witcher 3 or Shadow of War. How does it compare to both

Only played a half hour or so earlier and messed around in the world. Movement feels the best it's ever been in an AC title and I like the parry , timing on it seems quite easy to get to grips with though would have preferred a single button to do it like dark souls etc. or can that be changed I didn't think to check.

• Advertisement

Only played a half hour or so earlier and messed around in the world. Movement feels the best it's ever been in an AC title and I like the parry , timing on it seems quite easy to get to grips with though would have preferred a single button to do it like dark souls etc. or can that be changed I didn't think to check.

There's an alternate control scheme in the menu's alright, but not sure if it changes parry controls :)
    It is a bit of a pain for me at the moment, as I keep holding LB/L1 and my brain forgets to let go.
    Hopefully I get the hang of it soon :D

The parrying is a bit of a cheat so far unless there are moves coming later that you cant parry.

You can parry arrows ffs :D

Combat is good but not witcher 3 good but I dont have a full set of unlocks yet so maybe it will change.

Calling it now the Spartan Kick is FUS RO DAH for 2018, its absolutely hilarious the things you can do with it :D

So is everyone playing as Kassie?

Did anyone successfully romance
    Odessa
    as her? :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

UPlay seems broken today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Eagerly awaiting my steam download to finish.

First Assassins Creed game since I believe the second one that came out. This has had me hyped ever since I saw it was based in ancient greece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,208 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Oh dear God the size of this game

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Broke out today and got this. My tooth can wait to be extracted! Heard there's a 1.4Gb patch, so that won't happen tonight. Anyone know if there's anything game breaking in the first, say, 4 hours without the patch?

Advertisement