Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Go Ahead Ireland new Airport sub depo.

Options
  • 17-06-2019 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Go Ahead Ireland are renting space in the Red car park at Dublin Airport.

This will save buses going to and from the main Ballymount depo. Buses will still be serviced in Ballymount.

North County routes and route 17A duties will start and finish here. Fueling I believe will be done in Collinstown and washing at the truck wash in the airport business park.

Along with improved timetables this will really help above routes a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Logical move. I presume they'll be basing the 17a, 33a, 33b, 102 and perhaps even some duties on other routes like the 104/220 and the Blanch locals. Do you know how may buses will be based there and is there already or will there be facilities for drivers such as toilets and/or a canteen. I also wonder will this mean that they will finally restore the 102 back to double deckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Logical move. I presume they'll be basing the 17a, 33a, 33b, 102 and perhaps even some duties on other routes like the 104/220 and the Blanch locals. Do you know how may buses will be based there and is there already or will there be facilities for drivers such as toilets and/or a canteen. I also wonder will this mean that they will finally restore the 102 back to double deckers.

Starting with north county and 17A. Now it could be more but thats what Ive been told. Ill be down there tomorrow night in tbe early hours so ill have a quick count and see whats been stored there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Stephen15 wrote: »

Even more logical would be having the 17A in service to the airport given that the many areas it serves doesnt have a service to the Airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

17a serves Beaumont hospital would be a massive detour for the many many patients who rely on the service to get them to the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

thomasj wrote: »
    Even more logical would be having the 17A in service to the airport given that the many areas it serves doesnt have a service to the Airport.

It would be a bit messy making the 17a longer which is a route that by the sounds of things is already long enough and suffers from enough issues with running times as it is. A better idea would be to introduce a route from Blachardstown to Swords serving Finglas, Ballymun and the Airport along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Fizzy Duck

There are 12 buses stationed at Airport. All for 33a/33b/102. 2 buses are for duties on 17a. All buses return to Ballymount for refueling and washing during the course of the day/night. Most 17a duties still run from Ballymount. No plans at the moment to move more services over.

Advertisement