Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

East Wall, Dublin 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dindindin

They're launching Thursday 20th October 2005.
    On View: Thursday 12-2pm, Friday 12-2pm, Saturday 12-4pm, Sunday 12-4pm.

Prices from:
    1 Bedroom Apartment from €290,000
    2 Bedroom Apartment from €370,000
    3 Bedroom Apartment from €435,000

The luas is planned to stop right outside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

thanks for the info guys.

dindin - have you bought one of these? they look well nice...practically in town aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭risteardo

A friend of mine is looking at these, but the 30k for a car parking space is putting him off. Told him he can park at mine around the corner in East Wall for a far less substantial sum ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dindindin

I popped in to see those apartments the other day - they're very nice - a lot nicer than any of the apartments i've seen in a while based on what i've seen some of my friends buy so i reckon they are a good buy since spencer dock is still in its early stages of development but i have to agree with slutboy as i was thinking the same thing as i viewed them (also i'm sure there is an annual maintenance fee)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭FreeAnd..

Hey,

Seriously considering buying a 2 bed in Crosbies Yard but want to find out all I can first. The location is ideal for me and in the long term I see that whole area being done up but still have some reservations not least the 25,000 for a parking space and the buying from the plans without a show apartment. Advice from anyone who has bought here or is considering buying here would be very much appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Buy the parking spaces they will be worth the money in 5 years. I know people who bought apartments just for the parking. They now how have city parking and rent the property out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 shoutinbob

i read today ALDI were refused permission to build on church road, they wanted to put in a 6 story apt block plus a store on the ground floor

shoutinbob wrote:
    i read today ALDI were refused permission to build on church road, they wanted to put in a 6 story apt block plus a store on the ground floor

where did you read that bob? any link available?

cheers.

its in the Irish times today in the property section under the board pleanala section, decisions to refuse-- they were looking for 43 apts in.. i guess 6 stories a bit high for that road, it maybe on http://www.pleanala.ie somewhere i would say

Does anyone know of any other developments planned for that area? Shops, Amenities etc? There seems to be alot of unused space around there so long term I can only assume that there will be alot going on. Is there a good site to check for any planned development - had a quick look at pleanala.ie but that site is awful. Can anyone point to anything better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Much appreciated Victor, was down at crosbies yard today to have a look around. The apartments look fine and the dual aspect is a nice feature. The 2 bed apartments are only 675sq foot. Is this size worth the price? Its 335,000 for a third floor apt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Leopold

Thinkin of buyin a two bed on Mary's Road...can any one tell me if the area/street was flooded during the floods of 2002???

whats the place like to live in??????
    what are 2 beds going for price wise down there???????

any info much appreciated guys/gals

Apparently some of Mary's Road was and some wasn't, however some insurance companies won't even quote Mary's,

price wise all depends on size & condition i guess, have a look on the web for the area, it can really vary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Leopold

cheers shoutin bob

any ideas for prices on insurance...about how much more expensive is that say for a house of similar size etc....appreciate that question is v specific but just on the off chance that u/ anyone may know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Unkie B

Leopold most of Mary's Rd was flooded. As for insurance, everybody buying down in East Wall has some degree of difficulty initially but everybody gets it somewhere in the end. If they didn't there wouldn't be so many houses passing hands. Try with whoever you took your mortgage out with.

I moved in just over a year ago. My Insurance is just under €400 which is pretty good as the house is pretty big.

The houses on Mary's Rd vary in size and type. Most of the 2 bed ex council houses are going for between €340,000 and €370,000. Most of these would guide at about €320,000. You'd be lucky to get one for less. There is one on Mary's Rd at the moment (guiding €385,000) but this has been designed by the two Architect's living in it and is in great condition.

Hope this has been of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vivienne

Hey, I've just moved to East wall and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I could buy a Christmas tree in the area...I have a car so I can drive & pick it up but my car isn't huge...so it'd have to be a small tree then! Thanks...

Hey Viv,
    Your gaf is on Seaview Ave there right? do you have rear access from the lane between the houses on seaview and the back of the lighthouse apts?

if you do, has the builder(of lighthouse) ever contacted you regarding plans for that lane? Just wondering cos its in a bit of a state at the minute, wonder if there are any plans to gate it off with only access to residents etc...?

cheers..
    ps hope ya got a tree sorted in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Vivienne

Yep, on Seaview Avenue....I've been out in the lane alright but you really can't move around there at the moment....its really mucky and the ground is all churned up from construction vehicles going through the place. Before I bought the place, my solicitor did a search to find out what was going on...turns out that they're widening the laneway by ~3ft (I think they've already done this); tarmacing the whole thing, putting in pedestrian lighting and railings at the back of the apartments (backing onto the lane if you know what I mean). So, it could be nice eventually.

