Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

National Bike Week 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the annual hi-vis fest

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Herr Khume Schuccs

Hundreds of Bike Week Events are being held across the country, check out www.bikeweek.ie for details.
    Swapping your car for a bike whenever you can is good for your health, wealth and for your planet.
    Why not burn fat, not oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭work

Very positive are we starting to see societal changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

work wrote: »
    Very positive are we starting to see societal changes?

i really dont think so,

searched for adult events in donegal
    We currently have no events listed for that search. If you wish to submit your local event, please contact bikeweek@dttas.ie for further details.

we tried for several years to put on try a bike events etc got no interest at all.

theres 5 national school cycles listed as all the bike week events in donegal

i really dont think so,

searched for adult events in donegal

we tried for several years to put on try a bike events etc got no interest at all.

theres 5 national school cycles listed as all the bike week events in donegal

Yes that is crap. I hope it could grow to all areas. Would it be worth making an application to the council to put something together for future years?

• Advertisement

work wrote: »
    Yes that is crap. I hope it could grow to all areas. Would it be worth making an application to the council to put something together for future years?

This is not entirely accurate as events are still being added, see what happened in Donegal last year http://www.highlandradio.com/2019/05/16/donegal-gearing-ready-for-bike-week-2019/
    Hundreds of events will take place all across the country, last year over 40,000 participated, making it overall one of the biggest events of the year, so maybe not entirely crap! Events like these very much depend on volunteers, if interested in promoting cycling why not organise or participate in an event, local authorities provide funding to cover costs, the application period for this year is now likely passed.

This is not entirely accurate as events are still being added, see what happened in Donegal last year http://www.highlandradio.com/2019/05/16/donegal-gearing-ready-for-bike-week-2019/
    Hundreds of events will take place all across the country, last year over 40,000 participated, making it overall one of the biggest events of the year, so maybe not entirely crap! Events like these very much depend on volunteers, if interested in promoting cycling why not organise or participate in an event, local authorities provide funding to cover costs, the application period for this year is now likely passed.

Don't think you read my post! I was answering a previous one on the basis of what he said?

Not meant as a criticism, just a clarification that events are still being added, the report from last year gives a more accurate idea of the overall level of events in Donegal.

Advertisement