Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greyhound Waste Thread - MOD WARNING in Post 1

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

jay0109 wrote: »
    Ring Joe- they're looking for people who got the letter

The researchers number is 2083111

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

deelite wrote: »
    Fair usage letter - mine says I'm allowed 42kg per month and get charged 30c per extra kg - I think 21kg was the lowest black bin weight in the past year in our house.

I finally got through to Greyhound customer care after much trying. They tell me there will be no letter issued to myself as I use all 3 bins...green,brown and black.
    The letter is intended for those who use the black bin only in an effort to encourage them to recycle.

I'm dubious about this.

Deelite,
    do you use the black bin only?

Latest account update from Greyhound overnight. Another price rise, this time to €20.95 from 1st August and also having fair usage limit of 42kg per month applied to my account for the 1st time.

My history over the past year or so:
    Feb 17 15.50 per month, flat rate
    Aug 17 19.50 per month, flat rate
    Aug 18 20.95 per month, excess allowance.

Based on my previous weights for the past 12 months, I'm looking at another €5 per month on the new €20.95 rate which equates to a 67% rise for myself since Feb17.

There's no end to this

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

Latest account update from Greyhound overnight. Another price rise, this time to €20.95 from 1st August and also having fair usage limit of 42kg per month applied to my account for the 1st time.

My history over the past year or so:
    Feb 17 15.50 per month, flat rate
    Aug 17 19.50 per month, flat rate
    Aug 18 20.95 per month, excess allowance.

Based on my previous weights for the past 12 months, I'm looking at another €5 per month on the new €20.95 rate which equates to a 67% rise for myself since Feb17.

There's no end to this
    42kg should be only on the black bin.
    Do you go above that?

My avg black bin for the past 12 months is 62kg per month.

I rang Greyhound and spoke to a helpful employee there. To summarise:
    1. pay by weight for all comes in in Oct18 so no more flat rates like I've been on the past few years
    2. no allowances are made for large families
    3. no allowances are made for those with special needs/circumstances
    4. If your under 42kg in any money, those spare kg's don't carry forward. Each month is stand alone.

I expect prices to rise further and quickly. A Regulator for the Waste industry will be appointed eventually so they'll want to get prices high ahead of that.

And to think we're always being told there is negligible inflation in the economy and hasn't been for years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Privatisation has been a total and utter failure in my option, sooner rather than later this entire service is going to have to be run by county councils again.

We have waste operators running rouge operations.

Prices rising, users totally confussed about why and what is going on, I like most users barely use my black bin, yet no consideration is given to my low usage of this bin.

We have 3/4 bins trucks flying around housing estates on a weekly basis, chucking out emissions, then the emissions from the other trucks going to the same location from out of centre locations, if one CC ran this we could and should have sorting facilitates on site near the incinerator.

Green bins should truly be free, as in one you have a wheelie you can put it out, no charge.

Radical changes are needed, system isn't functioning as it was thought out, prices sky rocketing in the name of the 'environment'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

The whole thing has been a disaster from the start and anyone who didn't think prices would rise and rise was a fool.
    Now we have rubbish dumped on every street corner all over the country and even by the waste collectors themselves (and it's not just a Donegal thing)
    Years later and still nothing done - should be a fixed waste charge levied on every house and you can choose your collector. Waste collectors need to be regulated so they can't be dumping rubbish themselves. And stop wasting tax payers money on councils spending every day of the year cleaning up dumping.
    I mean jeez, go outside the city center (of Dublin) and you can barely find a waste bin as they were just being used to dump domestic waste so they were removed.
    Dublin has become a cesspool of rubbish
    When the rats start to number in their billions guess who will be the first to complain.

So different going to European countries where you just don't see rubbish, mainly because everyone pays a charge and you have big bins on every street corner that people use.

Another rate rise for Greyhound...my monthly charge has gone up €1 for June to €21.95. That's a 42% rate rise v's July17, 2 years ago!
    Plus they have excess weight charges also introduced in the past 12 months so in real terms, my monthly bill is up 60% v's 2 years ago.

And no notification of the latest price rise either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Another rate rise for Greyhound...my monthly charge has gone up €1 for June to €21.95. That's a 42% rate rise v's July17, 2 years ago!
    Plus they have excess weight charges also introduced in the past 12 months so in real terms, my monthly bill is up 60% v's 2 years ago.

And no notification of the latest price rise either.

Can you move to City Bin? I find them to be very good

Advertisement