Builders name is Collen. I'm trying to contact them myself but haven't as yet found a phone number so I can get in touch with the foreman or something...at the moment, they're blocking the lane (probably have a license to do so) but I'd like to get access to the rear of my property. I gutted one of the rooms in the house (so far!) and I want to get a skip out the back to remove all the rubbish...if anyone has their contact details, I'd appreciate it! If they're nice builders, I don't think this should be a problem....after all, they wake me up every Saturday morning at 8am and during the week sometimes forget to turn out their floodlights!

pm sent with contact details...

tarmacing the whole thing sounds great cos it is an eyesore usually. it would be good to get a gate up also to keep the little scumbags away from my porsche in the underground car park :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 clodo

Dear All

I Am Moving Into East Wall Next Month, All Going Well. Anyone Know Where The Local Credit Union Is? Also Is The Only Local Pub The Fisherman's Wharf?

What Are The Pubs In Fairview Like?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭bush doctor

^^^

The Yacht in Clontarf down the road is a blast ;)

Thanks. I Have Forgotten Totally About The Yacht. Good Call, That Will Be My First Stop:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

clodo wrote:
    I Am Moving Into East Wall Next Month, All Going Well. Anyone Know Where The Local Credit Union Is?
    There is one on the North Strand just on the Fairview side of the railway/canal bridge. There is a boarded up house next door.

Check www.ilcu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 d??

I've lived in east wall all my life, I'm 25 now. East Wall used to have a bad reputation as like any other area in the inner city but I can strongly say that this has changed dramitically in the last few years.But for a small community they still have a lot to offer , there's a chemist, butchers, shops, hairdressers, dry cleaners, shoe maker, bookies and credit union as the area is walking distance to the IFSC , Fairview and the city centre I think you will agree that this is an added bonus. Years ago east wall was a very close community everyone knew everyone and if a "stranger" was in the area they would probaly have been looked upon now adays thats different there is so many different people living in the area that I could'nt even tell you who lives across the road from me!There is so many new apartments getting built around the area I think its great to see. As for the seabank house this is a great pub and everybody is welcomed here the food is great although they could do with having a bit of entertainment. The Fairview Inn is a good pub for music of a Friday and Saturday Night.I hope this gives people who are moving and thinking of moving into east wall a bit of comfort to know its not as bad as its been made out to be.

Victor wrote:
    There is one on the North Strand just on the Fairview side of the railway/canal bridge. There is a boarded up house next door.

Check www.ilcu.ie

Thank you very much that site was very helpfull.:) :)

Also D?? Will try them all. THANKS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

Hey

All great stuff in this thread that has really gave me a good insight to the area.

I bought (with chick) in Lighthouse 2. The agent said it would be ready in Spring 06 but the solicitors have recently said summer 06.

Had a look around last wkd and Lighthouse 1 appears to be nearly ready and Lighthouse 2 is not that far behind.

Can anyone shed any light onto this?

Thanks

Hey

All great stuff in this thread that has really gave me a good insight to the area.

I bought (with chick) in Lighthouse 2. The agent said it would be ready in Spring 06 but the solicitors have recently said summer 06.

Had a look around last wkd and Lighthouse 1 appears to be nearly ready and Lighthouse 2 is not that far behind.

Can anyone shed any light onto this?

Thanks

Lighthouse 1 is starting to snag this month. Should be in by late feb, march timeframe. Hopefully :D

Was it a 2 bed you got in Lighthouse 2 Frank? What floor/price if you dont mind me asking...?

I bought in lighthouse 1 Snaged this week, but only a few are ready for snaging. I agree with candyman end of Feb if lucky, but still a building site for a long time to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 frankdrebin

Hey

Thanks for that - its good to hear they are coming along.

Candyman... I bought a one bedroom (500sq foot plus 200sq foot terrace). It cost 285k - I didnt think it was too bad when you look at the same across the river! What about yourself?

Clodo... Good job getting your snagging done. What is the finished apartment like? I assume that they are all furnished the same inside due to the no change policy so fill me in! Any pictures?

I agree with the building site comment BIG TIME. The two commercial units havent even been started yet! But hopefully the residential areas will be landscaped sooner rather than later.

Advertisement