Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WINTER WEATHER 2013/2014 - See Mod Note First Post

Options
19495969798100»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so winter 2013/2014 broke records for wind, rain and high temperatures, no doubt what ever next winter brings, it's highly unlikely to be anything like the one we've just experienced. Im sure these records will spread all the way past Moscow at least for winter warmth and wind. At a guess I expect next winter can only be less windy, more frosty at least and not as mild as this one. Perhaps we will see an easterly next winter, it's been 3 years since we've had a decent stab at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Gonzo wrote: »
    so winter 2013/2014 broke records for wind, rain and high temperatures, no doubt what ever next winter brings, it's highly unlikely to be anything like the one we've just experienced. Im sure these records will spread all the way past Moscow at least for winter warmth and wind. At a guess I expect next winter can only be less windy, more frosty at least and not as mild as this one. Perhaps we will see an easterly next winter, it's been 3 years since we've had a decent stab at it.

Speak for yourselves. We'd a colder than average winter down here (apparently!) ..."Mean air temperatures were on or above LTA everywhere except for Cork Airport and Markree. Differences ranged from 0.1°C below at Cork Airport and Markree with a mean temperature of 5.7°C and 5.5°C repectively".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If anyone wants to see some snow this summer, the new season at the Fonna Glacier ski resort in Norway is about a month away. They currently have too much snow however.

Folgefonna3.jpg

That's a 10m high tower...

http://www.folgefonn.no/en/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭droidman123

I am heading to Norway next week, I hope to see some snow. Going up to Bodø on the train.

Lucky man! Beautiful part of the world,if you have the time you could get the hydrofoil from bodo to Narvik,I would recommend the trip. Your sure to see lots of snow.

• Advertisement

Tabnabs wrote: »
    If anyone wants to see some snow this summer, the new season at the Fonna Glacier ski resort in Norway is about a month away. They currently have too much snow however.

Folgefonna3.jpg

That's a 10m high tower...

http://www.folgefonn.no/en/
    Is there a ski lift under there? :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement